HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:34 AM
KC8WPF
Euclid, Ohio, United States
Joined Sep 2004
3,743 Posts
The radio is all hooked up. Remember back when I installed the KB doublers the wrong way? I had to make a little piece so the rudder arm woyuld contact the horn switch.
CG Bob is offline Find More Posts by CG Bob
Old Mar 28, 2009, 08:40 AM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,574 Posts
Same set-up as my Lyman. The horn only works at full rudder deflection so you can't toot it while motoring around at speed. Not very useful.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Mar 28, 2009, 01:17 PM
Joined Dec 2004
3,726 Posts
427TEE-I agree that the system for the horn installation is not a blow your horn while under way setup, but it does serve the purpose that it was meant for, which was a way to blow the horn from the simplest two channel radio installation. If you have a three channel or more radio, you can operate the horn at any time while running with the use of another servo. As for blowing the horn, even in my real boat, it is done when leaving the dock, backing down , or coming along side another boat, to let them know I am there, all of which times I am in neutral when I blow my horn. Just some food for thought.
frankg is offline Find More Posts by frankg
Old Mar 28, 2009, 01:35 PM
North Central TN USA
Joined May 2006
3,574 Posts
You're in neutral when approaching another vessel? Interesting technique.
420TEE is offline Find More Posts by 420TEE
Old Mar 30, 2009, 03:06 PM
KC8WPF
Joined Sep 2004
3,743 Posts
Getting closer to finishing the model. I have the cockpit sides and dash board installed, as well as the shelf in the rear cockpit. The engine room hatches have been installed; I need to poloish the aluminum trim and install it. The metal hinge frames for the front windshield have been installed; I have a slight problem with the rear windshield hine brackets - one is a little longer.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:52 AM
Joined Mar 2009
25 Posts
I have read your buildlog religeously, great build, fantastic finish and lots of invaluable tips and lessons to be learnt for Ś novice like me!
I will no doubt check in this log for inspiration and help during my own build.
Thanks!

Keyzer
Keyzersooze is offline Find More Posts by Keyzersooze
Old Apr 02, 2009, 09:56 AM
KC8WPF
Joined Sep 2004
3,743 Posts
I got the engine hatches trimmed out yesterday, The kit provides aluminum strips that needtobe polished and taped tothe engine hatches. The hatch handles are made from aluminum rod, turned aluminum acorns for the end, stainless steel cotter pins, and pop rivets. The pop rivet pulling stem (or nail) is removed, and the actual rivet part is used as the standoff.
Old Apr 02, 2009, 01:42 PM
r/c ships and workboats
bellingham, wa
Joined May 2006
4,584 Posts
I like the pop rivit idea fr the stand offs. Model is looking very good.
keith S is offline Find More Posts by keith S
Old Apr 05, 2009, 06:38 PM
KC8WPF
Joined Sep 2004
3,743 Posts
I took the model to Toledo on Friday. MACK Products had a new pair of rear windshield hinge frames waiting for me. We compared notes about the model; I'd buy and build another one. I finally got the rear windshield installed Friday night; and some of the final little trim details completed Saturday night. Now I have to wait for the weather to break so I can go to the lake and test this little gem.
Old Apr 05, 2009, 07:00 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,119 Posts
Looks great!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Apr 05, 2009, 07:19 PM
Southern Calif
Joined Dec 2005
1,804 Posts