SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 25, 2008, 12:37 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,122 Posts
Discussion
Santa brought me a Futaba 3VCS 2.4GHz...now what?!

hi there,

i got for Christmas the Futaba 3vcs which uses the same 2.4GHz as the 3PK. the main question now is: what now?! what is the best way upgrade my other cars?
i have 3 cars. nitro muggy, RC10B4 and E-maxx. i would like to install the 2.4GHZ in the nitro car. what should i do about the other cars? get 2 more receivers or get a FM module? the thing that worries me the most is that i read somewhere that the futaba fasst will only work with futaba servos or at least only with digital servos...
what do you guy think is the best way to upgrade?

thanks and merry Christmas
G
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 25, 2008, 02:27 PM
F3A Team Finland
Järvenpää, Finland
Joined Nov 2005
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa
hi there,
i read somewhere that the futaba fasst will only work with futaba servos or at least only with digital servos...

G
Don't worry, that's not true. The FASST systems will work with practically any servos.

My recommendation would be:
- for expensive models/cars use FASST receivers
- for the cheap stuff, use a FM module and FM receivers if you have many of those
Finnspeed is offline Find More Posts by Finnspeed
Old Dec 25, 2008, 06:54 PM
Joined Oct 2004
1,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnspeed
Don't worry, that's not true. The FASST systems will work with practically any servos.

My recommendation would be:
- for expensive models/cars use FASST receivers
- for the cheap stuff, use a FM module and FM receivers if you have many of those
thanks, that's good new...i was thinking about the same thing...getting an FM module and keep everything the way it is and use the receiver that came with it, in my nitro muggy...
thanks
G
neavissa is online now Find More Posts by neavissa
Old Dec 26, 2008, 12:42 AM
Sink Stinks
Orange County, CA
Joined Aug 2004
4,319 Posts
Futaba FASST radios have two transmission modes, PPM and HRS.

In PPM mode you can use analog and digital servos, mix and match to your heart's desire.

In HRS mode you MUST use digital servos or you will get funny movement of the servo and will burn it up.

Brand of servo is not important. Type of servo is.

You do have to use the Futaba receivers. No other brand of receiver will work with that transmitter. The 603FS and 603FF are the two receivers for your radio.

The FF has a single external antennas. The FS has an external antenna and a second, internal antenna mounted on the PC board. Some say they notice a difference in range, etc. I have not made the same observation.
Silent-AV8R is online now Find More Posts by Silent-AV8R