Fairfax Station, (Northern) Virginia
Joined Jun 2003
3,150 Posts
Discussion
Multiplex EasyStar 2009 - A discussion of anything Easy Star and sometimes more

Welcome to the 2009 Multiplex EasyStar 2009 Thread

Part 2 of the 2008 Multiplex EasyStar can be found here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873081

Big thanks go to Mark Jayne and Joe Knight. Mark not only kicked off the 2008 EasyStar thread, he provided numerous posts detailing advanced EZ* modifications and beautiful professional photography links. Joe has been seemingly tireless during 2008 providing hundreds of EZ* posts answering just about every new flyer’s EZ* setup questions.

In this EZ thread we try and keep our posted messages light, informative, and positive. As such we celebrate special events like “Talk like a Pirate Day”, “Limerick Day” and other landmark “tell a joke” holidays.

To me the EZ* is one of the best all round flying and the safest plane in my hangar. The EZ*’s soft foam body, rear facing prop, light weight, break-away wings, and relatively slow flying speed gives me a level of comfort to fly in parks, the ocean front, and electric RC fly-ins.

Based on experience it’s my opinion that new flyers/builders should start with the “stock” Ready to Fly (RTF) EZ*. Simple, slower, and safer are the better way to go when starting the hobby with an EZ*.

Whenever I post in the EZ* thread I try and keep new flyers and youngsters in mind. Even though we talk about advanced modifications and flying in the thread all new flyers should feel comfortable posting any questions. I also encourage folks to not forget to use Private Messages (PM) and/or email. I always look forward to receiving PM’s and email with EZ* configuration and flying questions.

For 2009 I’d like to set the following goals for EZ* flyers. The first goal is to attend at least (2) electric fly-ins over the summer. The Electric fly-ins are where you can join fellow flyers for a relaxing day of sport flying, talking to your old and new flying buddies, checking out the vendors, and eating platters of hamburgers and hotdogs. Considering the aforementioned flying and safety attributes, the EZ* makes great plane to take to Electric fly-ins. I’ve posted a couple aerial photos below taken (by an EZ*) at electric fly-ins last summer.

The second goal is work with your local Parks and Recreation Departments to open or keep a field open for electric Park Flying. This is especially important is suburban areas. Part of the battle to open a park field for flying is the knowledge on how to implement a plan that works for all involved. Here is an example where RC flying was banned from all the Roanoke Virginia County Parks and then reinstated after months of hard work on behalf of park officials and local flyers.

Roanoke County, Virginia, Parks & Recreation Park Flyer Program

Have a Happy New Year and a great 2009 flying season!

Sarge

Useful Links

Mark Jayne's website with plenty of Easystar mods and videos

Searchable PDF file with all 22 threads up to June 2006

Sarge's EasyStar build and modification thread

Brandie's Elapor soup method of repairing the EasyStar's elapor foam

Patrick Plawner's EasyStar Review
sargentw is offline Find More Posts by sargentw
Last edited by sargentw; Dec 31, 2008 at 04:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:14 PM
Climb,turn,roll,loop,soar
Springfield,Ma. USA
Joined Jun 2006
3,608 Posts
All right "SargeW" good going awesome opening to the 2009 EZ* thread,thnx

_________________________ And.____________________

Happy new year everyone!!!
And many happy landings
Joe
Joeknight is offline Find More Posts by Joeknight
Last edited by Joeknight; Dec 31, 2008 at 01:23 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:20 PM
USA, IL, Lake Forest
Joined May 2007
1,298 Posts
Happy new year to all of the easy fans world wide
antennahead is offline Find More Posts by antennahead
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:31 PM
V=IR
Virginia Beach, VA
Joined May 2005
790 Posts
Great thread starter Bro! Happy 2009 to everyone!

Matt (Tad's brother)
mcsarge is offline Find More Posts by mcsarge
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:40 PM
Part-Time Super Hero
Aberystwyth, UK
Joined Sep 2004
3,289 Posts
Well done Sarge, great job. As soon as I can figure out how to close the 2008 thread I'll do it ASAP.

Have a good one guy's.

Mark
MarkJayne is offline Find More Posts by MarkJayne
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:46 PM
Tree Flyer
Albany NY
Joined Feb 2005
476 Posts
Glad to be aboard for the new year. This flying thing is way to addicting. I know I have said it many times in the past but if it wasnt for this group I would never be doing this. No way. So for those that have taken the time to deal with yet another newbies like myself I thank you.
WTurbiasz is offline Find More Posts by WTurbiasz
Last edited by WTurbiasz; Dec 31, 2008 at 01:52 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:51 PM
More Pixels!
Collegedale TN
Joined Jan 2006
1,412 Posts
Happy new year to all!
jbeckett is offline Find More Posts by jbeckett
Old Dec 31, 2008, 01:54 PM
Tree Flyer
Albany NY
Joined Feb 2005
476 Posts
...LOL thats what I always do but Im always wrong

Quote:
Lets all blame the plane now..
WTurbiasz is offline Find More Posts by WTurbiasz
Old Dec 31, 2008, 02:11 PM
Clyde, Ca. USA
Clyde, Ca. USA
Joined May 2007
2,382 Posts
Happy to all.
We are here Sarg ready and willing if not able...........
john339 is offline Find More Posts by john339
Old Dec 31, 2008, 02:39 PM
Nova Scotia, Canada
Joined Jun 2006
236 Posts
"HAPPY 2009" to Easy pilots worldwide. I built my first one back in 06 and it has over 100 documented sorties thus far; still going strong on the "original" Permax. It drops streamers, handles my little parachute guy hung underneath, and thermals well. Its always my first choice for relaxing, no hassel flying. I'm currently building my second one including many of the mods found on the thread - Easy #2 will be known as "MEGASTAR" powered by the famous 16/15/4 brushless, well tested by others on the site.
Special Thanks to MJ, John Beckett, and "Joe" for all the great videos in 2008
"Keep up the Good Work". As do alot of people out there; a day is not complete without checking the entries on the EasyStar Thread.
"Timbits" in Nova Scotia
"TIMBITS" is offline Find More Posts by "TIMBITS"
Old Dec 31, 2008, 02:49 PM
Look Up
United States, TN, Jamestown
Joined Nov 2003
1,180 Posts
Happy new year to all of you here, and many many hours of happy easystar flying in 2009.
CiprianGugu is online now Find More Posts by CiprianGugu
Old Dec 31, 2008, 02:58 PM
Given up counting
Bicester, UK
Joined Sep 2005
2,372 Posts
Happy New EasyStar Year guys.
alexeames is offline Find More Posts by alexeames
Last edited by alexeames; Dec 31, 2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2008, 03:01 PM
Long time newbie
USA, TX, Katy
Joined Nov 2006
976 Posts
Happy New Year and welcome to all the new EasyStar pilots who will come aboard this year.

Mike K
heymak is offline Find More Posts by heymak
Old Dec 31, 2008, 03:17 PM
Me a long time ago
London N.E. UK
Joined Jan 2007
6,095 Posts
I would like to wish all my 'mates' on this super EZ*thread. A HAPPY NEW YEAR. Also may the weather be in your favor whenever you want it to be.
Keep the speed up.
Flypoppa is online now Find More Posts by Flypoppa
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2008, 03:21 PM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Great job Sarge.
Got the Margarita mix and 30 pack all ready. Lets party like its 1999 errr....ok 2009.

Happy and safe one everybody.

Gene
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Closed Thread