Old Jun 11, 2012, 12:24 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhonwyn View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJTmmo7IlE

My axn floater jet with T-45 jet canopy.. hehe i cut the front part and it looks good for me..
not available on mobile t.t
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:15 PM
Joined May 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
I never had the stock motor, but I could do belly slide takeoffs, loops, rolls. Speed was better than a few EasyStars at the field.
Okay so it could do multiple loops fast??...my stock setup could do a loop every 3 seconds and could fly straight up at 80% vertical...the setup i have now has a hard time doing a loop and can only climb at about 30% vertical...I will go to hobbyshop and see what prop i can find and try out today...thanks
hate2crash is offline Find More Posts by hate2crash
Old Jun 11, 2012, 03:25 PM
Joined May 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
The Floater Jet pusher prop type planes suffer from the lack of possibility to use a large propeller. Raising the motor will increase thrust torque too much. So you have to use a small diameter prop. In order to achieve sufficient thrust from this, you need more RPMs, more KVs.

The Floater is designed for a 2100KV motor, and everyday use have shown, that a 6x5 prop works well with this. It may strain the stock 20A ESC (RTF version), but it does wonders for the plane.

So the options are limited: Use a 5" (stock) or 6" prop and use a motor with sufficient RPM/KV for that. 3S LiPo + 1350KV + 6x5 will get you airborne, but performance will be poor.

Happy landings
You are absolutely right...my problem is the two replacement motors would not run like the original setup that was great for about a week until motor died...so i ordered another motor and 2 more esc's from HK a red brick 30 amp and the Hk 25-30 amp esc...i think the first 30 amp dertrum esc bured out first replacement motor as well as dertrum esc in only 2mins because timing and esc was not correct for the motor...hopefully i will figure this all out soon..thanks
Old Jun 12, 2012, 01:20 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,331 Posts
I can say that with the 2200Kv 2826/2212-6 motor it doesnt like an APC 6X5.5

I tried it ..it doesnt go or climb as fast as a 6X4 ..
So far the optimal prop for that motor was the TGS 6X4 (wich appears to be a 6X5)
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:46 AM
Joined Nov 2011
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
not available on mobile t.t
Yes sorry i do not know how to do that
dhonwyn is offline Find More Posts by dhonwyn
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:48 AM
Joined Nov 2011
304 Posts
For those who wants to know my setup :=)

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJTmmo7IlE

My axn floater jet with T-45 jet canopy.. hehe i cut the front part and it looks good for me..
SETUP:
AXN FLOATER JET
Master Airscrew propeller 7x4 - i cut it to 6x4 but it works well
STOCK MOTOR
Turnigy 9x with FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry
TowerPro H40A Brushless Speed Controller

FPV:

Cyclops nova OSD with RTH(return to home) function
5.8Ghz Video transmitter
IBCrazy's Cloverleaf and Screw Planar Antenna
dhonwyn is offline Find More Posts by dhonwyn
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:47 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
You are absolutely right...my problem is the two replacement motors would not run like the original setup that was great for about a week until motor died...so i ordered another motor and 2 more esc's from HK a red brick 30 amp and the Hk 25-30 amp esc...i think the first 30 amp dertrum esc bured out first replacement motor as well as dertrum esc in only 2mins because timing and esc was not correct for the motor...hopefully i will figure this all out soon..thanks
Not sure from the discussion whether you realise you need a fairly high Kv motor on this plane ... 2100 + the originals are regularly available from HK and I think they have the 2200 Kv D2826-6 that some have used too.
mutha is offline Find More Posts by mutha
Old Jun 12, 2012, 12:34 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,608 Posts
We can say it slower and louder but the stock motor doesn't like the additional amp load of a 6x5 prop. All motors have max amp rating and continuing to run the stock motor on APC 6x5 prop or higher is going to kill the motor.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 12, 2012, 03:34 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
We can say it slower and louder but the stock motor doesn't like the additional amp load of a 6x5 prop. All motors have max amp rating and continuing to run the stock motor on APC 6x5 prop or higher is going to kill the motor.

Bill
+1. and/or the ESC.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:03 PM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,539 Posts
I suspect I'll take a beating for this question, but has anybody tried a tractor conversion (motor in the front of the plane) on the AXN?
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:07 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_o View Post
I suspect I'll take a beating for this question, but has anybody tried a tractor conversion (motor in the front of the plane) on the AXN?
You probably will since you can't spell Denmark either.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:23 PM
Denmark, kbh
Joined Jan 2012
1,539 Posts
AJ, you grumpy old man, could you stay on the topic, please
mike_o is offline Find More Posts by mike_o
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:42 PM
Joined May 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
SETUP:
AXN FLOATER JET
Master Airscrew propeller 7x4 - i cut it to 6x4 but it works well
STOCK MOTOR
Turnigy 9x with FrSky DJT 2.4Ghz Combo Pack for JR w/ Telemetry
TowerPro H40A Brushless Speed Controller

FPV:

Cyclops nova OSD with RTH(return to home) function
5.8Ghz Video transmitter
IBCrazy's Cloverleaf and Screw Planar Antenna
Is this M.A. 7x4 a normal prop or reverse rotation?...Also when you are looking at motor from tail side is the rotation clockwise...i want to make sure when i mount a new motor and different prop it is spinning in coorect direction ...thanks
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined May 2010
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post

Bill
The stock prop worked great with stock motor untill i lost motor...my quetion is this...anyone know what type if any performance diffence between the stock 5x5 and a 6x4 prop when mounted on stock 2150kx motor...thanks
Old Jun 12, 2012, 04:57 PM
Australia, NSW, Ashby
Joined Jul 2011
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hate2crash View Post
The stock prop worked great with stock motor untill i lost motor...my quetion is this...anyone know what type if any performance diffence between the stock 5x5 and a 6x4 prop when mounted on stock 2150kx motor...thanks
With a higher rated esc, say 30 amp this is a great setup. Run a zippy 2200 xtra thin battery and you have it all in one with out any expensive mods
brace is online now Find More Posts by brace