HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:55 AM
Bradford, UK
Joined Sep 2010
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clicky View Post
Yup. That's it: tail servo for speed (durability is second thing you look at and robustness only comes after first two) and robustness (and torque) for cyclics (speed is on the third place).

BTW Chinese weight mod it good example that you don't, really, necessarily, need torque for tail servo...
Yeah, i've ordered a set of custom weights for the 450 pro blade grips for my heli after doing the pushrod test by hand with the tail running at my hovering throttle position. It took a LOT of force to move the tail, even with the integrated weights which are part of the pro grips. The weights i've ordered have been tuned to provide some loading on the blades but very light force required to move them.

See this video of a 250 for a really good demonstration of the difference between the v2, pro and modded tail grips in action.

T250 WEIGHTED GRIP TEST (4 min 37 sec)
jagsta is offline Find More Posts by jagsta
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 19, 2010, 07:56 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Ah, my fault. I didn't mean to say that! What I wanted to say is that gyro has a bit higher price I expected! Something along time lines of 'T-Bar' being similar price to Beast X and for that money I wouldn't buy one just to try it (as I did with Walkera's 2610V). Had it been 40-50% cheaper I would have bought one immediately.
man i just want to try it, everyone seems to rave on how their heli flies like the sim, even the pros are saying the same thing! If I can make a tarot 450 TT with fbl, and it flies like the Trex 450 on RF, i'd be wrapped!
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:06 AM
UK
Joined May 2007
3,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
man i just want to try it, everyone seems to rave on how their heli flies like the sim, even the pros are saying the same thing! If I can make a tarot 450 TT with fbl, and it flies like the Trex 450 on RF, i'd be wrapped!
Unfortunately you need to spend on FBL unit the same amount of money as on rest of your helicopter. But, there is some truth in what people are saying!
clicky is offline Find More Posts by clicky
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:23 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Unfortunately you need to spend on FBL unit the same amount of money as on rest of your helicopter. But, there is some truth in what people are saying!
Yeah, well if the 3D pros are saying "it flies like the sim". And you are loving it. That must say something
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:35 AM
USA, FL, Poinciana
Joined Jul 2008
86 Posts
Finished my build a few days ago. Got tons of info from this thread. I'm flying it completely stock and will soon change the main blades. If any of you are flying with the stock v2 blades with the stickers, I suggest you take them off as they could come off mid flight.
rewstad is offline Find More Posts by rewstad
Old Oct 19, 2010, 08:54 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
very nice, that's a good gyro

I like the dark colors, but it's very hard to fly with dark colors for me. How do you find flying with darker color birds? I had a black one, and I crashed it. So I try and fly with bright colors now days. Still experimenting though. This is one of my birds that I am almost finish completing with bright colors
Last edited by pitchp; Oct 19, 2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 09:31 AM
USA, FL, Poinciana
Joined Jul 2008
86 Posts
it's fine. It's red on the bottom and that makes it easier for me to see. I like the top and bottom different colors to help with orientation.
rewstad is offline Find More Posts by rewstad
Old Oct 19, 2010, 10:25 AM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsta View Post
Lol, thought you were serious

Yeah, i figure the cyclics take a bit more of a battering in a crash - i've got mg90 servos on the cyclic. No crashes so far, so I've yet to see how they'll hold up. I am tempted by some of the Hitecs when these servos bite the dust, they're not as expensive as I thought (the mg90 servos were about $8 each though, can't beat that for value!)
Just to let you know there is a night and day difference between the towerpro mg90,exi 213F, and the emax es08md servos to the hitec hs65mgs. you will be amazed how much more percise and smooth your heli will become
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Oct 19, 2010, 12:26 PM
Lord, teach me pa... *crash*
USA, ME, Caribou
Joined Jun 2008
32 Posts
Noob question: Are the Tower Pro mg90 servos and the Turnigy mg90 servo from Hobby King substantially different, or are they similar enough?

Best price for an mg90?

TIA
John
pastorJohn is offline Find More Posts by pastorJohn
Old Oct 19, 2010, 02:51 PM
Bradford, UK
Joined Sep 2010
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorJohn View Post
Best price for an mg90?
I got mine here, for $7.50 each.

I can recommend the company, i've placed a number of orders with them.

http://www.rc711.com/shop/towerpro-m...vo-p-2744.html
jagsta is offline Find More Posts by jagsta
Old Oct 19, 2010, 03:00 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Mar 2010
1,272 Posts
>Best price for an mg90?

Deal Extreme sells them for $9.05, with free shipping.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.31964

I've had 11 orders with DX this year, and am a very satisfied customer.
monkeyhanger is offline Find More Posts by monkeyhanger
Old Oct 19, 2010, 06:34 PM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorJohn View Post
Noob question: Are the Tower Pro mg90 servos and the Turnigy mg90 servo from Hobby King substantially different, or are they similar enough?

Best price for an mg90?

TIA
John
There is really not much difference between the two. They are not one of the best, but for hovering, and mild sport flying, they are ok. They are extremely noisy. They are ideal for someone new to the hobby and the 450 size heli.. not recommended for 250 or lower. Too heavy
Old Oct 20, 2010, 06:54 AM
Lord, teach me pa... *crash*
USA, ME, Caribou
Joined Jun 2008
32 Posts
Wow! Thanks for the replies and info. I have some OK Esky 9g digitals on the swash now, but I'm just learning and I don't put the Heli through any hard flying. With a TIGHT budget for hobby stuff I have to be really careful.

Happy flying! John
pastorJohn is offline Find More Posts by pastorJohn
Old Oct 20, 2010, 08:34 AM
No Longer Active
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Main Rotor Blades Ratings (Max Headspeed)

Anyone know what the rating is for the following Main Rotor Blades(Max HS in general)

Plastic:
Wood:
Carbon Fiber:
Fiber Glass:

Cheers
Old Oct 20, 2010, 09:05 AM
master of the universe
USA, CA, Novato
Joined Jul 2008
3,076 Posts
Not sure but it depends on the brands. Align probably publish there numbers. Wood will definitely explode first.
captaingeek is offline Find More Posts by captaingeek
Closed Thread