HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 27, 2009, 06:13 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
Highly recommend the Gyro not just on the AXN, but on any plane

Tested the gyro and it works so well that I decided to buy a few more to put in my other planes... Just can't beat the awesome price of $12.65 and the free shipping to top it off...
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 27, 2009, 06:50 PM
Argue for your limitations
Lincoln, CA
Joined Oct 2006
8,422 Posts
Gyros

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleG
Tested the gyro and it works so well that I decided to buy a few more to put in my other planes... Just can't beat the awesome price of $12.65 and the free shipping to top it off...
If you buy two or more, it is easy to find them on ebay for $12 ea w/free shipping.
AJ
ajbaker is offline Find More Posts by ajbaker
Old Jun 28, 2009, 09:57 AM
USA, NC, Earl
Joined Jan 2009
59 Posts
replacement parts

Hey Guys
I am still hanging around,I have been trying the stryker thing lately, but you need really fast thumbs for it.
The CF is turning out to be my most relaxing plane , with the gryo taking the stress level down a notch.
Now my question, has anyone found a source for replacement parts, wings, fuse , tail.
I have glue and carbon, over glue and carbon, on most of the fuse.
I think I could build a very good plane now with the right parts to start with If I could find a base to start with, OR , are we stuck with buying a ARF from hobbycity.

Thanks
PS I really like this suppo motor, even if I am still a NooB.
suppo motor
nova50073 is offline Find More Posts by nova50073
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:30 AM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Jan 2007
1,532 Posts
You can definitely scratch build your own planes and, in fact, I've used those wings from those chuck gliders you can buy from grocery stores to build twin-boom gliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova50073
Hey Guys
I am still hanging around,I have been trying the stryker thing lately, but you need really fast thumbs for it.
The CF is turning out to be my most relaxing plane , with the gryo taking the stress level down a notch.
Now my question, has anyone found a source for replacement parts, wings, fuse , tail.
I think I could build a very good plane now with the right parts to start with If I could find a base to start with, OR , are we stuck with buying a ARF from hobbycity.

Thanks
suppo motor
LittleG is offline Find More Posts by LittleG
Last edited by LittleG; Jun 28, 2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 10:57 AM
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
replacement parts

I wouldn't hold my breath for spare parts for any Hobby King plane. I have a Easy Fly 2m. glider. They have been advertising spares for that plane for months but for the spares they show, only the fuse, the stock is still 0 (zero). They still show zero spare props and the wings have been dropped altogether.

Pity, the FJ is a good product. Maybe someon else will step in with spares.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Old Jun 28, 2009, 03:27 PM
Croatia
Joined Jul 2007
117 Posts
Plane dimensions

I'm trying to build computer model of this airplane, but I can not find detailed plan on the net. If somebody could measure the airplane, I would be very grateful.

In the attachment you can see what dimension I'm interested, so you could give me answer like:

A: xxx
B: yyy

etc..

Sorry for any inconvenience...
ikorman is offline Find More Posts by ikorman
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:39 PM
Maumee OH
Joined Apr 2009
13 Posts
If you get the CF from PW-RC.com it is just the foam and the motor at $59 - and my shipping to Ohio was only$31 - you add everything else - so this lets you customize easy.
http://www.pw-rc.com/product_info.ph...dvc856r1dib5a4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova50073
Hey Guys

Thanks
suppo motor
JW0847 is offline Find More Posts by JW0847
Old Jun 28, 2009, 07:40 PM
Ottawa, Canada
Joined Jul 2004
301 Posts
Just want to let everone know that the boiling water trick work on the floater-jet just like a the easy star...

make sure the water is boiling hot (not hot water from your tap but hot water from your stove!) and just drop your plane into the boiling water (make sure it don't touch the bottom or the foam will melt!)

my nose was crushed in and after being in boiling water for a min or so it was almost like brand new. the foam expand too much and the surface wasn't smooth anymore but i just use my fingers to push the foam back in an smooth out the plane.
Fallengod is offline Find More Posts by Fallengod
Old Jun 29, 2009, 05:54 AM
Eazy does it !!!
Braintree, Essex, UK
Joined Mar 2005
100 Posts
Yippeeee !!!!

