HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2003, 12:52 AM
AMA 105167
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2003
1,034 Posts
Question
Anyone know where I can find another one of these?

This is a sloper designed in the 80's by OK Models LTD in Japan and was sold under the PILOT label by Hobby Shack (aka Hobby People).

I would really like to have another one ... or maybe one of you expert EPP foam cutting guys would like to give it a shot and cut me a wing and fuse of a reasonable look-alike ...

It has a 65 inch wingspan (1650mm) for you metric guys ... and a symetrical full flying stab.

It was a great flyer (still is if I have constant 40mph winds ... lots of repairs have weighted it down some).

Let me know if you know anyone who may have one stashed away collecting dust ...

I would love to have it.
D_Dawg is offline Find More Posts by D_Dawg
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2003, 01:34 AM
Free as a bird now.
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,602 Posts
There is an old slope kit from the 80's on ebay right now that looks a lot like that plane, only it's a low wing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2563
Brian Courtice is online now Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Mar 04, 2003, 02:31 AM
AMA 105167
United States, CA, Stockton
Joined Jan 2003
1,034 Posts
Thanks Brian ...

But that is not what I'm after ... I want to build another sloper like my oldie but heavy ...

I have flown plenty ... but I want to relive my nostalgia fantasies ...

I recently found and bought its sister bird(which I also use to own and fly before known as the Q.B. Slope 16 ...

It was very close to the Divine wind in looks and performance ... It just had a flat plate full flying stab and a boxier fuse but same profile ...

Pilot kits were excellent quality kits and super performing "full house" stunt ships ...

Thanks again ... PS ... great thread "Fomie 101" nice work on the DAW p-51 ...

Gotta love 'em!
D_Dawg is offline Find More Posts by D_Dawg