Closed Thread
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:28 PM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flypopa View Post
The prop is balanced OK. It is general vibration from the airframe.

There are loads on Ebay. Just type in. 'Spycam Keyring'. A word of warning. Don't get the one with built in memory. They are the early ones # 1 and 2.
You want one that takes a micro SD card. #3.
See this thread.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...3#post13946613
Will these cameras take a micro SDHC card? Or does it have to be microSD? I find all the similar but slightly different memory card formats confusing!
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:51 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner4life View Post
Thanks for the tip. I have only flown my EZ for about 30 minutes total, all flights were successful except on the last one (i am flying in a corn field that has been harvested, leaving some stalks) i was coming in and i clipped a stalk and tore off my tail but ill glue that back on. What are some things i can do to slow it down for landing? Should i just power off and glide for a little bit before landing? and i know alot of questions just two more About how long should a 2100 mah 2s last with the stock motor mostly full throttle? and i am planning on my third plane being a stryker, the foam flying wing, so what would be a good second plane? i would like a BNF as i already have a DX6i. Thanks to whoever deals with these.
Power off, glide into the wind, slight up elevator (don't stall) and slide in. Or learn to catch it. Its just a matter of doing it over and over till you get it right.

For a second plane you could get another EZ and go 3 cell with a 2200kv inrunner. It will feel like a totally different plane.

I have a Stryker. Great flier. Does fast very well but also flies slow and stable. You can buy the airframe and build it light and slow to start then upgrade the motor when your ready. Not as simple to fly as the EZ but not as hard as you may think.

I'm waiting for this to hit the streets in the states. Knowing Multiplex its going to be a great flier.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...odID=MPU214239

Q
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Dec 31, 2009, 02:57 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stantheman View Post
My completely stock RTF EasyStar is almost 5 years old with well over 400 flights on it and I have never had the wings off since the very first flight. It fits in the back of my car and "rests" at home on a Robart foam stand on top of my computer cabinet. I fly with 7 cell Elite 1500 NiMh battery packs and can easily stay aloft for twenty minutes or more and much longer if there is thermal activity. I change the AA batteries in the stock Hitec Focus SS AM transmitter once every spring whether they need it or not!
WHAT A GREAT AIRCRAFT!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I feel so loved since almost everyone around the world celebrates my January 1st birthday! How did they all know?!?!
Happy birthday, Stan. Only 400 flights? You've been slacking.

Q
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:06 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
For your pleasure and enjoyment. Here is one of the videos that I took with one of those spy Keyfob cameras.
Not bad quality for an 8.28 ($13.29) camera.
KEVIN. Notice the approach and landing. This is how I would get into a 'small space with a dive and then 'S' turns. Flaps! Who need them?
http://exposureroom.com/169580a65cd0...f271ca77e739d/
P.S. Happy new year to all my readers.
When does the 2010 thread start. GMT or your time across the pond?
Ya know if you mount that cam in some sponge rubber it'll get rid of most that wavy stuff, ya Tart. CMOS cameras don't like much vibration/ Where's Jeff at? He knows this.
Gad, I thought I was going through the DTs.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:50 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,179 Posts
Quote:
...KEVIN. Notice the approach and landing. This is how I would get into a 'small space with a dive and then 'S' turns. Flaps! Who need them?
http://exposureroom.com/169580a65cd0...f271ca77e739d/
P.S. Happy new year to all my readers.
When does the 2010 thread start. GMT or your time across the pond?
Flypopa, Thanks! I always enjoy your "small field" landing videos.

The first post of the 2010 EasyStar thread has actually just been posted a small while ago, but I don't consider it official until Sarge says it's official... I PMed Sarge with the link just a few minutes ago... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167272

Thanks,
Kevin

PS - I think I'm on "North Pole" time... Zulu +42?
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines
Last edited by kevinhines; Dec 31, 2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 03:54 PM
Robot, RC Pilot & Builder :-)
Roanoke, VA, USA
Joined Jul 2006
4,179 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
...Gad, I thought I was going through the DTs.
LOL!!! Good one.

EasyStar-withdrawl DTs?
kevinhines is offline Find More Posts by kevinhines
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:16 PM
United States, MD, Ellicott City
Joined Mar 2008
1,198 Posts
Thanks for the advice on landing. Clearly i am still learning as i just came in too fast and broke most of the tail assembly. Glued it back and it should be fine though. I think i will go with something other than an EZ* just so i can get experience with more than one plane. ANd i have no clue on my Amp draw, i was hoping someone knew what it was with the stock motor.
beginner4life is offline Find More Posts by beginner4life
Old Dec 31, 2009, 04:59 PM
"SARGE"
Fairfax Station, (Northern) Virginia
Joined Jun 2003
3,150 Posts
Kevin, it's official. Moderator, please close this thread by 4:00 pm on 1/1/2010. The new thread is located here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167272

Thanks!

Sarge.

PS. Happy New Year everyone!
sargentw is offline Find More Posts by sargentw
Old Dec 31, 2009, 05:34 PM
Why so serious?
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentw View Post
Kevin, it's official. Moderator, please close this thread by 4:00 pm on 1/1/2010. The new thread is located here. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1167272

Thanks!

Sarge.

PS. Happy New Year everyone!
Thank you Sarge.

Guys, don't post here now.... hit the link above and keep it going!
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:17 PM
Joined Nov 2004
78 Posts
Wing Spar Question

Richochet, Thanks you for the response. Have a Great 2010! Eagle Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle_Wings
Folks,

We ordered a 40" 8mm carbon wing spar and cut it down to 38" per info. on this forum.
Tested on an old spare wing. Sharpened edge of new hollow spar tube and drilled it in and it came out of wing due to wing curvature. After about 13 inches it came out of the bottom of the wing.
QUESTION: Is there a trick to keeping the spar inside the wing for the full 19" (example - a trick like holding the wing flat on a table)?
Thank You!
Eagle Wings

You need to tape the wing flat on a table before drill out the new spar hole. After boring the new hole I also put a strip of clear packing tape on the under side of the wing from the spar cap to the end of the wing tip for some extra support.
Eagle_Wings is offline Find More Posts by Eagle_Wings
Old Dec 31, 2009, 11:18 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
New Thread Boss

Happy New Year to all and to all - A GOOD NIGHT.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jan 01, 2010, 02:06 AM
Asks too many questions
Berkshire, UK
Joined Nov 2005
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beginner4life View Post
Thanks for the advice on landing. Clearly i am still learning as i just came in too fast and broke most of the tail assembly. Glued it back and it should be fine though. I think i will go with something other than an EZ* just so i can get experience with more than one plane. ANd i have no clue on my Amp draw, i was hoping someone knew what it was with the stock motor.
Practice your landings way up high - pretend the ground is 100 feet higher than usual. Make your final turn so there's a good long straight run to the field ahead of you, reduce power to nothing, slowly introduce a little elevator which reduces the angle of descent and airspeed, and then just as you're a few feet above ground pull back a little more elevator to level out and lightly skim the ground at touchdown.

Get a feel for it high up, then try lower - you can always get back on the power and go around again if you're running out of space to land in.
natterjak is offline Find More Posts by natterjak
Closed Thread