HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 17, 2012, 10:17 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
77 Posts
get the bixler 2 for fpv. its big and should handle heavy payload and long flight time.
sss34 is offline Find More Posts by sss34
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:06 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,440 Posts
Maidened mine this AM, wow, what a plane. Fast too. She flew nice at altitude and just soared around with no power for a while. Fantastic plane.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:03 PM
Registered User
120ccpm's Avatar
Switzerland
Joined Nov 2010
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sss34 View Post
thanks. I have looked at gogo.rc but for the just 1$ extra I could get this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/3x-3mm-Prope...item2a0d6a9c98

What do you think?
They seem ok to me, but of course you will have to try to find out...
120ccpm is offline Find More Posts by 120ccpm
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 06:26 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,075 Posts
Well, I might try to go out and fly my nose diving AXN again. We still don't know why some do that and others don't. Mine maidened fine, flew a few times. The second time it nosed into the ground upon launch everytime. Everything is the same. Will trash it if it does it again. I don't want a dented up plane. Will let you guys know how it goes. I'm not buying another one if I don't know what the problem is. Hate to charge batteries again just to discharge them when I get home.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:42 PM
Registered User
js32257's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Well, I might try to go out and fly my nose diving AXN again. We still don't know why some do that and others don't. Mine maidened fine, flew a few times. The second time it nosed into the ground upon launch everytime. Everything is the same. Will trash it if it does it again. I don't want a dented up plane. Will let you guys know how it goes. I'm not buying another one if I don't know what the problem is. Hate to charge batteries again just to discharge them when I get home.
Have you posted a video of all of your control throws for people to look at?
If not...maybe you should.
js32257 is offline Find More Posts by js32257
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:43 PM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,075 Posts
I will double check them and then do that. Like I said, it launched a flew great the first time.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:06 PM
Registered User
js32257's Avatar
Joined Dec 2011
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I will double check them and then do that. Like I said, it launched a flew great the first time.
Cool. I'd be curious to see/compare to mine. If it looks substantially different than mine I can post a video for comparison.

Just a thought but the elevator is very sensitive due to the length of the fuselage. There isn't much elevator travel and just barely down really makes it dive.
js32257 is offline Find More Posts by js32257
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 03:59 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
mutha's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,544 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I will double check them and then do that. Like I said, it launched a flew great the first time.
Hi Shahram,

Have you got someone with experience with you when you fly? If one launch fails with a nose in you might consider 1 a full inspection of all surfaces / movement ... and 2 a couple of clicks of up elevator prior to the second launch.
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:06 AM
Registered User
Joined Jun 2012
77 Posts
Hi. on my axn the elevator throw down is about 5mm max. is that alright? I am not looking to do inside loops but my throw up is about 10mm which shown be good for loops.

And also my HXT900 when turned fully anti-clockwise stops and vibrates badly. Why is that? its all new!!
sss34 is offline Find More Posts by sss34
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:11 AM
Registered User
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
Hi Shahram,

Have you got someone with experience with you when you fly? If one launch fails with a nose in you might consider 1 a full inspection of all surfaces / movement ... and 2 a couple of clicks of up elevator prior to the second launch.
Yes, and he lauched it for me. Maybe that's the problem. The second time he wasn't there and I launched it myself. Maybe I had too much throttle, but I remember up elevator not helping much.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:59 AM
Expert Crasher
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
1,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Yes, and he lauched it for me. Maybe that's the problem. The second time he wasn't there and I launched it myself. Maybe I had too much throttle, but I remember up elevator not helping much.
i think it more to not enough throttle, i have hundred flight on my axn still occasionally nose dive my axn perfect example was yesterday testing out the payload, launched with not enough throttle nosed to the ground

my axn is very heavy now i need to launch it with 6070% throttle plus to compensate my slow finger on elevator i assign a switch to do up elevator for launch

time to move on i might getting a Skywalker in next few days , will convert back my axn for bashing and zooming around the field
skellator is online now Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:53 PM
Registered User
Australia, SA, Aldinga
Joined May 2012
18 Posts
Maiden

Hi all.

