Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 18, 2009, 03:40 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
You can get brushless motors for 10 bucks retail.

They are likely using their $3 servos.

An easystar ARF costs 60 ARF.

AXN is nice but its not a huge bargain compared to the easy star either. IMO of course.

With that said, Id rather have the AXN.

All about perspective.
inline300 is offline Find More Posts by inline300
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2009, 04:03 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
axn vs easy star

I just have to get my 2 cents in. Lets compare apples to apples. The Easy Star ARF (with motor and servos) is 123.00 here. The AXN is $104 w/shipping and the quality of the AXN is superior to the EZ and it comes with ailerons and a brushed motor! So, the AXN is cheaper and already modifed to BL. Easy choice..
AJ
P.S. I have an AXN on order now. My EZ needs to be retired.
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Feb 18, 2009, 04:12 PM
Austin, TX, 78746
Joined Nov 2008
292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker
I just have to get my 2 cents in. Lets compare apples to apples. The Easy Star ARF (with motor and servos) is 123.00 here. The AXN is $104 w/shipping and the quality of the AXN is superior to the EZ and it comes with ailerons and a brushed motor! So, the AXN is cheaper and already modifed to BL. Easy choice..
AJ
I will be interested to see what you think. I have both now. I still do not have the Axn airworthy yet. Tried to fly it today but there was a balance problem. I am new pilot so I was afraid to go all out. I just tried to get a gentle power glide. It did not perform so well. but i am hopeful i can get it trimed out and balanced properly. It looks good but it is not as rugged as the easystar.

the brushless motor is powerful but it has a god aweful whine to it. Still it is a good bargain for $100 bucks but a new pilot would be better off with easystar as i think it is easier to fly and it is certainly more durable.
Just an opinion from a newbie that crashes everything i get my hands on!!!
donaldrtaylor is offline Find More Posts by donaldrtaylor
Old Feb 18, 2009, 05:30 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,048 Posts
Guys

Ill have some more news RE the model tonight. It's good!

Let me run, I have a few things to take care of before I post.

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Old Feb 18, 2009, 05:44 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D
Guys

Tommy D
We are waiting with baited breath. I want to get another one for my son.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Feb 18, 2009, 06:06 PM
Wakka Wakka
Joined Jun 2008
962 Posts
Quote:
Guys
Tommy D
Stop Teasing Us Tommy!!!!!........ LOL

Do whatever you need to get done and come back to us PRONTO!! ROFL

I can't wait! I've got my credit card in my hand right now!!

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
FozzyTheBear is offline Find More Posts by FozzyTheBear
Old Feb 18, 2009, 06:34 PM
Joined Dec 2007
1,059 Posts
Quote:
We are waiting with baited breath. I want to get another one for my son.
AJ
If you're really in a hurry, it seems anyone can order these directly from the maker in China. Did you not see this post? That is the mfg'r. Though I don't know if they'll bother selling to you unless you're willing to buy several at a time (10, 20?). I know they'll sell you 50. Of course like anything, they'll give you a better price for the more you buy at once. So if you want that many, email them and see what kind of a deal you can get. May not end up too much cheaper than HC to be worth the hassle/risk.
BrianL is offline Find More Posts by BrianL
Old Feb 18, 2009, 07:21 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,048 Posts
Ok Guys here goes nothing.

Philip @ PW-RC is the fellow who you should contact in regard to these models.

Philip has been very helpful to me in the past obtaining models that would otherwise never have had made it to the USA.

From what I am to understand the first batch of models will NOT be RTR. Rather it will be the airframe and motor only. That's really good news for guys like myself who have the gear set aside already. My hope is the fuse will not be joined and we can place the servos as we wish.

For the guys who need parts Philip stocks soup to nuts what you need to get this bird in the air.

Best of all in the past Philip has been very fair in his shipping quotes. I can't see why HC feels this model costs 40-60 USD. Ill bet Philip does us right on shipping folks.

So that's where we are. Philip is awaiting his first batch of kits as I type this. If you want one, I advise you contact him ASAP.

Tommy D

P.S. Yes, you can contact AXN. They have no problem selling to whomever. That said the Min purchase is 10 Cartons <60 pieces> so I hope you crash an awful lot!
Old Feb 18, 2009, 09:32 PM
Wakka Wakka
Joined Jun 2008
962 Posts
Quote:
OK, thanks for the web link Tommy, I'll be sure to check them out when he's showing them as in stock.

I did have a quick look round his site, but from what I could see, most of his stuff is more expensive than the Hobby King price... I'll wait and see what these come in at.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Old Feb 19, 2009, 12:57 AM
Joined Jun 2007
2,152 Posts
I agree that $100 dollars is a good price compared to an easystar. However the weight they list is higher than the actual weight. They are making some profit off the shipping. I do not like this practice. For me its an ethical issue.
whilrybird is offline Find More Posts by whilrybird
Old Feb 19, 2009, 06:59 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Quote:
AJ
Thats like comparing a rotten apple to a freshly waxed apple.

The easystar can be found elsewhere for $60.

And quality discussions thus far have been equivalent not superior, unless you consider smooth finish a trait of superiority.

I could easily say, well, I replace my easystar motor/esc with the inexpensive brushless product, now I have an equivalent product at a simillar price, yet I have an extra motor/esc that I could apply to another project. As suggested earlier, the axn doesnt come with a 50 dollar brushless motor.

If we were discussing a 60dollar easystar as compared to a 65 dollar axn both with legit shipping, then you bet your ass, the AXN would win in my mind, hands down, no questions asked.

Perspective.

Id still want the AXN but Im not under any illusion either.
Last edited by inline300; Feb 19, 2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:12 AM
Joined Jan 2009
1,576 Posts
Quote:

Philip @ PW-RC is the fellow who you should contact in regard to these models.

How much?
Old Feb 19, 2009, 09:54 AM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,048 Posts
Hi Julian

Lets face it no one is going to beat the prices at HC. If you can come withing say 5-10% of them you have done well.

That said I don't think anyone thinks the price of the AXN was out of line. It was the shipping that was over the top <perhaps how HC makes some cash!>.

So that said I would expect that Phil will blow HCs shipping price out of the water.

Also when it comes to service HC is no match for Philip. In most instances he answers E-Mails very quickly.

Tommy D
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:03 AM
Wakka Wakka
Joined Jun 2008
962 Posts
Quote:
Hi Julian

Lets face it no one is going to beat the prices at HC. If you can come withing say 5-10% of them you have done well.

That said I don't think anyone thinks the price of the AXN was out of line. It was the shipping that was over the top <perhaps how HC makes some cash!>.

So that said I would expect that Phil will blow HCs shipping price out of the water.

Also when it comes to service HC is no match for Philip. In most instances he answers E-Mails very quickly.

Tommy D
Fair comment Tommy...... Lets hang fire and see what price and shipping he comes in with.

Best Regards,
Julian (Fozzy The Bear)
Old Feb 19, 2009, 10:04 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
So Tommy,

is the AXN going to be listed on his website or is it a special deal where we have to contact him to order?

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap