HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2009, 05:51 AM
Luzern/Switzerland
Joined Aug 2008
2,894 Posts
Hello guys

I just got my AXN Floater Jet a few days ago..problem is there are a few parts missing from the package which HC will send me in my current order.

Now the motor is a 2200kv engine right?Does HC has a motor that is equivalent which would fit on it? Like a more powerful one?

That prop saver thing is a bit new to me..first time I have a plane with that setup..now I choose a plug on the 2 big hole ..it looks like 2 steps ..a bigger one and a smaller one ..I used to put a adaptor ring on the bigger one and then attached the prop to it and used the prop saver ring..

Now it is still a little bit movable,is that normal?
Won't it come off in the air?

Thanks
neversommer is offline Find More Posts by neversommer
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 02, 2009, 06:49 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
That site has LESS information than the HC site. And, they are the manufacturer. You would think they would give more info.
AJ
thats right its not well done by the manufacturer lol
but he asked for dimensions ,
to get complete info
check this one : tower pro motors
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Aug 02, 2009, 07:03 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neversommer
Hello guys

I just got my AXN Floater Jet a few days ago..problem is there are a few parts missing from the package which HC will send me in my current order.
Now the motor is a 2200kv engine right?Does HC has a motor that is equivalent which would fit on it? Like a more powerful one?

That prop saver thing is a bit new to me..first time I have a plane with that setup..now I choose a plug on the 2 big hole ..it looks like 2 steps ..a bigger one and a smaller one ..I used to put a adaptor ring on the bigger one and then attached the prop to it and used the prop saver ring..

Now it is still a little bit movable,is that normal?
Won't it come off in the air?
Thanks
No according the manufacturer the motor is an 2208N with 1130kv
You need a more powerfull motor for this airplane??....no need for at all
you want a rocket lol??
HC tells this is the equivalent with 1070kv:
motor

original propsaver is OK to use , i use 2 O-rings to fit the prop
Old Aug 02, 2009, 07:08 AM
Prague, Czech Republic
Joined Mar 2009
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDGEE400
I wouldnt recomend putting the esc under the batt cause they both will get hot. I put the esc behind the servos in the fuselage it will help balance it with the 2200 batt also put the receiver there also. I too use a dx6i and i use the y connectors but to each his own i like the extra channel available to add stuff.
I didn't like to place neither ESC nor Rx to the fuselage behind the servos because of very limited space there and obvious problem to prevent movement during the flights. I didn't like to place ESC neither close to battery because they are both heat producing devices nor to the nose because of damage risk by hard landings. But life is life and due to space available in fuse I had to place ESC to the nose and under battery. I had to trim off piece of side part to accommodate battery. I glued a piece of balsa to support battery as well as to reinforce fuse. I made about 5 flights so far each about 20 minutes and battery remained cool and ESC was lukewarm even in hot summer day - to be honest most of flying was at 1/4 throttle except take offs.
Medvidek is offline Find More Posts by Medvidek
Last edited by Medvidek; Aug 07, 2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old Aug 02, 2009, 07:09 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
370 Posts
grab a suppo 2212-06 for slightly faster than stock performance, anything from hobbyking is slower unfortunately. my suppo came with a collet adaptor, its much quieter than the propsaver
NinetySix is offline Find More Posts by NinetySix
Old Aug 02, 2009, 03:00 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetySix
grab a suppo 2212-06 for slightly faster than stock performance, anything from hobbyking is slower unfortunately. my suppo came with a collet adaptor, its much quieter than the propsaver
This is absolutely not true. There are many motors that will work on the AXN from hobby city. HERE is just one that I use and it makes as much horsepower as you might want. The suppo 2212-06 is a wimp compared to the 2409-12t.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Last edited by ajbaker; Aug 02, 2009 at 05:50 PM.
Old Aug 02, 2009, 03:23 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1,375 Posts
Quote:
This is absolutely not true. There are many motors that will work on the AXN from hobby city. HERE is just one that I use and it makes as much horsepower as you might want. The suppo 2212-06 is a wimp compared to the 2409-12t.
AJ
AJ..wrong link???
Old Aug 02, 2009, 05:51 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
AJ..wrong link???
Oops. Dumb thumbs. This is the correct link.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4710
I corrected the other post.
AJ
Old Aug 03, 2009, 12:52 AM
An Aussie in Dubai
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2009
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
No according the manufacturer the motor is an 2208N with 1130kv
You need a more powerfull motor for this airplane??....no need for at all
you want a rocket lol??
HC tells this is the equivalent with 1070kv:
motor