Long time lurker, first post. After reading this great thread, I bought the AXN to replace my well beaten up Mini-swift. I've had had it a couple of months now but finally has time to fly it (and the courage to go bang it up; I don't like doing that LOL), so I took it down the beach yesterday morning and had a crack.

Initial impressions are nice!. Needs a fair bit of throttle to keep it up there (using a 2200 3S battery) so now all I have to do is sharpen my flying skills. I didn't put it into the ground, so that's got to be a good thing.

I posted a short video of my first flight (#18 Keychain cam). I'll comment on that shortly.

Enjoy the video.
AXN Maiden (1 min 53 sec)


Mike
MichaelTDM900 is offline Find More Posts by MichaelTDM900
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 12:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Oct 2012
26 Posts
Maiden flight

Hi guys I have had my Axn for a few weeks but only manged to get out today no wind at all sunny. Apart from a very bad first launch which nose dived quite hard due to not enough throttle all went ok.

This was my first time flying an rc plane, i have spend a lot of time on my sim using my tx.

I have tried to join my local club but they have had problems with new members causing trouble, so they have made it very difficult to join takes 2 months before i can even fly at all. it would be nice to have experienced pilots help but i am learning on my own for now as i just want to fly my AXN.

I have a couple of questions i made sure all moving surfaces were level with out any added trim. I checked the center of gravity which im to believe is on the spar. She just wanted to bank right so i used the trim to level her out, i presume this is normal and all planes need trim is there a normal amount it should need. Also all the plane wants to do is climb even at half throttle, am i right in thinking this could mean nose heavy, i moved the battery back but still the same, should i trim it even though the elevator is perfectly level, or try cg moving some more. I climbs to the point that i have to slow motor right down and give up elevator. Also im using a 2200 battery.

Any advice much appreciated.

Regards

Duncan
dunc1055 is offline Find More Posts by dunc1055
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 01:20 PM
Registered User
Australia, SA, Aldinga
Joined May 2012
18 Posts
Your Maiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunc1055 View Post
I have a couple of questions i made sure all moving surfaces were level with out any added trim. I checked the center of gravity which im to believe is on the spar. She just wanted to bank right so i used the trim to level her out, i presume this is normal and all planes need trim is there a normal amount it should need. Also all the plane wants to do is climb even at half throttle, am i right in thinking this could mean nose heavy, i moved the battery back but still the same, should i trim it even though the elevator is perfectly level, or try cg moving some more. I climbs to the point that i have to slow motor right down and give up elevator. Also im using a 2200 battery.
Hi Duncan

I did the same as you, checked everything 10 times for trim etc, and still had to make a few adjustments once in flight. I think that is just the nature of the beast. Mine is also a bit nose heavy; I did that as most people suggested that's a good way to start.

They do like to climb don't they? My ultimate demise was due to not enough throttle and me assuming these things glide a bit more than they actually do.

Oh well, you live and learn. I too spent many many hours on the simulator. At the end of the day however, you just have to keep practicing my friend. That's the only way to learn. And accept that you're going to break it eventually. I have a problem with that but i'll get over it.

I bought a Bixler as well for training purposes. When I have destroyed the Bix and the AXN, then i'll start flying the other 8 planes (warbirds) sitting on the rack at the moment).

My 2.2c

Mike
MichaelTDM900 is offline Find More Posts by MichaelTDM900
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:47 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,440 Posts
As with all "pusher" powered gliders, expect the plane to dive when given full throttle. That is the thrust coming frm behind instead of from the front of the plane. Also,the plane will want to roll to the right slightly, again because of the location of the motor/prop combo. Mine does the same thing, but I have her trimmed out to fly straight and level at 50% Throttle and she will dive slightly when going full throttle. When giving full throttle, just give up elevator and she will climb like heck. Mine can get almost verticle under a full power climb.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools