Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Aug 19, 2010, 04:43 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Just to be sure the comparison is accurate, the LowPriceRC CF does NOT have any ESC or servos for the $40 price.
Yeah, but the OEM ESC is worth negative $20 to half the people (its just a PITA unless you're lucky!) and those servos wholesale for $0.80 each so we're not talking a big difference. I think a lot of people would take comfort in the fact that it comes without electronics!
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:40 PM
An Aussie in Dubai
United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Joined Jan 2009
265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
pghern, if you want to pass on the details to me I'll take them. I've contacted the factory directly, but the price even for 980 units (full container) is HIGHER than you can buy one from lowpricerc... its ridiculous. Sometimes I have no idea how they do business over there.


If I can get the planes for A LOT cheaper, then I'd look at it. Or if I can get the 60 shipped over for $500 or less I might look at that.

Anyway, pass on the details and I'll check it out.
I will send PM.
pghern is online now Find More Posts by pghern
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2010, 10:55 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
Yeah, but the OEM ESC is worth negative $20 to half the people (its just a PITA unless you're lucky!) and those servos wholesale for $0.80 each so we're not talking a big difference. I think a lot of people would take comfort in the fact that it comes without electronics!
Yeah, I agree, but it would explain why the LowPriceRC.com planes are being sold much cheaper.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 01:57 AM
love rc bombs :)
swedish rc guy's Avatar
sweden
Joined Jan 2010
293 Posts
i just bought one from hobby king and the shipping was as much as the plane but i bought it anyway so now i dont have any money. but its going to be fum when the plane comes.
swedish rc guy is offline Find More Posts by swedish rc guy
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 05:16 AM
MK Addict
Nettraptor's Avatar
Hellas
Joined Jun 2009
752 Posts
I have a spare OLD CF and i wanna start a small project for twin motors.. any suggestions or whatever will be nice

i'll start with this in mind.., second is the exact position that the motors have to be mount into the wings..
Nettraptor is offline Find More Posts by Nettraptor
Last edited by Nettraptor; Aug 20, 2010 at 05:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:10 AM
Registered User
JLT_GTI's Avatar
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gc9n View Post
I have a spare OLD CF and i wanna start a small project for twin motors.. any suggestions or whatever will be nice

i'll start with this in mind.., second is the exact position that the motors have to be mount into the wings..
I think the diagram is correct , also make sure to get a set of contrarotating propellers since the correct way of doing twin engines is having both propellers spining the other way fo the other so any prop torque is eliminated.

For what i saw just behind the engine in the wing bellow or over is the better place to put the ESC since that way its getting refrigerated directly by the fresh air moved by the propeller.. but i think all twins use this (like the twinstar) and just make sure the battery
can take the AMP load of 2X engine (i dont think it should a problem, even the cheap lipo zippis 3S 2200 are rated at 20/30C meaning they can take 44A constantly and 66A peaks , 2 CF engines at WOT should be pulling 40A and no one flies WOT constantly..


And at least for Dave Powers said in the twin engine Hawk Sky video , it wont it make it much more faster.. but have greater thrust and aceleration and climbing capacities
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:22 AM
Registered User
Singapore
Joined Mar 2009
193 Posts
Lowpricerc's esc/servo-less CFs are back in stock!
jsec1992 is offline Find More Posts by jsec1992
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:02 AM
Nakelp
nakelp86's Avatar
United States, NJ, Union
Joined Sep 2004
6,785 Posts
Just ordered one for back up or FVP
nakelp86 is offline Find More Posts by nakelp86
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New (old) Disco gimbal
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 09:33 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2010
358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
I think the diagram is correct , also make sure to get a set of contrarotating propellers since the correct way of doing twin engines is having both propellers spining the other way fo the other so any prop torque is eliminated.

For what i saw just behind the engine in the wing bellow or over is the better place to put the ESC since that way its getting refrigerated directly by the fresh air moved by the propeller.. but i think all twins use this (like the twinstar) and just make sure the battery
can take the AMP load of 2X engine (i dont think it should a problem, even the cheap lipo zippis 3S 2200 are rated at 20/30C meaning they can take 44A constantly and 66A peaks , 2 CF engines at WOT should be pulling 40A and no one flies WOT constantly..


And at least for Dave Powers said in the twin engine Hawk Sky video , it wont it make it much more faster.. but have greater thrust and aceleration and climbing capacities
Are counter rotating props essential? It seems to me that in real aircraft it's a nice to have but not essential. If the props are not counter rotating they make sure that there is sufficient rudder authority to counter the effects of the critical engine. Which to me is not an issue we need to deal with flying model aircraft the way we do.
Flatbus is offline Find More Posts by Flatbus
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:08 PM
Registered User
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
CF in stock at Hobby King

Hobby King shows 10+ Clouds Fly in stock 8/20/2010 10PM central.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:44 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
But since Hobby King sucks (sorry, I've had yet another problem with defective merchandise today) just get the shell from lowpricerc and put the parts in yourself.

- bitter
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:19 PM
Registered User
West Texas USA
Joined Mar 2008
662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
But since Hobby King sucks (sorry, I've had yet another problem with defective merchandise today) just get the shell from lowpricerc and put the parts in yourself.

- bitter
I had to replace all the stock servos, ESC, and motor in my CF and will probably buy the CF shell as you suggest.
garymcc is offline Find More Posts by garymcc
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 06:32 AM
Registered User
JLT_GTI's Avatar
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatbus View Post
Are counter rotating props essential? It seems to me that in real aircraft it's a nice to have but not essential. If the props are not counter rotating they make sure that there is sufficient rudder authority to counter the effects of the critical engine. Which to me is not an issue we need to deal with flying model aircraft the way we do.
No, they are not esential , but they are recomendable..
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:47 AM
Just thumbing through...
victapilot's Avatar
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by garymcc View Post
I had to replace all the stock servos, ESC, and motor in my CF and will probably buy the CF shell as you suggest.
EasyStars are now available too. Cost around $70 LHS. Would need ailerons to be cut.

BTW some of HK stuff is excellent IMO. The HXT900 servos work great and are cheap, a high power inrunner is less than $20, a 40amp heli ESC gives rocket performance.
victapilot is offline Find More Posts by victapilot
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:23 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,251 Posts
If they work. And if they don't, you're on the hook for their poor quality assurance. I'm just saying...
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools