HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:06 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Go back and look at 1:57 on the video. Camera person loses track of it there for a few seconds, I'm sure it happens more than once, but there's him not being able to keep up.

Edit:

2:11 as well.

If the reasoning that it's fake and sped up is that the camera man keeps it in camera instead of losing it, that's a bit weak, but there are two instance where the helicopter goes out of frame because the camera person can't keep up.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:17 PM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
lol Barak, I could take a picture of you, then take that picture do some trick photography. I can make it look like you were in bed with Paris Hilton. You'd be amazed at what tricks they can do at the movies. You've seen star wars right?
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:23 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
No I wouldn't, I can take video of you and add Paris Hilton into the video using After Effects.

The problem here is there's no editing to that video. The video is uncut and it's obvious that it's uncut. In order to speed things he would have had to have somehow started the stop watch in the middle of the video or he'd have to be as good at video editing as the guys that did Star Wars. That's pretty doubtful considering this kid doesn't even look legal drinking age.

I seriously doubt anyone would go through the hassle of rigging up a stopwatch to remote start just to make this video. As it was said before, it'd be easier to make the video without faking it than faking it.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:30 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post

I seriously doubt anyone would go through the hassle of rigging up a stopwatch to remote start just to make this video. As it was said before, it'd be easier to make the video without faking it than faking it.
You'd be amazed at what people will do for entertainment. People do it all the time. My friend he's doing some movie making course, and the stuff they can do is so amazing. You can make a person disappear with your mobile phone cam. Press record, then pause, move the object away, then record again. And that is nothing to what else they can do. It's entertaining barak, that's all it is.
Last edited by pitchp; Oct 20, 2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 07:48 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
On a different note.. I thought I'd share one of my fav websites..

http://www.chadrg.com/

I hope it can help some one here.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:46 PM
Not a six pack
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
RS: you're a man of logic and reason...
I AM a man of logic and reason. Which is why I believe it. There are other reasons, but.. IMO you won't be convinced - which is totally fine.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:05 PM
Hey y'all... watch this!
Bellevue, WA
Joined Jan 2004
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
Rexy, here's my other one almost very close to completion. Can't wait for this one to boogey.

Something is not quite right about this picture.... wait a minute...
I've got it!!!

Oh dear pitchp... you heli will be very 'pitchy' indeed. Or is it SUPPOSED to be that way?

LOL!!! Ah, now everyone is just messing with my head. I'm in the flybar paddle zombie zone! They're all backwards! Ohhhhh noooooooooo.

Rex A Lott is offline Find More Posts by Rex A Lott
Old Oct 20, 2010, 11:56 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
I noticed that one too, I thought he did it just to be facetious .
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:07 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001 View Post
Go back and look at 1:57 on the video. Camera person loses track of it there for a few seconds, I'm sure it happens more than once, but there's him not being able to keep up.

Edit:

2:11 as well.

If the reasoning that it's fake and sped up is that the camera man keeps it in camera instead of losing it, that's a bit weak, but there are two instance where the helicopter goes out of frame because the camera person can't keep up.
Also, Kyles dad (cameraman) explained how he can track so well: he knows the routine! No way to film it if you didn't.
sandos is offline Find More Posts by sandos
Old Oct 21, 2010, 02:08 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
lol you guys are super It's good to see, y'all has got a good sense of humour.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 05:42 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Users of Spartan Quark, do you use the 3mm foam pad they say you should use? I read that it really likes hard foam pads?
Old Oct 21, 2010, 06:34 AM
Yes, I know it's upside down.
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
3,315 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandos View Post
Users of Spartan Quark, do you use the 3mm foam pad they say you should use? I read that it really likes hard foam pads?
I have never read that, although I haven't looked either. I use the foam pads that come with it. They are quite soft. Much lighter than that double sided servo mounting foam tape that you can buy.
Harrow is offline Find More Posts by Harrow
Old Oct 21, 2010, 07:56 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,469 Posts
I use the 3mm supplied pads with mine
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 21, 2010, 08:13 AM
Sweden
Joined Jan 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
I have never read that, although I haven't looked either. I use the foam pads that come with it. They are quite soft. Much lighter than that double sided servo mounting foam tape that you can buy.
Here are a few that uses 1mm: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=218905

Anyway, I will try once more with a more tight belt, then if that does not help against the random jerkyness at hover I think I will try the 1mm.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:01 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience View Post
it's not sped up. He has a followup video where he proves it with an audio recording and a stopwatch or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-y6f...eature=related

and someone will say the music was edited and the stopwatch wasnt in view the entire time.. faking the video would take more work than just doing it.
Everything on the video is doable. Oh, to be young again with great eyesight and fast reflexes.
jhroof is online now Find More Posts by jhroof
Closed Thread