HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 21, 2008, 07:14 AM
Joined Dec 2008
1 Posts
Question
wasp v3 6 channel

Hi can someone help me with this new helo i just purchased , its the wasp v3 6 chanell and it just wants to turn to the left no matter what i do and when it is on the ground and you want to lift off it just spins and when you set the giro to levell the tail it just goes back the same way. My other heli is a twister cp gold and it has a reversing switch on the giro whitch i had to do but the Wasp does not thanks. By the way i am in Australia and their is not much help here . I just moved to fixed pitch from co-axle.
waspman 3 is offline Find More Posts by waspman 3
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 21, 2008, 10:52 AM
freexgroup
Joined Feb 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspman 3
Hi can someone help me with this new helo i just purchased , its the wasp v3 6 chanell and it just wants to turn to the left no matter what i do and when it is on the ground and you want to lift off it just spins and when you set the giro to levell the tail it just goes back the same way. My other heli is a twister cp gold and it has a reversing switch on the giro whitch i had to do but the Wasp does not thanks. By the way i am in Australia and their is not much help here . I just moved to fixed pitch from co-axle.

First, please check the gyro, tail servo and tail rotor etc. if any damage on them, please replace them.
Second, check the gyro to see if it has set on the best position, it would wave violently or swing slightly if it was not adjust well. If the trim was too small, it would cause it wave violently because it canít lock the tail. So you have to increase the gyro trim and turn it to the suitable position. However, if the trim was too large, it would swing slightly because the tail was locked too tight, so you have to decrease the trim.
Third, check to see if the servo push-rod was vertical to the servo, and it should also vertical to the tail boom. (Note: keep all controlling parts on the transmitter at the original position, and the servo was 90 degree after connecting the power. Please disconnect the motor power before testing for your safety.)
Fourth, if the tail still canít lock well, please refer to the third step and adjust the tail servo. You can loose the two screws on the servo and move the tail servo forward and backward. As the transmission ratio of the mail blade and tail blade was direct, you have to pay special attention to the angle of attack on the tail rotor. The tail servo and tail rotor driving system controls the angle of the tail rotor, so the tail rotor angle could be adjusted through adjust the position of the tail servo on the tail boom. The best position for the angle of attack of the tail rotor and main rotor was 1/3 of the left cross shaft outside the tail gear box, so the tail servo should adjust to the standard position according to this.

If the helicopter was crashed while flying and it didnít adjust well, for example, the lengths of push-rod of the three servos are different. You have to take off them and adjust them to be horizontal.
The direction of the servo trim on the transmitter was wrong. Please adjust it well according to the above method
skyartec is offline Find More Posts by skyartec
Old Dec 22, 2008, 08:24 AM
will trade english 4 parts
west milford nj
Joined May 2008
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waspman 3

Stock TX?

The Gyro has a reversing switch which is on the front side (towards main rotor shaft.. But before you mess with it, do some simple checks..

with the heli in front of you, tail to the left, rotate main blades clockwise.

The tail rotor should rotate counter clockwise.. If not, the belt is probably twisted..

You can also do a simple check on the rudder/gyro connection without pulling wires..

Full right rudder should have the servo pulling the tail pitch control rod towards the main body.

Since the gyro has a reverse setting, and the TX has a reverse setting, my preference is to first bypass the gyro by plugging the gyro directly into the receiver. This allows you to check for proper rudder direction as well as to find the mechanical neutral point.. eg sliding the rudder servo on the boom.

At this point, dont mess with moving the servo, just make sure that it's pulling the control rod on right rudder..

Make sure that the tail servo hasnt locked itself up. This is an important point, since the gyro doesnt have a travel limit.

I like to get a course neutral when I'm doing this, and I duct tape the heli onto a turntable (lazy susan type), and move the servo on the boom so that the servo arm is at right angle to the boom, and the heli doesnt rotate on the turntable when at half throttle..

For a no power test, the neutral point on the tail should give ~10 degrees or so of pitch..

In any case, one thing that you have to watch is that full left or right rudder doesnt make the servo buzz.. You may have to move in a hole on the rudder servo if this is happening..

Once you have this squared away, then plug the rudder servo back into the gyro..

There are two connectors from the gyro.. the 3 wire connector into ch 4 and the single wire into ch 5.

remote gain is set from channel 5.. the trimmer pot on the gyro is ignored with remote gain..

on the TX, if you're using the sky601 tx, the front knob on the left is probably the gyro gain channel.. centered should give no gain..

50%-0% = yaw rate gain 0-100%

50% to 100 % = head lock gain.. 0-100%

Set the gyro gain to neutral.. spin it up and make sure the rudder is still moving the right way..

set the gyro to 75% travel (should be 50% head lock gain).. see if the heli spins under power.. if it does, then try the gyro reverse switch, and see if it helps..

It was hard to see this switch when I first got it..
mike_winslow is offline Find More Posts by mike_winslow
Old Dec 25, 2008, 11:55 AM
Joined Oct 2006
35 Posts
Q pictures

From pilot pictures
funrchobby is offline Find More Posts by funrchobby
Old Apr 12, 2009, 01:50 PM
3D Animator
California
Joined Apr 2009
17 Posts
Hey guys,
I am having a bit of an issue with my head lock gyro on my wasp V3.

It seems to stop working, then is I touch the pushrod a bit it starts working, but a couple L R adjustments of the stick and it seems to stop or bind almost, I tried adjusting its position a bit, and making sure the rod is nice and straight etc.

Could the gyro be dying out already? its only a few days old.

Thanks!
Dragonberg is offline Find More Posts by Dragonberg