SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:43 AM
Prague, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsec1992
OK. Will try this ASAP. I was concern that something may short if I connect the wires randomly. Thank you.

Anyone encountered problems with the messy wires inside getting into the way of the control rods, please let me know what you did to overcome it?

Thanks
I inserted a piece of EPP between servo "trays" to keep cables out of servo arms. Rudder and elevator rods are led though tubes so ailerons and motor cables do not affect them behind the servos in the fuse.
Medvidek is offline Find More Posts by Medvidek
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2009, 03:53 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medvidek
I inserted a piece of EPP between servo "trays" to keep cables out of servo arms. Rudder and elevator rods are led though tubes so ailerons and motor cables do not affect them behind the servos in the fuse.
Nice work! I am sure it will fly just as well. Get videos to share.

AJ

Update: I did some videos at dawn yesterday. I hope to post them correctly this time. I guess they were over 10 minutes (utube) and I got busted. Once I edit them, I will post them again to share.
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Aug 11, 2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2009, 08:11 PM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2009
193 Posts
Hi Medvidek,

Did you have your batt lying flat below the esc? Currently, I have my batt sitting 'vertically' in the slot that I have widened to accomodate the 2200mah batt.

The EPP foam is a good idea. I'll adopt that.

JS
jsec1992 is offline Find More Posts by jsec1992
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:05 AM
Prague, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
Quote:
Hi Medvidek,

Did you have your batt lying flat below the esc? Currently, I have my batt sitting 'vertically' in the slot that I have widened to accomodate the 2200mah batt.

The EPP foam is a good idea. I'll adopt that.

JS
Hello JS,
ESC (yellow device on the left) is located below batt which sit on balsa bed.
Hook and loop tape keeps them on place. Rx is the black device on right.
Medvidek
Old Aug 11, 2009, 11:21 AM
Singapore
Joined Mar 2009
193 Posts
Thanks for the clariifcation, Medvidek. Now I understand. All along, since the earlier pix you put up, I had thought the esc was resting on the batt - but just couldn't figure out how you manage to squeeze it in there - and have it so well hidden too!
jsec1992 is offline Find More Posts by jsec1992
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:35 PM
Joined Jan 2007
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
jsec1992

the y-cable goes through the small hole in the fuse .
the cables push it to the left of the hole, in line with the wing servo cable so the wings fit properly.
You could remove the extensions and lay the connections in the wings (I didn't glue the under side of the wing covers) and let the fuselage hold the cover on. As the wings get installed, I pull the wire down for a clean install.
RCengineer is offline Find More Posts by RCengineer
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:52 PM
Prague, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the clariifcation, Medvidek. Now I understand. All along, since the earlier pix you put up, I had thought the esc was resting on the batt - but just couldn't figure out how you manage to squeeze it in there - and have it so well hidden too!
You have to trim off bulkhead to fit ESC and then slide it from the front to notches made in bulkhead. Check the picture, you can see the bulkhead notch.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 02:22 PM
Eazy does it !!!
Braintree, Essex, UK
Joined Mar 2005
100 Posts
Hi guys.

Been a while since I was last here (waiting for good weather to maiden my AXN)
I've been working away unexpectedly but took my AXN with me and got to maiden it last week.
I have 2 things to say about it.....
1) WOW !!!! What a great plane this is !
2) WOW !!!! Thats a lot of down-thrust under power !

