HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:34 PM
More coffee, please!
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined Jul 2011
655 Posts
good choice! but I suggest you better make it min 3 weeks, that way you won't be disappointed if hk post falls asleep again.
sir_clive is offline Find More Posts by sir_clive
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
My CF flying over the skies of Oviedo (my home town).. launched from a hill in the border so i can see above the city without having to actually fly over it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ_6u6oNTm4
nice video, be better if you get the wide lens tho , also is your cam mounted on the canopy ? if so be carefull cause if canopy comes off you cam will go through the prop.
coaldust is offline Find More Posts by coaldust
Old Jun 02, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Oct 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_clive View Post
good choice! but I suggest you better make it min 3 weeks, that way you won't be disappointed if hk post falls asleep again.
ahahahaha true story....
box13 is offline Find More Posts by box13
Old Jun 02, 2012, 05:43 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeandredubois View Post
How do you guys extend the motor wires? do you just solder longer wires on or what?
I know the space where the wires goes inside the plane is not very big!
And what wire do you use - 18,16awg?
Use 3.5mm bullet plugs and 14awg is fine.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 02, 2012, 07:56 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
This thing is just too much fun 20ish mph winds today and it handled it like a champ. Slowly becoming my go to flyer regardless of weather!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jun 02, 2012, 08:14 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaldust View Post
nice video, be better if you get the wide lens tho , also is your cam mounted on the canopy ? if so be carefull cause if canopy comes off you cam will go through the prop.
Thanks..

Camera is mounted to the canopy but the canopy is well secured with both tape and a rubber band .. also it has a better magnet on the back and also a piece of velcro there.. i allready lost a CF canopy , tought a new one costed me 8 (inc shiping) and i had allready made clear spare ones

I will get those wide lens from DX .. a pity since i putted an order couple of days ago (a pair of 18650s to make a 2S battery for my new FlySky TH9X ) but since its free shiping...

Today i practiced hand catching.. made arround 20 tries and i managed to catch it 4 times with one ending in the wing separating from the fuse (quite embarrasing)..

maybe its a question of practice but i cant manage to balance bringing the plane to me at the right altitude and slow enoght.. most of the times it just goes too fast and if i try to slow more sometimes it just falls short.. is like trying to hit a bullseye in both space/speed

the best aproach seems to aproach low and raise the nose to head level in the last moments to bleed speed..

still execept one wich i catched it nice from the wing and another from the nose the other 2 catches seemed quite "violent" and appear to do more damage to the plane than its worth for the hand catch
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Jun 02, 2012, 09:51 PM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
303 Posts
May I suggest practicing spot landings?
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:36 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
Headed to maiden my floater today at the field. Wish me luck!
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jun 03, 2012, 10:19 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,104 Posts
Best of luck shahram!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Jun 03, 2012, 03:33 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Maiden Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Headed to maiden my floater today at the field. Wish me luck!
Make sure to take movies to share with everyone.
AJ
Old Jun 03, 2012, 04:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Make sure to take movies to share with everyone.
AJ
Indeed...you guys are supposes to keep us( the people that have ordered it but not arrived yet) entertained by giving us small portions of axn floater jet drug...xD

Good luck dude
box13 is offline Find More Posts by box13
Last edited by box13; Jun 03, 2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old Jun 03, 2012, 05:38 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,623 Posts
I don't have anyone to film and I didn't fly anyway, it was too windy. Total bust today. I flew my Blade MQX, that's it. I'm not going out to the field in the middle of the day anymore. Going to wait till after 6pm from now on.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Jun 03, 2012, 07:51 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Or maybe........

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I don't have anyone to film and I didn't fly anyway, it was too windy. Total bust today. I flew my Blade MQX, that's it. I'm not going out to the field in the middle of the day anymore. Going to wait till after 6pm from now on.
6AM. I don't know anything about your weather there. Here on the West coast, it is usually very calm and cool in the early morning. During the winter, it is best to wait until after 4pm or so. Does this thinking apply to you at all?
AJ
Old Jun 03, 2012, 08:35 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,301 Posts
Not a good day definitily.. tought still lucky in a way..

I took the CF to the country to my uncle's home as my family there enjoy the plane and the aerial video taken by the 808 ..

i took her very high as usual to take the best views possible ... when the plane was barelly visible i turn her arround to return .. it turned and was heading back to me.. then i applied a small correction ..it turned..and then lost control.. the CF entered a turn wich then didnt obey any order from and it quickly turned into a spiral down.. i saw it spiral down and crash 500m away into deep deep forest..

This was my perspective .. picture that circle 500m away at that high

Fortunatelly after some heavy searching in the woods radio on hand we managed to ear the motor (it was still in control and powered) and finally found it 500m away in a clear hill side field..

It had impacted the hill side inverted (tought the propeller fortunatelly was clear of the ground wich allowed us to ear the motor) nose is smashed up and one of the wing spars poped out of the socket... and tail is bit broken right in the weak spot (under the propeller) all eletronics were intact and working tought..

Im quite anoyed... and utterly embarrashed as this happent in front of my family (wich since they dont go to my flying fields ever means every time they see me fly there something happent) but mostly anoyed because i cant explain or understand what happent..

I had control because the plane had gone farther away and was actually allready in the return trip... when i saw it not responding and entering the spiral i lifted the radio vertical over my head (35mhz) to no effect.. i actually tought it was some electrical power problem like a battery failure or ESC or Rx .. but when found the plane all was working (it was responding to throotle and servos)..

so im totally unware of what caused that loss of control... its imensely unlikely that anyone else was flying other plane in a vast circle arround ...less even likely that they would be in my exact frequency ..

So plane was found and recover luckily as you can see in the map all that is wild forrest (with warthogs and moose ) and had it falled in that forrest it could most likely ended in a 15m high tree where it cant be recovered or in some deep bushes.. but its quite smashed... not sure if can repair it good this time
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Jun 03, 2012, 11:26 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
An option or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post

<snip>

So plane was found and recover luckily as you can see in the map all that is wild forrest (with warthogs and moose ) and had it falled in that forrest it could most likely ended in a 15m high tree where it cant be recovered or in some deep bushes.. but its quite smashed... not sure if can repair it good this time
I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. My guess is that you hit some kind of radio interference that caused you to lose communication. If so (again, it was just a guess), can you go to 2.4ghz and eliminate the problem in the future?
In my experience, any crashed AXN can be fixed. The problem is that eventually, it gets so heavy from all the repairs that it is almost impossible to fly or, at the best, it just isn't any fun to fly. That is what happened to my AXN CF #1. It just got too heavy. So, I stripped it and put all the electronics in my new BMI Arrow. It is just like the CF only it glides better and it is bigger and therefore, easier to see. Check it out when you get a moment. Here it is:
http://www.scaleflying.com/Glider-14...ly_p_2032.html
It is really an RR plane(s). Even the LIPo and charger are included. I paid $123 for the two of them (it is a 2 for 1 sale). If you wallet will allow it, I highly recommend it. If you like the CF, you will LOVE the Arrow.
AJ