Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
motor stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
I finally ordered the 2212 motor...

Anyone uses it? Whats the recomended prop for it? the stock 5X5? or its worth going up to 6X4 or maybe 6X5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
I have the RCTimer 2826-6 2200kv on my AXN. With a 6x4E it performs well without FPV gear. Mine will not climb vertical.
Golly, those motors sure come up often. The 2212-6 and the 2826-6 are identical motors. I have several of both and they test identically with various props on both motors. APC 6x4EP is the best for both speed and thrust.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2011, 09:47 AM
United States, TX
Joined May 2011
92 Posts
Just an FYI. If anyone is interested, I am selling a NIB HawkSky.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466869
04rdking is offline Find More Posts by 04rdking
Old Jul 07, 2011, 01:46 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
831 Posts
Org Prop Replacement

Any suggestions for a prop to use with the org motor ? I am not looking for more speed
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

I place an order with HK , two days ago their time and I see it still is not
processed? What are they waiting on ?

...........te
Tom Eutsler is offline Find More Posts by Tom Eutsler
Old Jul 07, 2011, 02:24 PM
Canada, NS, Halifax
Joined Feb 2010
7,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Eutsler View Post
Any suggestions for a prop to use with the org motor ? I am not looking for more speed

I place an order with HK , two days ago their time and I see it still is not
processed? What are they waiting on ?

...........te
The kit comes with 2 props as I recall. I've not managed to break one yet, it is fairly protected up on the rear.
flitelab is offline Find More Posts by flitelab
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 07, 2011, 03:04 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
...........te
TGS 5x5E. Get a suitable adapter.
AJ
Old Jul 07, 2011, 03:29 PM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
831 Posts
Prop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
TGS 5x5E. Get a suitable adapter.
AJ
THANKS AJ

................te
Old Jul 07, 2011, 03:57 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
Golly, those motors sure come up often. The 2212-6 and the 2826-6 are identical motors. I have several of both and they test identically with various props on both motors. APC 6x4EP is the best for both speed and thrust.
AJ
Thanks...

any ideas of what it is compared to the stock CF motor?

Actually .. after the experience with the Aeronaut 9X4 vs the Chinese ACME 9X5 prop (in short: ACME prop broke free.. snaped one motor shaft, had one bad nut wich had to be replaced and loosed one blade in flight) wich pulled more amps and so it seems that generates more speed/thrust.. im thinking in buying a brand 6X4 rather than a chinese HK one.. maybe it will show difference there
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Jul 07, 2011, 04:06 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
[QUOTE=JLT_GTI;18699025]Thanks...

/QUOTE]

HUGE Difference:

Stock:
6x3 MaS
16.02 Ap
11.02 Vm
178.4 Wp

2826-6 (or 2212-6):
6x4EP APC
27.18 Ap
11.14 Vm
309.0 Wp

Vertical anyone?
AJ
Old Jul 07, 2011, 04:12 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,301 Posts
[QUOTE=ajbaker;18699101]
Quote:
Thanks...

/QUOTE]

HUGE Difference:

Stock:
6x3 MaS
16.02 Ap
11.02 Vm
178.4 Wp

2826-6 (or 2212-6):
6x4EP APC
27.18 Ap
11.14 Vm
309.0 Wp

Vertical anyone?
AJ
Wow.. yeah .. im looking for increased performance from stock.. both in speed/thrust (or at least in one of them ..) .. tought my stock setup with the 5X5 produced arround 20A ... granted it was with the cheap amp-meter wich may not be reliable as comented before

Im using a 30A turnigy plush with the CF right now... with that new setup would be it still be safe?
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Jul 07, 2011, 04:25 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:

Wow.. yeah .. im looking for increased performance from stock.. both in speed/thrust (or at least in one of them ..) .. tought my stock setup with the 5X5 produced arround 20A ... granted it was with the cheap amp-meter wich may not be reliable as comented before

Im using a 30A turnigy plush with the CF right now... with that new setup would be it still be safe?
Yes.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Jul 08, 2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2011, 10:59 AM
Asheville,NC
Joined Jun 2002
831 Posts
Hobby king order

Since ordering from HK , and order still in processing for days ?? I wrote em a note of when I could expect to see order was filled and movin this way

I rc'd a note from HK yesterday that they had been overwhelmed by e mails and would not be able to answer any of them til May 16 th duh . Wonder if they meant to say 2012?

Today , Kyle from HK , who had read my note , stating order was being filled. On checking my order just now , still in "processing". I may get my AXN this year or ?

We are spoiled by companies like HH , who kick butt and get order out and on it's way

No sense in getting excited when ordering from HK

...te
Old Jul 08, 2011, 11:17 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Since ordering from HK , and order still in processing for days ?? I wrote em a note of when I could expect to see order was filled and movin this way

I rc'd a note from HK yesterday that they had been overwhelmed by e mails and would not be able to answer any of them til May 16 th duh . Wonder if they meant to say 2012?

Today , Kyle from HK , who had read my note , stating order was being filled. On checking my order just now , still in "processing". I may get my AXN this year or ?

We are spoiled by companies like HH , who kick butt and get order out and on it's way

No sense in getting excited when ordering from HK

...te
If you want it in a hurry, order it shipped EMS (extra cost, of course). That makes everything go faster. STill though, If you want it in a hurry order it (whatever it is) from one of the established vendors that we all recommend. At best, HK will always be slow. I order thousands of dollars of stuff from them. The way I work it is to always be about 3-4 planes behind. Then, the wait isn't even noticed. If you are a "right now" sort of guy (like millions of us), then, I totally support you in buying parts elsewhere.
AJ
Old Jul 08, 2011, 03:46 PM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,050 Posts
I used the Air Parcel (UNITED STATES) 2500g - 2999g shipping option, which was $36.54.

My order took 1.5 weeks to get packed and leave the warehouse. But after leaving the warehouse, it only took 7 calendar days to ship from Hong Kong to California. It's a chunk of change for shipping, but that's a long way and a pretty large package.
TwoHeadsBrewing is offline Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UHF / 1.3ghz Relay Stations
Old Jul 08, 2011, 06:31 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
I used the Air Parcel (UNITED STATES) 2500g - 2999g shipping option, which was $36.54.

My order took 1.5 weeks to get packed and leave the warehouse. But after leaving the warehouse, it only took 7 calendar days to ship from Hong Kong to California. It's a chunk of change for shipping, but that's a long way and a pretty large package.
For HK, that is pretty fast. Like most other folks know, don't depend on that for future orders.
AJ
Old Jul 08, 2011, 06:35 PM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post

Let us all know what you think of the servo/ESC/motor items. Especially, how many flights the servos last. If it is at all like what most of us experience, the life of the stock servos will not be good. But, maybe they have put later improved servos in yours. If you believe that, I want to sell you a bridge.
AJ
Last edited by ajbaker; Jul 08, 2011 at 07:00 PM.