HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:07 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,188 Posts
Actually it has more authority than the ailerons themselves

i had a guy fly my AXN when he couldnt fly slope from time to time ..he flies in mode 4 and i do mode 2 (he has ailerons on what for me is rudder) it took him more than a year to realize he was turning the AXN using rudder ..
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:12 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post

i had a guy fly my AXN when he couldnt fly slope from time to time ..he flies in mode 4 and i do mode 2 (he has ailerons on what for me is rudder) it took him more than a year to realize he was turning the AXN using rudder ..
He probably needs to update his pre flight checks in the future
hendrnk is offline Find More Posts by hendrnk
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:37 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
He probably needs to update his pre flight checks in the future
He never took off with this plane.. usually is days of no wind in the slope (he is a only-slope flier) where i can fly with the AXN thanks to the motor and i hand to him the radio in flight... he says he cant fly mode 2 at all.. but when he flew this plane he began flying it right away with no problem thanks to the rudder-roll effect so i tought he was flying it with ailerons.. then a year and a half later one day he told me that he couldnt fly mode 2 and i said "so how are you flying then the Cloudsfly with my radio..its mode 2" and he replied "what? i tought you switched modes before handing the radio to me... i fly it like in mode 4.."
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:43 PM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,143 Posts
Quote:
He never took off with this plane.. usually is days of no wind in the slope (he is a only-slope flier) where i can fly with the AXN thanks to the motor and i hand to him the radio in flight... he says he cant fly mode 2 at all.. but when he flew this plane he began flying it right away with no problem thanks to the rudder-roll effect so i tought he was flying it with ailerons.. then a year and a half later one day he told me that he couldnt fly mode 2 and i said "so how are you flying then the Cloudsfly with my radio..its mode 2" and he replied "what? i tought you switched modes before handing the radio to me... i fly it like in mode 4.."
Sometimes it best not to know.
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:46 PM
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2010
188 Posts
Quote:

Lol thats funny, Yeah this flies great with just the rudder. It flies like the PZ Radian on Phoenix flight sim haha
kennyhoc3 is offline Find More Posts by kennyhoc3
Old Dec 04, 2012, 09:47 PM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
2,843 Posts
[QUOTE=kennyhoc3;23439003]I am using an OrangeRX 610 It has 1 antenna and a satellite rx with antenna
It worked fine in my 47" edge 540, never had an issue with it. My esc fried in the edge and I think the esc took the rudder servo out with it. It might have messed up the RX too I am thinking because I cannot get the ailerons to work together on that plane, they will work separately on each channel but not when they are both plugged in? But I haven't messed around with it enough to completely figure out haha /QUOTE]

Once you sort out the ailerons it might be time to give it a good walk range test to see if you are getting the correct range. You might have a Spectrum TX but a mate with a Futaba 10C and a Spektrum module had range problems and had to buy another module. Also with the module in the TX he could tap and wriggle the module when turned on and the light on the module would go out just momentarily. Like I said you might have a real spektrum radio but a range check may be in order.
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:14 PM
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2010
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post

Once you sort out the ailerons it might be time to give it a good walk range test to see if you are getting the correct range. You might have a Spectrum TX but a mate with a Futaba 10C and a Spektrum module had range problems and had to buy another module. Also with the module in the TX he could tap and wriggle the module when turned on and the light on the module would go out just momentarily. Like I said you might have a real spektrum radio but a range check may be in order.
T9x with a dsm2 module in it, I ranged checked it the second day and only got about 500ft but after making sure all my TX lifepo cells were balanced It was fine. But yeah I will range check it next time I go out just to make sure

I also got the 2 other receivers to work I forgot to switch proto back to PPM lol

So now all I need to get both my birds back in the air are 2 servos Hopefully with the t9x RX's I wont have glitch issues but we'll see!
When the ESC on my edge went out the rudder servo must have fried? It no longer works.
And when the AXN lawn darted the elevator servo horn broke and the rudder servo broke some gears.
kennyhoc3 is offline Find More Posts by kennyhoc3
Last edited by kennyhoc3; Dec 05, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:03 AM
Joined Dec 2011
22 Posts
Anyone has their stock glue failing yet?

Mine is slightly more than a year old, and the stock glue has sort of hardened to a amble color and became rather brittle.

Should I should redo the gluing for the wing slabs?
freedomflight is offline Find More Posts by freedomflight
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:05 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomflight View Post

Mine is slightly more than a year old, and the stock glue has sort of hardened to a amble color and became rather brittle.

If it lose then reglue. I find the wing gets lose after a while due to stress of flights and crashes / cart wheels etc.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:40 AM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomflight View Post

The spar covers can come loose, and the result is fatal!! I glued mine with epoxy.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:38 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
San Diego
Joined Dec 2003
1,537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
The spar covers can come loose, and the result is fatal!! I glued mine with epoxy.
I check the spar covers before every flight. They have come loose on the outboard end of the wing before.
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:42 AM
Joined Dec 2011
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendrnk View Post
If it lose then reglue. I find the wing gets lose after a while due to stress of flights and crashes / cart wheels etc.
I dont think there would be a need to reglue it IF it came loose.

Anyway, just had a quick flight with some slow flying. Dare not do any fancy moves

Guess that I would epoxy them for a peace of mind.
freedomflight is offline Find More Posts by freedomflight
Old Dec 08, 2012, 05:18 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,544 Posts
When the spar cover(s) depart the airframe in the air they flutter down gracefully
The rest of the airframe ... not so gracefully

Bottome line - you should be safe for yourself and any one around you. You should check and ensure the ariworthiness of your plane before EVERY flight. An ounce of prevention ...
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:55 AM
London-UK
Joined Sep 2007
204 Posts
AXN FLOATER CLOUDS (4 min 29 sec)
TAREK.SAADE is online now Find More Posts by TAREK.SAADE
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:58 AM
An Aussie in Chicago
Joined Apr 2012
1,143 Posts
Sorry for the slightly fuzzy Video.

AXN with 700Watt 4S setup using 6x5 propeller.

AXN CF with upgraded motor (5 min 35 sec)