original propsaver is OK to use , i use 2 O-rings to fit the prop
The manufacturers info is a bit confusing.
On the Clouds Fly page it shows
"Motor: Out runner brushless motor: 2208N 2200 KV"
but in the manual it shows Model no. AX-2208N which, from the Motor Page shows 1130kv.
Go figure!!
pghern is offline Find More Posts by pghern
Old Aug 03, 2009, 03:08 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghern
The manufacturers info is a bit confusing.
On the Clouds Fly page it shows
"Motor: Out runner brushless motor: 2208N 2200 KV"
but in the manual it shows Model no. AX-2208N which, from the Motor Page shows 1130kv.
Go figure!!
After a lot of research over the last few months, I concluded that it is a 2200kv. As always, I reserve the right to be wrong.
AJ
Old Aug 03, 2009, 05:54 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
AJ: What size prop are you spinning with this motor? I had also replaced the motor on mine with this one, using a 6x4 prop; but IMO, it doesn't give it enough oomph. I was contemplating to use an 8x4 prop, which is the recommended prop for the motor, but it requires cutting the fuselage to make a channel for the prop. I don't really want to do this because it might weaken the fuselage and it will not look good aesthetically.

LG
Quote:
Oops. Dumb thumbs. This is the correct link.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=4710
I corrected the other post.
AJ
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Old Aug 03, 2009, 06:10 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
370 Posts
Quote:
AJ
the only test data I can see shows upto equal thrust with less pitch speed from the towerpro 2409-12 compared to a suppo/greyson 2212-06 spinning a 6x4E prop, which fits the CF just fine .... how much do you have to chop out of the fuse to fit a 8x4 prop?

I love hobbycity as much as the next guy getting yelled at by the mrs for having RC parts in every room of his house, but sometimes it pays to shop elsewhere
NinetySix is offline Find More Posts by NinetySix
Old Aug 03, 2009, 08:58 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
WH radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyedgar
Hey I was wondering if it is possible to use a wild hawk receiver and radio on the axn. can it be so?...
Well, actually, you can use a WH radio in the AXN. Simply tape the rudder in place and fly it with AET. I hardly ever use the rudder anyhow.
AJ
Old Aug 03, 2009, 09:05 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetySix
the only test data I can see shows upto equal thrust with less pitch speed from the towerpro 2409-12 compared to a suppo/greyson 2212-06 spinning a 6x4E prop, which fits the CF just fine .... how much do you have to chop out of the fuse to fit a 8x4 prop?

I love hobbycity as much as the next guy getting yelled at by the mrs for having RC parts in every room of his house, but sometimes it pays to shop elsewhere
I have never used an 8x4 prop and I never said I did. The 8x3.8 is just part of the package linked above. I use a TGS 7x5 prop and it gives the best Watts/per pound of all the props I have tried. I do not recommend cutting a notch in the fuse for anyone since it is one of the weak spots of the fuse. I flew the AXN with the 2212-06 and found it came up short in both power and flight time. The motor works fairly well in a slow stick.
AJ
Old Aug 03, 2009, 11:13 PM
Iowa
Joined Jan 2006
94 Posts
Quote:
I have never used an 8x4 prop and I never said I did. The 8x3.8 is just part of the package linked above. I use a TGS 7x5 prop and it gives the best Watts/per pound of all the props I have tried. I do not recommend cutting a notch in the fuse for anyone since it is one of the weak spots of the fuse. I flew the AXN with the 2212-06 and found it came up short in both power and flight time. The motor works fairly well in a slow stick.
AJ

Actually you did say that you use an 8 x 4 prop.

Quote:
For crusing around the sky, I use THIS one. For muscle, I use an APC 8x4 trimmed to just barely miss the fuselage.
AJ
Warsaw is offline Find More Posts by Warsaw