Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Ok. guys. I have a GA-250 (NIB) and I will video the installation it in my CF. It will be my first install of the GA-250. So, it should be interesting and humorous watching me make silly mistakes. I have 9 - EK2-0704 gyros that I use in my planes. I have a LOT of experience with them. So, it should be interesting and humorous watching me make silly mistakes.
AJ
You never did the video nor told us if you were successful with that gyro. I still have this gyro and would like to know how you managed to plug it in, how did it help etc
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2012, 06:45 PM
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2010
188 Posts
Just maidened my AXN! I love it! I spent way too long yesterday getting it all together. There seemed to be a perfect gap for the glue to travel down to my elevator pushrod so I had to take that out and clean it luckily I got the servo horn off!

I was waiting all day for the weather to calm down but it never did so I said to hell with it

Winds were 10-15 with gusts around 20mph. Super nervous launching it by myself but I gave it a little elevator trim before I threw it left handed and it took off perfect! Didn't need to trim it the rest of the flight Handled the wind beautifully!

I did notice the super slow roll rate but that will teach me to add more rudder to my turns

I used a 45amp trust esc with 2200mah 20c
Stock motor and prop since I am still waiting on my 6x4 3 blade prop. I saw earlier someone looking for prop adapters for the stock motor, these are what I bought from a US seller http://www.ebay.com/itm/200851108178...84.m1497.l2649
kennyhoc3 is offline Find More Posts by kennyhoc3
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:52 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboSerg View Post
You never did the video nor told us if you were successful with that gyro. I still have this gyro and would like to know how you managed to plug it in, how did it help etc
Thanks for asking. No. it did not work out at all. That gyro is only for digital servos and I only use analog servos.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Nov 30, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:11 AM
Just thumbing through...
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,348 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for asking. No. it did not work out at all. That gyro is only for digital servos and I only use analog servos.
AJ
The programming of that gyro is just too hard for me. It does work with analog, but I could not get it to work effectively. I tried it on a 450 heli and even tried installing upside down, but it seemed to be worse than no gyro at all lol. I need to try again with a digital servo. See posts here..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...14&postcount=1

I have one of these cheap gyros to test, some reviewers say they work with mems.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5kg_0_18s.html
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Last edited by victapilot; Nov 30, 2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:31 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
The programming of that gyro is just too hard for me. It does work with analog, but I could not get it to work effectively. I tried it on a 450 heli and even tried installing upside down, but it seemed to be worse than no gyro at all lol. I need to try again with a digital servo. See posts here..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...14&postcount=1

I have one of these cheap gyros to test, some reviewers say they work with mems.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...5kg_0_18s.html
Just a while ago, I used THIS one and it worked like I expected it to work.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:39 AM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,348 Posts
Quote:
AJ
Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:15 AM
Joined Sep 2011
478 Posts
Quote:
AJ
So you did manage to use that gyro? Because a while ago you said you never had a digital servo for the gyro to test out.
RoboSerg is offline Find More Posts by RoboSerg
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:08 PM
London-UK
Joined Sep 2007
234 Posts
AXN FLOATER (1 min 34 sec)
TAREK.SAADE is offline Find More Posts by TAREK.SAADE
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2010
188 Posts
Not a good day =( My luck wins again...

So the wind died down to 5-8mph (was 20-30mph this morning) and I decided it was perfect to take the axn out for its second flight. First flight of the day was beautiful, flaperons made for some awesome soaring and a good landing.

Second flight I flew around for about 3 min until I heard a cracking sound then no motor I brought her down and the stock prop up and left! Left some marks on the axn too xD I was using the propsaver that came with it instead of my prop adapters, I figured I would just fly it stock until my 6x4 came.

Third flight I put the spare stock prop on with the adapter this time and flew her off, then I noticed I was having some glitches! I turned her around immediately to try and land but I lost radio contact! The axn spiraled a little then leveled out and smacked into a baseball outfield chainlink fence I think having the wings Velcro in saved them! only thing that broke was one of the puzzle pieces and I ended up splitting the nose where the battery was. Rubber band dug into the side where it crunched too. So not toooo much damage for its first crash

I don't understand why It happened. I have used this same TX/RX in my other plane and it never had this issue. Both orange RX and satellite receiver were blinking =( Transmitter battery levels were at 9.8v and everything was nice and cool in the axn, lipo was at 12.2v also.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 03:50 PM
Aus
ʎןɟ inverted ɹǝpunuʍop
Australia, ACT, Amaroo
Joined Jul 2011
1,087 Posts
Kennyhoc3, what ESC, motor and battery are you using?
Aus is offline Find More Posts by Aus
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2010
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
Kennyhoc3, what ESC, motor and battery are you using?
I am using a turnigy trust 45a esc with 3A BEC, Stock motor and I use a 2200mah 20c and 1800mah 3S 25-50c lipo.

I read the 6ch Orange RX's seem to have issues. But it sounds like mine was a brownout with both RX and Sat blinking
But it would glitch while just flying straight (that's when I noticed it)

I am also having some issues with the ailerons I think. I know others said they have little aileron authority but mine takes 10+ seconds to roll 180degrees! I have all the throws maxed on the control horns and TX. It likes to dive in the direction I'm rolling as well.
Last edited by kennyhoc3; Nov 30, 2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:22 PM
Just thumbing through...
Joined Feb 2009
4,348 Posts
Rudder mixed with ailerons helps roll, and also helps launch. The ailerons are not very effective at low speed, and rudder is.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:34 PM
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2010
188 Posts
Yeah I noticed the rudder and elevator are very responsive lol I will mix some in! Thanks
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:50 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyhoc3 View Post
I am using a turnigy trust 45a esc with 3A BEC, Stock motor and I use a 2200mah 20c and 1800mah 3S 25-50c lipo.

I read the 6ch Orange RX's seem to have issues. But it sounds like mine was a brownout with both RX and Sat blinking
But it would glitch while just flying straight (that's when I noticed it)

I am also having some issues with the ailerons I think. I know others said they have little aileron authority but mine takes 10+ seconds to roll 180degrees! I have all the throws maxed on the control horns and TX. It likes to dive in the direction I'm rolling as well.
have you got differential? either mechanical or programmed??? (pref both!!)

The AXN is not a stunt plane - you can't just axial roll it - but with good differential and sensible application it rolls OK - the ailerons I use mainly for turns, steering when inverted and some vertical spins.
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:38 PM
USA, ID, Boise
Joined Nov 2010
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
have you got differential? either mechanical or programmed??? (pref both!!)

The AXN is not a stunt plane - you can't just axial roll it - but with good differential and sensible application it rolls OK - the ailerons I use mainly for turns, steering when inverted and some vertical spins.
Nope, I just mixed in 30% diff to start with, We'll see how she does tomorrow My axn was having issues just trying to bank. It felt more like a 3ch glider then a 4ch especially against the 5-8mph wind, I think I was having adverse yaw issues. But with some dif in there I think that will take care of it! Thank you. I'll let you know