Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 29, 2008, 05:23 AM
Mc-Fly
Melbourne-Australia
Joined Mar 2008
1,109 Posts
Help!
Plantraco 4ch RX with TGY DP 3A 1S 1g ESC

Well i got my 2g Bl motors and my 1g Brushless Speed Controllers in from HobbyCity but for the life of me i can't seem to get the dam thing to pair with the Plantraco 4ch servo RX.

Could some kind sole with a Plantraco 4ch Servo RX and a TGY 1g ESC please conduct a test to see if they will sync up together?

Regards

Veteran
Veteran is offline Find More Posts by Veteran
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2008, 06:13 AM
Senior to who? Member
Annapolis, Maryland USA
Joined Feb 2001
2,450 Posts
have you made sure the plug is on the ESC is wired the same way Plantraco is? In the world of JST connectors there is not a lot of standardization. Westek servos for example are wired wrong for Plantraco.
crossup is offline Find More Posts by crossup
Old Dec 29, 2008, 07:21 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,426 Posts
Quote:
Westek servos for example are wired wrong for Plantraco.
Are you sure?

As far as I know (and I have lots of WES, Falcon, and BA servos) the WES servos have the same JST wire order as Falcons and the Blue Arrow servos (later ones, not the very early BA's). I don't think there is any wire order problem between the WES servos and Plantraco servo RX.

I think the reason we refer to it as the WES Technik standard is because Falcons, BA's and others follow that standard. The Plantraco RX follows that standard. I think the exceptions to the WES standard are the very early BA servos and RX's, Dynamics Unlimited, and the Micro Joule (also sold under the RC Mart NUKE name) equipment.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Last edited by Gordon Johnson; Dec 29, 2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old Dec 29, 2008, 08:12 AM
Joined Jul 2005
507 Posts
yes mine do, you need to switch the RX to brushless mode, from memory you need to use the jumper leed supplied on the aileron plug and then move the throttle up and down to switch between modes but do all this with nothing else pluggeg in.

oh and yes the wires are the same order.
busta1 is offline Find More Posts by busta1
Old Dec 29, 2008, 09:50 AM
in persuit of low wing loading
Boston, Mass
Joined May 2001
6,426 Posts
Thanks for confirming it works, but with a couple of extra steps to bypass the built in ESC. I have one of these BL ESC's but am using it with a PZ Vapor receiver, so I soldered up my own wires and did not use the included wiring harness with the JST plug.

Gordon
Gordon Johnson is offline Find More Posts by Gordon Johnson
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:14 AM
Joined Jul 2005
507 Posts
I just re-synchronised mine and the jumper has to connect between the positive and the signal on the rudder connection , you then adjust the throttle to get brushless mode a full up and down deflection of the throttle stick will give a fast led display that is brushless mode or slow led for brushed.

I don't use the included JST plugs as I solder direct to the RX to save weight and use a scrap of wire as a jumper leed but I think Veteran was referring to the actual programmed connection between Rx and ESc rather than the leeds that connect the two.
busta1 is offline Find More Posts by busta1
Old Dec 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
Canada, NB, Fredericton
Joined May 2002
920 Posts
The trick that I ran into, is that you have to turn *off* the TX (leaving the Plantraco 4ch servo RX on) in order to get the configuration change to save on the RX, then you can unplug the RX and remove the jumper. If you don't, the RX will stay in brushed motor mode, and the ESC won't init.

D.
darkith is online now Find More Posts by darkith
Old Dec 30, 2008, 02:33 PM
Mc-Fly
Melbourne-Australia
Joined Mar 2008
1,109 Posts
Thanks for your help everyone. I was able to get it going, the problem was that when i changed the RX to brushless mode it wasn't saving the settings until i tried what Darkith recommended above.

Now ive got it going it appears that the RX is cutting in and out. I'm not sure whether it's the 70mah lipo i'm using or whether the ESC is drawing too many amps or whatever...

Vet
Veteran is offline Find More Posts by Veteran
Old May 19, 2009, 11:46 PM
Quadtard
United States, CO, Gilcrest
Joined Feb 2009
803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Johnson
Thanks for confirming it works, but with a couple of extra steps to bypass the built in ESC. I have one of these BL ESC's but am using it with a PZ Vapor receiver, so I soldered up my own wires and did not use the included wiring harness with the JST plug.

Gordon
Hey Gordon, were you able to get it into programming mode with the Vapor brick?
I've tried every combination I can think of, no love.
Breezemont is offline Find More Posts by Breezemont