HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 18, 2012, 03:48 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Nov 2004
593 Posts
they don;t work because if you don;t embed them, RCG automatically adds the /URL tags, then the ... to the middle and breaks them. retardish coding.
just change the last 5 digits from any product on HK to those above

w ww.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=23966

w ww.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=19593

i'd do it here but..fish for a day
RedLine19k is offline Find More Posts by RedLine19k
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2012, 05:54 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine19k View Post
they don;t work because if you don;t embed them, RCG automatically adds the /URL tags, then the ... to the middle and breaks them. retardish coding.

w ww.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=23966

w ww.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=19593

i'd do it here but..fish for a day
I have an intimate understanding of how embedding works. However, it is easier to teach the author to fish (fix it to the correct syntax) than to teach hundreds (if not more) to perform a workaround that is far too complex for the beginners. I would wager that at least 60+% of all users (beginners thru advanced) do not have the slightest idea how to manipulate embedded code or what you are talking about. And, it should not be necessary for anyone to learn. Fixing the source makes a great deal more sense.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Dec 18, 2012, 06:38 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Nov 2004
593 Posts
yep.
RedLine19k is offline Find More Posts by RedLine19k
Last edited by RedLine19k; Dec 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 09:15 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLine19k View Post
Ok so here ya go for those that just wanna click, ain't no big deal.

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=23966

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=19593
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:19 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
Well done.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
Joined Sep 2012
162 Posts
In the end, I ordered some of these instead;

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...eller_6x4.html

A mate of mine put them on to me as he's used them and said they're brilliant.

They are currently in stock (as I write) in the International warehouse.
Beanz is offline Find More Posts by Beanz
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:53 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,340 Posts
They are good, but I suggest you check for balance.

My old faithfull 6x6 three blade is a Master Airscrew 8x6 cut back and carefully balanced
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 19, 2012, 03:54 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
I got a 30 amp esc from the LHS today since hobbyking takes forever. The problem is that I just saw that it has a 2amp BEC and not a 3amp. Is that enough for the cloudsfly?
gooby is offline Find More Posts by gooby
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:09 PM
Joined Sep 2012
162 Posts
There are some good comments. One of which (related to the AXN) is;
'Using on my axn - unlimited vertical & sounds better than 2 blade 6x4'

Other interesting comments are;

'Excellent prop: strong, with high traction force and well-balanced. I used this on 2 props rear located self-made plane (like MD-80) coupled each one with a DC motor like speed 400, have weight of 1,2 kg. Take-off is very soft and power is good to fly.'

and;

' used this prop with my Easystar and the HXT 2835 2700kv purchased here and I am happy with the results. This prop clears the fuse without cutting into the foam. The motor can get hot if run WOT with this prop.'

Personally, I'll just ensure I don't fly WOT for more than a couple of minutes. Plus, like so many others, I have lots of cooling holes in my AXN which should help.

By the way, I bought a plastic parachutist yesterday from Waynes World (a cheap shop). The chap is about 75mm high and comes with a well made nylon type material that should last many 'drops' so I'm presently working on the easiest of set ups (probably just double side tape a servo under the wing with some kind of mechanical device to let him drop away).

I've also made a drop bomb from the plastic tops of empty anti-perspirant containers glued together and a set of 'fins' from some pliable thin plastic sheet. I used silicon sealant (for bathrooms etc) as a 'glue' as I figured it would be less prone to break. It could all end in tears of course, but it could also end up great fun and for me, fun is what it's all about.

What really made me laugh is when I dropped in on a r/c modelling friend yesterday and told him what I was planning to do, he immediately knew exactly where to get a parachutist because he'd been thinking of doing the same thing. I suddenly realised that two grown men (who are not that far off retirement) had absolutely no hesitation in discussing the kinds of things kids would do.

My mrs laughed and reminded us we should never grow up!
Beanz is offline Find More Posts by Beanz
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:15 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,789 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovs View Post
I got a 30 amp esc from the LHS today since hobbyking takes forever. The problem is that I just saw that it has a 2amp BEC and not a 3amp. Is that enough for the cloudsfly?
You will have 4 9gram servos of one type or other the servos may pull a bit but you're best bet is to just fly it for a couple of minutes bring it down and check how hot the RSC(stoopid iPhone) ESC is. If hot then it is working to hard if not then try a longer flight. 2amps is probably ok for 4 servos of the CF variety but just test up to a full flight to see how the RSC ESC handles it.
mutha is online now Find More Posts by mutha
Last edited by mutha; Dec 19, 2012 at 08:13 PM. Reason: phone editing!!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:24 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
You will have 4 9gram servos of one type or other the servos may pull a bit but you're best bet is to just fly it for a couple of minutes bring it down and check how hot the RSC is. If hot then it is working to hard if not then try a longer flight. 2amps is probably ok for 4 servos of the CF variety but just test up to a full flight to see how the RSC handles it.
Ok, I really hope the 2A is enough since my hobbyking SS esc won't work well with motors that are above 2000kv. What happens if the servos draw too much power? Does the BEC just get too hot or do I lose control of the plane from the receiver not having enough voltage?
Last edited by gooby; Dec 19, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:20 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
I might go back and get their 40 amp esc that has a 3A bec. I already soldered connectors to this one so there is no returning it.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 06:30 PM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,340 Posts
Quote:
I might go back and get their 40 amp esc that has a 3A bec. I already soldered connectors to this one so there is no returning it.
You could get one of these, install in parallel with the esc, and remove the ESC red wire.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...for_Lipo_.html

I flew for years with a 2a linear ESC on this plane, so I personally would not worry...
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:19 PM
Raggistored Usehr
United States, FL
Joined Feb 2012
1,059 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
You could get one of these, install in parallel with the esc, and remove the ESC red wire.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...for_Lipo_.html

I flew for years with a 2a linear ESC on this plane, so I personally would not worry...
That's great to hear that it flew fine with a 2A BEC! I was under the impression that it was a necessary requirement for this plane to have a 3A. I'm going to try it the esc I got and see how it goes.
Last edited by gooby; Dec 19, 2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 08:15 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,789 Posts
Quote:
That's great to hear that it flew fine with a 2A BEC! I was under the impression that it was a necessary requirement for this plane. I'm going to try it the esc I got and see how it goes.
That's the spirit!! Just check a few times until you are sure of it
mutha is online now Find More Posts by mutha