Hi everyone

Guess what........
The postman just called at my door and passed me a large box that has come all the way from Hong Kong !!!!

I feel like I'm a kid again and Christmas has come early
Not sure I wanna open it now in case that epic journey has taken it's toll and my new CF is in lots of little bits

I can't believe that its arrived so quick. I only ordered it 7 days ago

Right, wish me luck cos I'm off to open my big box !!

Back soon.

Mark.
Mark Perry is offline Find More Posts by Mark Perry
Old Jun 29, 2009, 01:06 PM
The Netherlands, LI, Venray
Joined Dec 2008
1,390 Posts
ikorman

Hi,
all in CM
A= 23,0
B= 17,7
C= 33,8
D= 10,2
E= 22,5
F= 14,5
G= 15,4
H= 25,5
I= 3,6

wingspan 128
lenght 85

good luck
jaccies is offline Find More Posts by jaccies
Old Jun 29, 2009, 04:10 PM
Joined Feb 2009
240 Posts
My box has just arrived and i cant wait to get her together. I havent even opened it yet i have to act cool in front of the misses so she doesnt realize my addiction yet. Well she knows already from the bills ive stacked up but i ll try to play it off.
EDGEE400 is offline Find More Posts by EDGEE400
Old Jun 29, 2009, 05:12 PM
Croatia
Joined Jul 2007
117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaccies
ikorman

Hi,
all in CM
A= 23,0
B= 17,7
C= 33,8
D= 10,2
E= 22,5
F= 14,5
G= 15,4
H= 25,5
I= 3,6

wingspan 128
lenght 85

good luck
This is great! Many thanks

Ivan
ikorman is offline Find More Posts by ikorman
Old Jun 29, 2009, 05:38 PM
Sweden
Joined Jun 2006
4 Posts
And so the CF arrived here in Sweden as well. I have the same feeling as you Mark, Christmas in June already

Everything seems to be in nice condition, although I found all the small parts scattered in the box as the zippy bag that contained them had fallen apart quite miserably.

The first thing I noticed was the bad feeling of the rudder areas - very stiff due to the lack of hinges. The rudders surely need to be taken off and taped back on.

I also received my two gyros and I hope that they will help me keep this plane in one piece just a tad longer
Malm is offline Find More Posts by Malm
Old Jun 29, 2009, 06:07 PM
Joined Feb 2009
240 Posts
everything went together well except i seem to be missing the foam that covers the carbon fiber spar in the wing . I have only a small piece of scrap i guess i will use packing tape to cover the opening.By the way what are the cg of this plane with 2200 zippy in it the picture only instructions dont say.
EDGEE400 is offline Find More Posts by EDGEE400
Old Jun 30, 2009, 01:58 AM
Eazy does it !!!
Braintree, Essex, UK
Joined Mar 2005
100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malm
I have the same feeling as you Mark, Christmas in June already
Hi everyone.
Isnt it great Malm, I wanted to wrap it up like a present just so I could rip it off again
Right, I opened my lovely big box and guess what.... All is just fine - except for the same thing as Malm - the little accessory bag had split but I soon scooped them all up
It was packed very well indeed with all the parts in bubble wrap and taped to the sides of the box. A big thank you goes to Philip at PW-RC.
I agree totally about the control surfaces - they are way too stiff so 1st job will be to remove and tape them.
2nd job (not looking forward to this) is to dismantle the motor and epoxy in the magnets.
Did someone mention something about altering the canopy catch ? MIne seems like it will be fine but I will definitely put a slightly stronger magnet at the back.

Right, Im off to have fun with a motor !!

See ya soon !!

Mark.
Mark Perry is offline Find More Posts by Mark Perry