HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:02 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,508 Posts
Discussion
Help on Mills Diesel Assembly

Hi
I have the Mills 0.75 cc Indian version , my question is does the cutaway on the piston top go to the back or the front ??????

next question,,,, Do the large transfer port holes go towards the back of the engine or the front , thanks so much
NX-687 is offline Find More Posts by NX-687
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2008, 11:05 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Toronto (Don Mills), Canada
Joined Dec 2002
17,100 Posts
I don't have a Mills, but in general the piston is cut away to clear the crank, so the cut away normally goes to the front.
As far as the transfer holes, the taller one is the exhaust. The exhaust is always open longer than the transfer ports.

Hope that helps,

Pat MacKenzie
pmackenzie is offline Find More Posts by pmackenzie
Old Dec 22, 2008, 03:46 PM
Beaverton, OR
Joined Jan 2005
121 Posts
NX,

Just pulled the head and liner from my Russian Mills 75 replica to check.

The piston top cutout goes to the front on mine.

The cylinder exhaust ports are rectangular, and go left and right.

The two large round ports are slightly lower on the liner, and line up with the carb venturi at the rear, the two smaller round ports are to the front.

My cylinder liner has a slot in front that engages a small steel pin at the front of the case. The pin is not pressed into the case, and can easily fall out, so you may have lost yours. Should be easy to cut and fit a new one, but be sure it's not too long, or the head may rest on the pin, and not seat properly.

Hope this helps,

Bill
Bill Adair is offline Find More Posts by Bill Adair