HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2008, 02:59 PM
The Truth is Not Forgotten
Hotchkiss Co.
Joined Feb 2008
297 Posts
Discussion
Wow Awesom Hinge System !!!!!

I have been thinking about how to make a rotory hinge that is direct drive and I think this is it ;use a mini 1/36 scale out drive shaft from Losi and attach the cup that recives the dog bone to the hinge tube you can lengthen the dog bone and it can then be attached to the servo as direct drive! If anyone wants to know whats going on inside my head give me a call 970 640 4759 Pete
peteapilot is offline Find More Posts by peteapilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2008, 04:37 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteapilot
I have been thinking about how to make a rotory hinge that is direct drive and I think this is it ;use a mini 1/36 scale out drive shaft from Losi and attach the cup that recives the dog bone to the hinge tube you can lengthen the dog bone and it can then be attached to the servo as direct drive! If anyone wants to know whats going on inside my head give me a call 970 640 4759 Pete
Hey Pete,

Sounds good in the right application. We have some scale sailplanes with rudder set up that way, particularly a large Fox. Rudder on the bottom in the tail cone. Works perfectly, easy to service and absolutely no slop at all. Weight back there doesn't matter within reason.
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 24, 2008, 05:43 PM
Hotchkiss Co.
Joined Feb 2008
297 Posts
hinge

Sean thoes micro truck parts should fit into a 1/4in application Ill have to look at my kids micro mini losi, dang I'm stoked !
Old Dec 24, 2008, 06:20 PM
ein flugel schplinterizer
USA, FL, Pensacola
Joined Sep 2004
5,035 Posts
You sir are gonna get in trouble stripping parts of the kids toys!
seanpcola is online now Find More Posts by seanpcola
Old Dec 24, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hotchkiss Co.
Joined Feb 2008
297 Posts
Instead of 4wheel drive it will be 2 and you can upgrade to 4 ,that should keep the peace