My maiden went quite well. The 1st launch was a bit scary as I didnt expect that much down thrust but after it hit the ground briefly it was soon going vertically upwards
Having not flown for nearly a year (only on my sim) I soon got my thumbs back into it and had a great time doing circuits of a large field (with a few loops thrown in)
Not knowing how long my 1500mah lipo would fly for I landed after 12 mins (more of a belly flop than a landing) and when I charged it, it took back 700mah
My next flight was a bit more adventurous (still hit the ground briefly on launch) and I did some rolls as well as loops.
This flight was in a field with some trees on the perimeter and not having flown for some time, my spacial awareness was a little rusty......
Yup, you guessed it, a tree sucked me in !!!!!
It was right at the top of a 20 meter tree
Without thought and numb to the pain that was to follow I climbed the tree and 10 minutes later I had my AXN in my hand again. It had suffered nothing but a few minor scratches so I checked the controls and launched it once more
Another flight of 7 minutes was had and most enjoyable it was.
I am now waiting for the wind to die down a bit before I fly again, but in the mean time I have fitted a lipo monitor.
Its this one - lipo monitor
but I did a few alterations to it !!
I un-soldered the buzzer and re-soldered it so it was flush to the circuit board.
I then mounted it inside the canopy and drilled a few holes in the canopy (one for the buzzer and one for the light.
I dont plan on running the lipo down to 9.9 volts so the buzzer goes off but at least its a fail-safe if I need it.
AJ - I really like the wheels you have fitted and plan to do the same soon as I plan on mounting my cell phone to the under side to do some ariel video (5 mega pixel @ 320x240).
Below are some pics of my lipo monitor.
Mark Perry is offline Find More Posts by Mark Perry
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:42 PM
Joined Feb 2009
240 Posts
Keep posting guys i am still down without a radio so i am so envious. But love to hear the stories. I am afraid to fly it with the 72 mghz esky radio and hot esc so ill wait for my dx6i to get back or untill i find a really cheap dx5e for now. I really want a dx7 but it will have to wait for a few im moving to ny thur for a new good paying job and im already thinking of which ways to spend the money!!!
EDGEE400 is offline Find More Posts by EDGEE400
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:57 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medvidek
Hello JS,
ESC (yellow device on the left) is located below batt which sit on balsa bed.
Hook and loop tape keeps them on place. Rx is the black device on right.
Medvidek
I just thought I would jump in and tell you that is one really nice installation. I like the little piece that you have in there holding the canopy velcro down, too. You did a GREAT job.
AJ
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:12 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Hi guys.
AJ - I really like the wheels you have fitted and plan to do the same soon as I plan on mounting my cell phone to the under side to do some ariel video (5 mega pixel @ 320x240).
Below are some pics of my lipo monitor.
Thank you for the kind words. The wheels work out perfectly (for me). Meanwhile, I really hate to see you mount that heavy cell phone (and possibly breaking it) on your airplane. I have done a bunch of hours or research and I would strongly suggest that you use one of the following for a camera. They are very cheap and I don't have to lose any sleep at night wondering if you lost or broke your cell phone. The first one is the one I bought because I have many 4gb SD cards laying around. The second one is the same except it has the 4GB built in. Your choice. Both are free shipping. Please pick one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:AAQ:US:1123

I cannot give you any feedback on the actual use of them yet. I just got an email that says they are shipping it to me (from Hong Kong - 2-4 weeks). When I use it, I will put up some videos and pics for sharing and evaluation.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Aug 12, 2009 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Fix URL
Old Aug 12, 2009, 02:48 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,397 Posts
Aj first link shows nothing

I use this one:

pen camera

usb part length 85 mm round 15mm
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Last edited by jaccies; Aug 12, 2009 at 02:55 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 03:03 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
Aj first link shows nothing

I use this one:

pen camera

usb part length 85 mm round 15mm
Yikes - You are right. I went back and corrected the link. Thanks. BTW. I already have that same pen cam that you posted and it does not work for me.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Aug 12, 2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 05:47 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
Yikes - You are right. I went back and corrected the link. Thanks. BTW. I already have that same pen cam that you posted and it does not work for me.
AJ
AJ why does the pen cam not work for you ?
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Aug 12, 2009, 05:54 AM
R.I.P, Aardvark.
Holt, MI
Joined Jan 2009
1,554 Posts
I noticed that Hobby King has the FlyCamOne2 on Flash Sale.
F-111 John is offline Find More Posts by F-111 John