SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:03 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,172 Posts
Wow, are we looking at the same graph? post 17226?

If so, what I see representing what appears to be the horizontal axis legend is:

Time (s)

0..... 24.6 ..... 49.3 .... (etc)

Plenty (about 25?) of zig-zag (line data points) between 0 and 24.6

Maybe I mis-stated the word "tick". I'm considering a 'tick" as the smallest time division, meaning the difference in time between each neighboring data point. When I read the above post about there only being 15 ticks, I noticed we must have a difference in vocabulary. I was referring to that as a "major" time division. Sorry for the confusion (if any), I'm not a professor. I don't know the proper names, and assumed my wording was clear enough by the way I structured my sentences.

And yes, 54 and 80*C seems high for non-heat type of electrical equipment. But I'm a newbie, and haven't even fired up a 450 ESC, let alone measure their temperatures.

Thanks for sharing
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Oct 25, 2010 at 08:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:11 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
The ticks I was referring to are the graph lines.

The points on the graph look to be recorded once a second.

Edit:

Point I was making was that there will most likely always be 15 graph lines or "ticks" as they were referred to. I've since went and looked at several graphs online from various superbrains and apparently the theory was correct, always 15 graph lines no matter what the flight time, so the interval between the graph lines will vary from flight to flight.

Hope that clarifies things.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:28 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
Never thought the graph was going to cause so much debate and analysis! I'do like to see your graph rg....

for those that st really interesed I can post the data file and you can install the reader and do further analysis on it.

It makes me want go back down to a 11 t pinion... And install that heat sink.

Might do that next time I open up the fuse.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:34 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
The ticks I was referring to are the graph lines.

The points on the graph look to be recorded once a second.

Edit:

Point I was making was that there will most likely always be 15 graph lines or "ticks" as they were referred to. I've since went and looked at several graphs online from various superbrains and apparently the theory was correct, always 15 graph lines no matter what the flight time, so the interval between the graph lines will vary from flight to flight.

Hope that clarifies things.
Yes vocabulary issues. Easy to resolve with prior agreements of definitions.

I don't consider locations of Graph Lines too important. To me, the step size (what I was calling a "tick") between data points is critical. In this case, the 1 second interval between data samples maybe a very important consideration if someone was trying to find a smaller spike that could cause a RX to glitch.

Anyway, it is not my problem (if there is even a problem). I'm happy to have gotten exposed to the SuperBrain graph, and high temperature characteristics.

Thanks
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Oct 25, 2010, 08:51 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,223 Posts
hey guys , i know i posted that the hk401gyro was crap but now i need to eat those words because the one on the 250 is working flawlessly . so i guess its a good cheap gyro but buy a couple because you may have a few duds before one works . so in reality 2 gyros were bad and 1 works great , so it cost me say 40.00 a working gyro . on a different note ,has anyone tryed the new turngy gyro out ?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11958
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:12 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2007
42 Posts
Captingeek here you go, 11t rocks for flight time ~8-9 minutes soft flying.
Also zoomed in to show people the resolution
FYI the sample rate is on the top right in samples/sec (it says pm for some reason?)
This can be set at up to 30 per second at the expense of recording time...
RG2000 is online now Find More Posts by RG2000
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:41 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
nice thanks for that. here's one i did tonight with some crazey pitch pumps. ambient temps tonight are a lot cooler.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 09:44 PM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Anyway, it is not my problem (if there is even a problem). I'm happy to have gotten exposed to the SuperBrain graph, and high temperature characteristics.
mainly just show and tell, not really trying to solve a problem. was just kidding about the professor comment.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 01:50 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaingeek View Post
And install that heat sink.

Might do that next time I open up the fuse.
Probably not much air movement inside that fuse. You could try to put on one of the small fans used on PC motherboard chipsets.
I have a Superbrain, but no success so far in getting connection to the PC. I'm trying with a HXT USB key though.

Fred
flarssen is online now Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Oct 26, 2010, 03:04 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jul 2007
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flarssen View Post
I have a Superbrain, but no success so far in getting connection to the PC. I'm trying with a HXT USB key though.

Fred
What com port is the key set to? Look in device manager. It must be 0-9 or you'll never get it to connect
RG2000 is online now Find More Posts by RG2000
Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:28 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,316 Posts
Lads, been trying to hunt down a vibration/twitch that I have been getting. When the main blades are off, I spool the heli up and there is no vibration/twitch at all. With the blades on, the tail vibrates quite a bit before the heli takes off and then it has a random on and off twitch like vibration.

I have balanced the blades twice and they seem ok. could there be something else wrong with these blades causing this ?
Wade1 is offline Find More Posts by Wade1
Old Oct 26, 2010, 06:41 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
Lads, been trying to hunt down a vibration/twitch that I have been getting. When the main blades are off, I spool the heli up and there is no vibration/twitch at all. With the blades on, the tail vibrates quite a bit before the heli takes off and then it has a random on and off twitch like vibration.

I have balanced the blades twice and they seem ok. could there be something else wrong with these blades causing this ?
are they tracking? have you tried other blades?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:17 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,316 Posts
yep they are tracking ok and have changed blades. still does it.

I have got my gyro set to 60% in HH mode. At this percentage, the wag seems pretty fast and at around 56% its still there but kinda softer and slower.

does this sound like a vibration problem ?
Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:34 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade1 View Post
yep they are tracking ok and have changed blades. still does it.

I have got my gyro set to 60% in HH mode. At this percentage, the wag seems pretty fast and at around 56% its still there but kinda softer and slower.

does this sound like a vibration problem ?
put her on rate mode 30%, does she wiggle her tail
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 26, 2010, 09:05 AM
Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,316 Posts
at 30% in rate mode the tail wags like mad. But as in...gyro not set up wagging.

when I bump it up to 40% in rate the wag/twitch is hardly there. Might see a TINY bit of movement in the tail every now and then but no where near as much as it is in HH mode.

what does this determine ?
Closed Thread