HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2011, 12:14 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
HK ordering

Yesterday I tried twelve [12] times to order 2 items , went thru and checked off EMS PAY PAL AND ACCEPT HK policies then continue and every dern time it cycles right back to start. I cleaned up cookies etc last night and cut pc off

Today , I tried ordering once again , cliking on diff shipping methods , diff payment options etc still it goes right back to start .

I have sent them two e mails [ to cust service ] and been on Live chat twice with no success

Their prices may be good that is until you add in shipping so best to buy FROM GOOD OLE USA COMPANIES AND BE done with it !!

I was able to order the AXN last week and it has been shipped

.............te
Tom Eutsler is offline Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2011, 01:10 PM
Joined Jul 2011
45 Posts
on hobby king all the reviws are five stera
rc me is offline Find More Posts by rc me
Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:07 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
You might even want to try a different plane that is "like" the CF. Several of us in this thread own one. It is really intended for FPV. I hope it is OK to post in here. Ah heck, I will anyhow. 2500GENE will never find out. The Bixler is a great FPV plane because that is what it was intended for. It has about twice the area of the CF in the fuselage. Take a look at it HERE AND HERE - cool pictures and video. Oh. HERE is the thread if I have your interest. Those guys over there will help you out with ANYTHING you might want to know. Enjoy...
AJ
Don't forget that Banana Hobby has the Sky Surfer which is the Bixler at a good price and they are a US dealer. I know BH has had some problems in the past but they have cleaned up their act and in my opinion are still far more reliable than HK.
TopSpin is offline Find More Posts by TopSpin
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:14 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Eutsler View Post
Hi anyone have a suggestion for ESC replacement in the AXN

Thanks ..............te
There are lots of these available from multiple sources, here are my suggestions: http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...products_id=70

This is the one I would get: http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...oducts_id=1489
Old Jul 13, 2011, 03:32 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Hk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
There are lots of these available from multiple sources, here are my suggestions: http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...products_id=70

This is the one I would get: http://www.lowpricerc.com/product_in...oducts_id=1489
Thanks for the note I just got a note from HK " sorry for inconvience etc and everything worked on their end and that I shud get another computer" and I replied that I was not buying another Win 7 $1500.00 computer just to order 70 bucks worth of stuff - besides there are local companies that I can git the same or similar , maybe for bit more bucks and have it in 3 days "

...te
Old Jul 13, 2011, 04:14 PM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Eutsler View Post
Thanks for the note I just got a note from HK " sorry for inconvience etc and everything worked on their end and that I shud get another computer" and I replied that I was not buying another Win 7 $1500.00 computer just to order 70 bucks worth of stuff - besides there are local companies that I can git the same or similar , maybe for bit more bucks and have it in 3 days "

...te
That's a bummer, maybe your security settings are too tight. Just a guess, but unlikely it's the computer, although I think my wife would like to hack mine so I can't buy anything LOL.

A lot of guys where I fly use the Volcano brand ESCs from Hobbypartz. Gets here in a less than a week. Chinese but shippped from West Coast USA. Shipping is free if over $25 I believe.

These ESCs are ok workhorses but not state of the art.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:21 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
Don't forget that Banana Hobby has the Sky Surfer which is the Bixler at a good price and they are a US dealer. I know BH has had some problems in the past but they have cleaned up their act and in my opinion are still far more reliable than HK.
There are literally 1000's (3000+ and climbing somewhere) of people that would disagree with you. It got so bad on their support thread they closed it. They are doing better with the order to ship time. But, if you have ANY problem at all, customer service is a joke. Yours is the 1st positive comment about them that I have read for years. I am still constantly amazed that they are still in business.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:23 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
Duplicate.
Last edited by ajbaker; Jul 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2011, 06:25 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
That's a bummer, maybe your security settings are too tight. Just a guess, but unlikely it's the computer, although I think my wife would like to hack mine so I can't buy anything LOL.

A lot of guys where I fly use the Volcano brand ESCs from Hobbypartz. Gets here in a less than a week. Chinese but shippped from West Coast USA. Shipping is free if over $25 I believe.

These ESCs are ok workhorses but not state of the art.
+1. I get mine from targethobby.com. Occasionally they have a fantastic sale on them and I get a couple dozen from them. I have not had a single problem with the HW ESC's. Still, though, if I am putting an ESC in a good plane, I use the Turnigy Sentry. For an expensive plane, I use CC ESC's (the Rolls-Royce of ESC's IMO).
AJ
Old Jul 14, 2011, 10:29 AM
United States, TX
Joined May 2011
92 Posts
Deleted
04rdking is offline Find More Posts by 04rdking
Last edited by 04rdking; Jul 15, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:54 AM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
773 Posts
Nanna Hobby

Quote:
There are literally 1000's (3000+ and climbing somewhere) of people that would disagree with you. It got so bad on their support thread they closed it. They are doing better with the order to ship time. But, if you have ANY problem at all, customer service is a joke. Yours is the 1st positive comment about them that I have read for years. I am still constantly amazed that they are still in business.
AJ
I second that in a heart beat . Bannana Hobby
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:09 PM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Joe Nall eWeek

I'll be at this with a bunch of my planes including the CF. Should be fun!

http://www.joenall.com/eweek/eweek.htm
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jul 14, 2011, 01:18 PM
Suspended Account
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jul 2005
2,490 Posts
Quote:
AJ
Unfortunately customer service is a complete joke with the Hong Kong Chinese vendor, in fact it's worse than that but if you like to gamble it can be fun to roll the dice once in a while.

I would only buy from Banana if they have something I really want and a good price. I had a problem with them last year but got it resolved without too much trouble. I still don't trust them 100 percent but more than Hong Kong only because I go to LA pretty often so I can deal with them in person if I need to.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 06:02 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,697 Posts
...rebuilding a new cloudsfly (after a deadly crash last week). Hopefully i'll be done tomorrow, so I can do some flying this weekend.
I dislike the glueing. It's runny sticky stuff, and i tend to mess up everything.
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Jul 15, 2011, 01:44 AM
RC Airplane (Recently Crashed)
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2011
2,554 Posts
AXN Floater Jet (Clouds Fly) Wings Fall Off!

Well I have heard of it on the thread but now I have done it ...

A spectacular nose down float with both wings acting as rotors!! You can only stand there and watch .....

Lucky escape with minimal damage ... I am so going to Tape the wings or Glue them from now on ...

Be warned secure your wings ... there are heaps of ideas on this thread to do this and I wish I hadn't been so cocky
mutha is online now Find More Posts by mutha