HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 18, 2009, 06:38 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
The stock ESC should be able to handle that battery with no problem, but you have to make some major mods to the front-end of the fuselage, I think, to make it fit. This battery might be too big in physical size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calofr
would the stock ESC be able to handle this http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...idProduct=6504 bat?

wait, first off, it fits right?
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 18, 2009, 09:07 AM
An Aussie in Dubai
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2009
266 Posts
Hi AJ,
Thanks for your videos.
In the commentary, you made reference to having fitted gyro/s.
Can you give a quick rundown on where your fitted then, what brand did you uses\ and on pitch, roll or both.
thanks
Peter
pghern is offline Find More Posts by pghern
Old Aug 19, 2009, 12:43 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Gyro's

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghern
Hi AJ,
Thanks for your videos.
In the commentary, you made reference to having fitted gyro/s.
Can you give a quick rundown on where your fitted then, what brand did you uses\ and on pitch, roll or both.
thanks
Peter
I used them for the pitch and roll. But, I don't think the roll gyro is that necessary. HERE is that gyro(s).
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:41 AM
An Aussie in Dubai
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2009
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
I used them for the pitch and roll. But, I don't think the roll gyro is that necessary. HERE is that gyro(s).
AJ
Thanks - I might try these once I get airborne. Where/how did you place them?
Do you have a photo?
Cheers
pghern is offline Find More Posts by pghern
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:09 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Gyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghern
Thanks - I might try these once I get airborne. Where/how did you place them?
Do you have a photo?
Cheers
The picture is the pitch gyro. I used the roll gyro on another plane. The roll gyro went right where the back of the pilots head would hit. See RCPowers.com for all you want to know about gyros.
AJ
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:37 AM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2009
193 Posts
Just putting the finishing touches to the wings. Installed the aileron servos and noticed that the control rod and servo arm protrude out quite a bit. The flying field is mostly grass and I'm concern that the grass may rip off the rods/horns/servos upon landing.
Will installing wing skids like these pictured below help?
jsec1992 is offline Find More Posts by jsec1992
Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:07 PM
Joined Aug 2009
2 Posts
ok i would like to buy one of this, but my big concern is, would the plane perform well on this battery : http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7362
it is actually one of the few in my price range and i tend to like rhino power better than zippy.
Thanks and i hope to get some help.
rolrivera is offline Find More Posts by rolrivera
Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:12 PM
Joined Feb 2009
240 Posts
you will definiteley need 3 cells for this plane two cells are not near enough power. I use the 3 cell 2200 m 20c zippys almost exclusiveley with no problems.
EDGEE400 is offline Find More Posts by EDGEE400
Old Aug 20, 2009, 10:58 PM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Hello people! I am about to buy an Easy Star - problem is, no stockj - anywhere. Now, I can wait a month or so, and get it for $120 (Australian) from a local hobby store, OR... I can get the Floater for $120 (Australian) delivered from HC.

I am going to be using the aircraft for FPV...

So, my question would be - wait for the Easy Star (Better support from a larger number of FPV guys.... replacement parts maybe more available.... Easy Star has more room for the electrics... RangeVideo make a handy EZPod for quick placement of the camera... ), or get the Floater.

Has anyone flown both and can comment? And also, has anyone had good or bad experiences with the Floater with RangeVideo FPV stuff?

Hope you can guide me...
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Aug 20, 2009, 11:13 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cralis
Hello people! I am about to buy an Easy Star - problem is, no stockj - anywhere. Now, I can wait a month or so, and get it for $120 (Australian) from a local hobby store, OR... I can get the Floater for $120 (Australian) delivered from HC.

I am going to be using the aircraft for FPV...

So, my question would be - wait for the Easy Star (Better support from a larger number of FPV guys.... replacement parts maybe more available.... Easy Star has more room for the electrics... RangeVideo make a handy EZPod for quick placement of the camera... ), or get the Floater.

Has anyone flown both and can comment? And also, has anyone had good or bad experiences with the Floater with RangeVideo FPV stuff?

Hope you can guide me...
I own and fly both the EZ* and the CF (floater jet) along with the Easy Fly (HC), EGP (Easy Glider Pro), and Wild Hawk (Harbor Freight). First, the better choice is clearly the EZ* over the CF. The best choice is the EGP over all of them. I would not recommend the CF at all for FPV (although, it would work - there are just better choices out there). These opinions are IMO and for an airplane that is going to be used for FPV. With no FPV or AV, my preferences change. I hope this helps.
AJ
P.S. If you go strictly by popularity, the EZ* wins by a huge margin. That thread is already 559 pages long just for this year!!!!
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:42 AM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
FYI... The CF is back in stock at HC... 48 left and dropping fast..
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:57 AM
I love FPV!
Eastern side of Australia
Joined Jan 2007
4,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
I would not recommend the CF at all for FPV (although, it would work - there are just better choices out there). These opinions are IMO and for an airplane that is going to be used for FPV. With no FPV or AV, my preferences change. I hope this helps.
I've been talked out of it. Ah well... waiting for Multiplex to build me a plane so that shops can get stock again - no idea when that will happen...
Cralis is offline Find More Posts by Cralis
Old Aug 21, 2009, 11:47 PM
Gravity Tester
Central Michigan
Joined May 2003
1,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnimRod
FYI... The CF is back in stock at HC... 48 left and dropping fast..

That didn't take long. All gone again...
KnimRod is offline Find More Posts by KnimRod
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:34 AM
Joined Aug 2009
2 Posts
i know less than a day, shame i couldnt get one today.
-3 today mornig.
rolrivera is offline Find More Posts by rolrivera
Old Aug 22, 2009, 01:29 PM
AD.
Team Better Than Yours
London, UK
Joined Jul 2009
236 Posts
They had about 100 in but they all went within 10 hours
AD. is offline Find More Posts by AD.