HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 26, 2012, 06:03 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Everytime I take this thing out for a flight I am amazed. Quite an amazing plane especially for the price!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:17 PM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murman View Post
Almost looks real, doesn't it?

So you're suggesting we should all go back to school to learn how to construct a sentence that doesn't run-on and also learn the correct way to spell adolescents? (sorry, you were asking for that one)
Lol!!!

I was wondering if someone would catch that.
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Old Feb 26, 2012, 08:34 PM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,983 Posts
The FJ/CF inspires confidence -

I have just bought and built my 5th one!!

I had 1 that my brother totaled, and I have my new one and one in a box as spares and one I built out of the other 2 with cut off wings ... I said "inspires confidence" not provides skill ...
mutha is online now Find More Posts by mutha
Old Feb 27, 2012, 12:55 PM
Croatia
Joined Dec 2011
50 Posts
I own this plane for one year and I'm very happy with it, great model for slow and long flights. But, last 3-4 months I experience strong vibrations on speeds lower than 70%, so, everything is vibrating, fuselage, wings etc. Same problem with prop adapter. Vibrations stop a little bit when I hold/press together the foam that holds the motor and the part above where wings come together. Only mod I did are the magnets holding the wings together and packing tape on fuselage. Ideas?
zerohr is offline Find More Posts by zerohr
Last edited by zerohr; Feb 09, 2014 at 01:56 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
Home of A-10 - Farmingdale NY
United States, NH, Londonderry
Joined Dec 2006
936 Posts
Wow 652 pages on this thread....!

I haven't been on this thread for awhile now...Bruce Simpson is right, this plane is the biggest bang for your buck ($48 from US Warehouse)..

Large flight envelope, cheap, very robust, and very repairable...tough to beat.

-mike-
boiko is offline Find More Posts by boiko
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:31 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerohr View Post
I own this plane for one year and I'm very happy with it, great model for slow and long flights. But, last 3-4 months I experience strong vibrations on speeds lower than 70%, so, everything is vibrating, fuselage, wings etc. Same problem with prop adapter. Vibrations stop a little bit when I hold/press together the foam that holds the motor and the part above where wings come together. Only mod I did are the magnets holding the wings together and packing tape on fuselage. Ideas?
Replace the prop and make sure you balance it.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:13 PM
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
304 Posts
Sounds like it could've thrown a magnet. Check your bell housing.
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:38 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescry24 View Post
Sounds like it could've thrown a magnet. Check your bell housing.
Given his performance problem, that is impossible.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Feb 27, 2012, 08:39 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,983 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Replace the prop and make sure you balance it.
AJ
and just check the motor mount make sure it is not moving ...
I think AJ is right from the description lower rev vibration is likely to be your prop ... are you using a collet?? or just the propsaver?
Old Feb 28, 2012, 02:55 AM
Croatia
Joined Dec 2011
50 Posts
@eaglescry24

Magnets are still holding good, I think there is no problem with that, but, speaking of motor, I noticed when going full throttle (especially with wind) that motor changes its sound, like it is slowing and accelerating, like slow ambulance siren could be related with problem?

@mutha

Everything fine with motor mount, never been broken or damaged, I think that the material and the whole structure began to wear off with time. I put a little hot glue between plastic part of the motor mount and rest of EPO fuselage. I tried with collet but there is just more vibrations with it, damn
zerohr is offline Find More Posts by zerohr
Last edited by zerohr; Feb 28, 2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:40 AM
Australia, NT, Lyons
Joined Oct 2010
618 Posts
I perform acrobatics to make my plane perform aerobatics.
joel0407 is offline Find More Posts by joel0407
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:48 AM
Australia, NSW, Ashby
Joined Jul 2011
219 Posts
Quote:
@eaglescry24

Magnets are still holding good, I think there is no problem with that, but, speaking of motor, I noticed when going full throttle (especially with wind) that motor changes its sound, like it is slowing and accelerating, like slow ambulance siren could be related with problem?

@mutha

Everything fine with motor mount, never been broken or damaged, I think that the material and the whole structure began to wear off with time. I put a little hot glue between plastic part of the motor mount and rest of EPO fuselage. I tried with collet but there is just more vibrations with it, damn
Balance the prop and then re check.
brace is offline Find More Posts by brace
Old Feb 29, 2012, 10:10 PM
Minneapolis, MN
Joined Aug 2009
80 Posts
Quote:
@eaglescry24

@mutha

Long shot but have you done any reprogramming of the ESC lately? I had some problems one time and it was a motor timing issue.
gumby77 is offline Find More Posts by gumby77
Old Mar 01, 2012, 01:28 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,983 Posts
I have misplaced my canopy ... no idea what i did with it ... it is for my rat AXN and I don't want to 'share' with my other plane as it is pristine. Does anyone have any ideas ... like a coke bottle or something that might work as a replacement?? Just don't want things falling out inverted
Old Mar 01, 2012, 02:09 AM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,331 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutha View Post
I have misplaced my canopy ... no idea what i did with it ... it is for my rat AXN and I don't want to 'share' with my other plane as it is pristine. Does anyone have any ideas ... like a coke bottle or something that might work as a replacement?? Just don't want things falling out inverted
Well ..to cite just a few of the ones we have seen in this thread:

JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JLT_GTI; Mar 01, 2012 at 02:14 AM.