HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:19 AM
Joined Dec 2011
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
The video does not document the stock motor either or the LiPo that was used. Even with all that, it certainly was limited vertical. I very much doubt it uses a stock motor.
AJ
It's the stock motor and a cheap 20c battery.
The title of the video is "How to improve your AXN Floater RC Plane for $1"
js32257 is offline Find More Posts by js32257
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 26, 2012, 09:47 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,286 Posts
Pictures of my 3rd AXN. The sleek trim down version.

Flying with either of these 2 motors and 4s 2200 battery pack.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00KV_595W.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00KV_696W.html
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:39 AM
Crash Expert
United States, MN, Circle Pines
Joined Oct 2012
117 Posts
AXN new guy

Can't remember if I posted this or not, This was my first video with the gopro attached. I've got one of the motors Hendrnk has listed there, I think it's the 595W one if I remember correctly. My stock motor lost magnets after 1 flight! Here's a quick vid, I'm new to RC stuff and this plane is great!

AXN Goproflighttest1 (3 min 13 sec)
Motorbikebruno is offline Find More Posts by Motorbikebruno
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:39 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
My modified AXN with landing gear dies a horrible death at his maiden

AXN Clouds Fly with D2836-6 and landing gear crashes at maiden (1 min 12 sec)
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:04 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc-PMEMfnQ0
I would put the wheels a little further forward, they seem to be a little close to the COG. I was thinking of doing something similar with snow skis for winter.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:34 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
That is really sad. I am sorry for you. I hope you will get that one fixed. Suggestion- Make sure the CG is correct (~50mm from LE). And, it looked like you had way, way too much throw on the ailerons. For the maiden, swap the aileron and rudder controls (at the receiver) and tame that beast for the next maiden. I am certain you have the skills. The video was a BIG help in assisting you. The next maiden will be a cinch.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
That is really sad. I am sorry for you. I hope you will get that one fixed. Suggestion- Make sure the CG is correct (~50mm from LE). And, it looked like you had way, way too much throw on the ailerons. For the maiden, swap the aileron and rudder controls (at the receiver) and tame that beast for the next maiden. I am certain you have the skills. The video was a BIG help in assisting you. The next maiden will be a cinch.
AJ
Yea, I have another AXN that I flew w/o problems till I broke a nose In time I got bored with the stock motor.
But this time it was a first time with that stronger motor + landing gear. As you already said the ailerons had too much play. Also taking off of grass was not such a good idea =) I will buy an aluminium rectangle 150mm long tomorrow and reinforce the whole bottom part of the both planes. As I said I have two AXNs with both broken heads.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:07 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,857 Posts
Quote:
Yea, I have another AXN that I flew w/o problems till I broke a nose In time I got bored with the stock motor.
But this time it was a first time with that stronger motor + landing gear. As you already said the ailerons had too much play. Also taking off of grass was not such a good idea =) I will buy an aluminium rectangle 150mm long tomorrow and reinforce the whole bottom part of the both planes. As I said I have two AXNs with both broken heads.
Actually Robo, you don't need aluminium : some pu glue (gorilla is good) a bit of tape to stop it squeezing every where and a bit of time would see that back together good as new. Re do CoG and rates on the ails and you will be up and away again.
mutha is online now Find More Posts by mutha
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:12 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
Actually Robo, you don't need aluminium : some pu glue (gorilla is good) a bit of tape to stop it squeezing every where and a bit of time would see that back together good as new. Re do CoG and rates on the ails and you will be up and away again.
I actually bought the gorilla glue, but its said to make both parts wet - ok no probs. But then its said to hold tight both parts until the glue is dry. I cant image of how should I hold the nose with the fuselage tight for one hour or so. Should I clamp both parts really strong together for the gorilla glue be able to bond? Its just not all parts can be clamped together
Old Dec 26, 2012, 03:20 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,286 Posts
Quote:
I actually bought the gorilla glue, but its said to make both parts wet - ok no probs. But then its said to hold tight both parts until the glue is dry. I cant image of how should I hold the nose with the fuselage tight for one hour or so. Should I clamp both parts really strong together for the gorilla glue be able to bond? Its just not all parts can be clamped together
Just use paper tape / masking tape to hold things together while it sets. It also stops the glue from expanding out everywhere.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 04:55 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
One of theese days i have to fuind out whats the equivalent to gorilla glue in spain....
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:08 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
One of theese days i have to fuind out whats the equivalent to gorilla glue in spain....
I am from Germany I got the gorilla glue from amazon.de. Check how much the shipping will be to spain. Since you are inside the EU it should not be more than 10 EUR
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:08 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,286 Posts
Quote:
We could always send you a "care" package to spain...couple bottles of your favorite glue.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:33 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,283 Posts
thanks.. yes probably can be ordered from ebay or amazon.. but more than that.. like most glues i think it must be a type of glue that is avalaible under other brands (like CA , rubber cement, epoxy, etc) and probably easy to find once its identified...

for example araldite is expoxy (sold here under the brand araldit , its regular epoxy) , white wood glue, imedio glue is Nitrocellulose, supergen glue is rubber cement, loctite glue is CA
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Dec 26, 2012, 06:38 PM
Joined Dec 2011
174 Posts
Quote:
Elmer's Glue All max is similar.
I'm not sure if you can get that where you are.
js32257 is offline Find More Posts by js32257