HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:28 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,276 Posts
I think i did it the hard way i soldered on new connectors,then busted my brain trying to think of how i connected it up last time.
pappy1 is offline Find More Posts by pappy1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:31 AM
Firepower
North Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
3,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
For me, it is almost impossible to tell. Can you take a couple more pictures from the side views and 45 degree off of your current picture? Oh. here is a picture that might help you now and in the future.
AJ
Bit technical - the lettering on the prop would be all he needs.
Firepower is offline Find More Posts by Firepower
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:31 AM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing View Post
I made a mark at 45mm and another at 55mm from the LE of the wing. This is just about in the middle of the foam cover over the wing spar. The plane usually balances closest to the 45mm mark.
This plane flies best at 53mm from LE. You get longer flight times and the elevator stay perfectly level. You might even have to mix in a little tiny bit of up elevator at WOT. Aerobatics are great fun then, too. But, for just gliding around, that is the perfect setting. After 400+ flights on my current CF, I can tell if the CG is even moved 1mm. You too, will get to know your plane that well.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:34 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firepower View Post
Bit technical - the lettering on the prop would be all he needs.
The lettering on the prop is meaningless. Different manufacturers put the writing on different sides of the props. In fact, on the very first CF's from HK they put on a no-name prop with the numbers on the back. When the new props were delivered, a lot of people got it wrong. The drawing I gave his has traveled all around the world and is accepted as the easiest way to determine the correct direction of a prop. Also, I certainly doubt that it is too technical for anyone. If it was, Perhaps they should seek another hobby.
AJ
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:35 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy1 View Post
iItook the prop off, so i not sure about the correct way.
Let me ask your directly. Is the picture I gave you too technical for you to understand?
AJ
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:37 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,276 Posts
Thanks guys its on correct, by both of your explanations.Its the stock prop that came with it.
Aj ,it is not to technical to understand even after a few beers it is clear as day
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:38 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Hello fellow flyers,long time since ive posted in this thread.Ive got a problem that i should know how to fix but atm i just cant get my head around it (only had two beers) When i first got the axn,the esc was stuffed so i had too replace it, i used a turnigy plush 30amp,replaced it no problems, was not a hassle as far as i remember.Anyway couple weeks ago i took it out in anticipation of using it in another plane i was going to get,but i didnt get it,so i have gone to put it back in the axn,and just cant see how i can get it pysically connected.
Some pictures would be a great help.
AJ
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:40 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,276 Posts
Ok give me a second i was being lazy and just grabbed that one from the find all off my attachments link,in my rcgroups account
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:41 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,190 Posts
Quote:
The lettering on the prop is meaningless. Different manufacturers put the writing on different sides of the props. In fact, on the very first CF's from HK they put on a no-name prop with the numbers on the back. When the new props were delivered, a lot of people got it wrong. The drawing I gave his has traveled all around the world and is accepted as the easiest way to determine the correct direction of a prop. Also, I certainly doubt that it is too technical for anyone. If it was, Perhaps they should seek another hobby.
AJ

From the photo I could see it was an original prop. I just checked with an original one and checked the lettering.

So from his first post (after a few drinks) I thought this would be the best way to comment. It is a great drawing and I completely understand it.

All the best.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:42 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Usually it is clock wise looking from the tail. So I guess the prop has not been taken off and it is on the right way.

When looking at the front part of the prop it has to cut into the air. Have a look you should be able to see but the easiest way if the wind comes out the back you have it right.

That is exactly what I am doing at the moment - replacing the speed controller but doing it the hard way. I'll put a photo up when I am finished.
If you turn a prop around backwards, the wind still blows the same way (but not as efficiently). I am surprised you did not know that. Try it.
AJ
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:44 AM
VAPORIZED
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2010
1,276 Posts
I fixed that problem aj,just unwound the motor wires around the motor which gave me a few more cms to be able to reach the connectors,or you want a photo of the prop?
Old Jun 29, 2011, 08:49 AM
Firepower
Joined Mar 2010
3,190 Posts
Quote:
If you turn a prop around backwards, the wind still blows the same way (but not as efficiently). I am surprised you did not know that. Try it.
AJ
Yeh - I stuffed that one as it is getting late over this way. I thought about it twice but the brain died. That is why people complain their plane goes too slow but the wind still comes out the back.

You keep saying to replace the original ESC but I say the NEW 25amp ones are all right. But you got your way as I am currently putting the ESC on top of the body like the Easy* so stupid not to change the ESC I suppose.

I'll have a Turnigy 30amp on in a few minutes with a Turnigy 3amp BEC seeing I am putting in a FY20.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:34 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
I fixed that problem aj,just unwound the motor wires around the motor which gave me a few more cms to be able to reach the connectors,or you want a photo of the prop?
Nope. If you got it sorted out, that is all that is necessary.
AJ
Old Jun 29, 2011, 09:36 AM
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Quote:
Yeh - I stuffed that one as it is getting late over this way. I thought about it twice but the brain died. That is why people complain their plane goes too slow but the wind still comes out the back.

You keep saying to replace the original ESC but I say the NEW 25amp ones are all right. But you got your way as I am currently putting the ESC on top of the body like the Easy* so stupid not to change the ESC I suppose.

I'll have a Turnigy 30amp on in a few minutes with a Turnigy 3amp BEC seeing I am putting in a FY20.
You are tired..... you are very tired..... close your eyes.... imagine you are in a vast grassland.... you are very tired..... your muscles are all relaxed..... listen to the soothing sound of my voice......
I think it is time for you to go visit the sandman...
AJ
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:17 AM
Moderately Dangerous
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Apr 2011
1,057 Posts
Thanks AJBaker. I've moved the ESC to behind the servos and also moved the battery back to as close as I can get it to the servos while still allowing movement. I'm hoping this will solve the issue, but if not I may look into getting a new 1800mah battery. I haven't had a chance to fly due to t-storms yesterday (wth, it's June in CA!). Today is looking decent though, so hopefully I will be able to get out and test the modifications.

Quote:
Great plan. Do NOT move the elevator to compensate for a bad CG. You will introduce problems that you do not want to deal with. Two things come to mind - On a snap roll, the plane will fall out of the sky so much you might not be able to recover and, if you try to "slip" the plane, it will fall into an unrecoverable spin. Ask me how I know these things. They cost me one airplane for trying to modify aerodynamics. Modifying the accepted balance procedures is a very bad idea. Moving the battery is a great idea. But, I suggest that you try something simple first. Put an 1800mah nano-tech battery in the plane and it will balance right where you want it (50-55mm
from LE) as described in the manual. A slightly tail heavy plane is better for beginners. A very nose heavy plane is a crash waiting to happen. BTW- If you really want to keep the 2200 and move it external, it should end up right above (below would not be good) the servos. Keep us posted on your fix. You are certainly on the right path IMO.
AJ
TwoHeadsBrewing is offline Find More Posts by TwoHeadsBrewing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UHF / 1.3ghz Relay Stations