HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:46 PM
NM83
Joined Jul 2006
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead
We are here from london to show you highly gaurded ez star building secrets, please do not disclose these to anyone or it will be off with your nutz
Oops. I am... crushed.
NoNugget is offline Find More Posts by NoNugget
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:51 PM
FLY ANGRY
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Jul 2008
4,960 Posts
Looks good Antennahead
Brilliant idea with the parallel 900s. You can get away with cutting quite a bit of foam out of the area that you are leary of. I hollowed my last EZ out all the way up to the bottom of the back side of servo cavity just for positive airflow to my esc that I had in the compartment where you have your 900 batts. Kept it nice and cool but youre idea looks better there. Ive never had to change my cg that much since Ive never run the video system. Soon though, soon.
FIXXIN2FLY is offline Find More Posts by FIXXIN2FLY
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The family continues to grow
Old Dec 31, 2008, 10:57 PM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Yea I kinda know the area, I usually try to get out to Rockford speedway a few times a year, love the trailer races, school bus races and about the best 4th of july display I have ever seen. we should get together sometime and fly
Youre right on the money with the speedway. Was at the Menards across the street from the speedway today. Trailer races are mandatory to attend Every year sometimes twice for me. Sounds good on the flying, just have to set something up sometime. Check my schedule here, Hmmmm, oh thats right Im laid off for the winter, guess Im pretty flexible.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:35 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,271 Posts
microdan motor

I installed an Arc 28-37-3 brushless inrunner in my last ez, I was very happy with the performance and efficiancy of this motor, however I wanted this build to be as light as posible and inrunners are not light. I was planning to build my second ez when a series of events accelerated my plans, 1st, microdan posts pics of a 38g 2535 kv outrunner and a new mount made specificly for the ez, 2nd event.....2 weeks later, my first ez flew away.
Anyway, I purchased said Microdan custom 2535 motor ez mount and also microdans gbx mount. with this system, I can swap motors out at ease and also change positions to gain more prop clearance or run a lower kv motor with a slightly larger prop. If joe had one of these he wouldn't have to keep cutting his props down

The build quality of the Microdan motor and components are fantastic, great service. and excellent prices, I highly recomend them. After looking through his site and some of the tutorials, I might even try winding a few of my own motors

www.gobrushless.com

Like I said, extremely light with multiple mount options make this setup unbeatable.
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Dec 31, 2008, 11:59 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIXXIN2FLY
Youre right on the money with the speedway. Was at the Menards across the street from the speedway today. Trailer races are mandatory to attend Every year sometimes twice for me. Sounds good on the flying, just have to set something up sometime. Check my schedule here, Hmmmm, oh thats right Im laid off for the winter, guess Im pretty flexible.
Know of any flying fields that are about half way? I'm checking ama's list right now.
Old Jan 01, 2009, 12:01 AM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
4,960 Posts
Happy 2009 New Year!!!!!!!!!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2009, 12:03 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantasstic
Nah...he's barely started into multiplexitis. I, on the other hand, am well beyond saving.
In the hangar (all Multiplex)
Easy Star
Twin Star
Micro Jet
Fun Jet
Twin Jet
Acro Master
Easy Glider
Cularis
Space Scooter

Had, but sold:
Gemini
Twister

Waiting to buy:
Blizzard

I know I've missed a few MPX planes, but, HEY!!! Nobody's perfect!

Oh, I forgot to add...all my planes are controlled by a Multiplex Evo9

Van's got it so bad he may have to be quarentined.
Old Jan 01, 2009, 12:04 AM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Know of any flying fields that are about half way? I'm checking ama's list right now.
Not right off hand. Can research a bit
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2009, 12:06 AM
FLY ANGRY
Joined Jul 2008
4,960 Posts
Quote:
Van's got it so bad he may have to be quarentined.
If the plexaholic meetings dont show any signs of hope we may have to. I had a friend who got so bad he had to have his transmitter amputated
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2009, 01:24 AM
Lost it again!!!!!
United States, CA, Menifee
Joined Aug 2007
1,105 Posts
anntenahead..

I like the idea of having your batteries in the back, but I think it might be a pain to get in and out.
dirtman is offline Find More Posts by dirtman
Old Jan 01, 2009, 01:47 AM
Lost it again!!!!!
Joined Aug 2007
1,105 Posts
I would like to see a watt meter on that motor... saw the specs 7x5 @ 40a and 36oz of thrust I think I need an upgrade all ready

With that motor mount you can fit a 7x5?

I think you might need more carbon in the wings and some RT and FG for those 120mph fly-bys Hope you have a ....high speed camera
Old Jan 01, 2009, 01:50 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,271 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman
anntenahead..

I like the idea of having your batteries in the back, but I think it might be a pain to get in and out.

I agree, getting them in shouldn't be a problem, getting them out however may be difficult. I was thinking about gluing on a small piece of twine or something to the batteries that would be left in the radio compartment to pull the batteries out. All theory at this point, I will find out soon what I overlooked. or I could make a hook out of a coat hanger.....always a good thing to poke at lipo's with a sharp object
Old Jan 01, 2009, 01:54 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,271 Posts
Quote:
I would like to see a watt meter on that motor... saw the specs 7x5 @ 40a and 36oz of thrust I think I need an upgrade all ready

I think you might need more carbon in the wings and some RT and FG for those 120mph fly-bys Hope you have a ....high speed camera

I wish I had a 7x5 on hand to check, but it looks like it would fit if mounted in the top hole.

More carbon ........I just ran out today, thats why the elevator control surface doesn't have any in it at this point.
Old Jan 01, 2009, 02:02 AM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,271 Posts
Quote:

Heres the spec sheet with diferent props on 2, 3, and 4 cell lipo's for the Microdan motor that I bought....looks like a sedate motor to me, I wasn't planning on running it on 4 cells
http://www.gobrushless.com/shop/inde...=MD2505-C-2535
Old Jan 01, 2009, 02:14 AM
Lost it again!!!!!
Joined Aug 2007
1,105 Posts
Looking at the test data you have to run a 7" prop to notice a big difference about 150w over the arc (and about 45g lighter). I think the 6x4 would keep them about equal around 25a
Closed Thread