HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2001, 05:32 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Bad Experience with Multiplex

Well, I was not going to say anything but I never got a call back from Multiplex. Here is how it went. Bought a New Twin Jet from NSP when they where haveing a sale on them. I got the box in two days and when I opened it I was suprised to find that it had been shipped with two port side vertical stabilizers. Since Multiplex is the importer I thought it was a better idea to call Multiplex then NSP( who by the way gets top marks in my book for customer service) to get this sorted. I talked to a gentleman, who's name I did not take down but it was not Carlton. I told him what the deal was and his response was "your screwed" which totally took me back, I kind of laughed and said "ok really, what can we do to get my proublem sorted?" when he replyed that they could do nothing for me. At that point I hung up the phone with Multiplex and I was dumbfounded. I have been in customer service/sales for the entire 14 years of my profesional life and I might say that to a good customer that I deal with on a regular basis in a kidding kind of way but never to a customer that I have never delt with before because you never know how they will take that sort of thing. The next day I talked to Caroline @ NSP and I told her what had happened and she sounded quite suprised. She called me back to tell me that she had found another Stab. and it was in the mail. She also mentioned that I would be getting a call from Carlton at Multiplex to talk to me, but that was 2+ weeks ago and no call. I just feel that this story had to be told. If a salesman that worked for me did that to a customer you better believe that if I had heard about it, the customer would be getting a call from me to apologize. I just think that Multiplex did a very poor job in this situation. Sorry to vent but I had to get that off my chest.

Cheers,
Jim Hahn
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2001, 06:04 PM
ludicrous Speed!
Renton, WA
Joined Jun 2001
148 Posts
Jim,

I too got one of those two left stabs. It took me a while to notice since I did not inventory it right away. Once I noticed it, I emailed Karlton right away. He is shipping me one out as soon as he gets one. It seems that this is a common problem recently. I am surprised you have had so much trouble with MPX. I have found their quality control a little lacking, but the customer service is quite superb. Have you emailed Karlton directly? He has always responded quickly to my emails.

Regards

--pat
DarkHelmet is offline Find More Posts by DarkHelmet
Old Jun 19, 2001, 06:38 PM
San Fernando, California
Joined Mar 2001
8 Posts
We received the stabs TODAY!

If you have a problem with the double sided and we do not get back to you PLEASE CALL 800 375-1312 WE WILL MAKE GOOD ON THE STABS!!!!!!!

It took this long to get them! We truly are sorry MPX Germany goofed.
Karlton Spindle is offline Find More Posts by Karlton Spindle
Old Jun 19, 2001, 07:19 PM
San Fernando, California
Joined Mar 2001
8 Posts
Jim I need your Phone number or email address please.

BTW Jesus has been termanated.
Karlton Spindle is offline Find More Posts by Karlton Spindle
Old Jun 19, 2001, 07:40 PM
LJH
Moths do not fly inverted
Greenwich CT.
Joined Sep 2000
4,191 Posts
Karlton,
I sent you an E-mail. Good to know that people in the industry read the E-zone. You guys have alway been a pleasure to deal with before this past incident. I am all set with the Stabs. Hope to fly the TJ later on this week, almost done with the paint. Thanks for getting back to me.

Cheers,
Jim Hahn
LJH is offline Find More Posts by LJH
Old Jun 19, 2001, 09:53 PM
Dallas, Texas, USA
Joined Feb 2000
363 Posts
Ahhh, mutual resolution of problems and miscommunications - that's what this forum is all about...
Cash Traylor is offline Find More Posts by Cash Traylor
Old Jun 20, 2001, 04:40 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
25,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Karlton Spindle:
BTW Jesus has been terminated.
Well, THERE'S Old News.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jun 21, 2001, 12:42 AM
Lincoln Municipal, Nebraska, United States
Joined Mar 2000
296 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Cash Traylor:
Ahhh, mutual resolution of problems and miscommunications - that's what this forum is all about...
Cash...the reason that this forum worked this time is simply because Karlton really cares about his reputation and he truly wants Multiplex to continue to grow! I am a SMALL multiplex dealer and have had only the absolute best service from Karlton and his crew (Karlton, do not ever lose Christy(sp) you just don't find employees like that everyday!). I normaly don't post much in this forum but I thought people should know that Karlton does what he says and really supports this hobby in many ways.
Thanks
Steve Dworsky
(my real name by the way!)

avdflyer is offline Find More Posts by avdflyer
Old Jun 21, 2001, 07:05 PM
Joined May 2000
754 Posts

Thank you Karlton.
My Pilatus just arrived, much sooner than I expected.
Multiplex..been buying stuff from them for years...will again.
Karlton ALWAYS comes through.

Eric
partoftheproblm is offline Find More Posts by partoftheproblm