HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:23 PM
Eat, Fly, Dream, Repeat...
United States, GA, Jefferson
Joined Jun 2012
909 Posts
Ordered a couple Rhino 2s 360 batteries from HK to reduce weight. C20 is the stock motor and I've changed to 8x3.8 prop. May need to revisit dual aileron servos and pick up a lighter ESC & Rx next. Practicing 3D with Real Flight sim while I'm figuring out the real thing.
IfIHadWings is offline Find More Posts by IfIHadWings
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCM&E "Can-Doo" scratch...
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:39 AM
United States, MI, Waterford Charter Township
Joined Aug 2008
1,326 Posts
Finished mine a while back and it came in well under the 220 gram limit I had set for myself. With the 2204 motor (actually 19g), an 8x3.8 prop, no battery, and no landing gear (useless) the plane weighs 174g. I'm flying it with 2 cell 500 and 900 packs that weigh 31g and 46g respectively. I've had it outdoors on a few occasions in calm and very light wind conditions and find it pretty lively! With a 900 on board, it's not a rocket out of a hover, but it's not struggling either? The 500's do make a noticeable difference though. Not planning on changing a thing. It turned out great.
ahicks is online now Find More Posts by ahicks
Old Feb 02, 2013, 11:34 AM
Joined Jun 2012
909 Posts
2s 360mAh...almost had it~!

Got the CG set up with the Rhino 2s 360mAh and hand tossed the Piaget this morning...wow, the lower weight makes a difference (245g wet). I'm going to consider this my maiden flight!

She rose at about 45 degrees just below half throttle and a little down elevator brought her level. I was able to keep it two mistakes high in a left bank for a couple of passes. Unfortunately (you knew this was coming), a slight breeze brought the second pass right over my head and I lost her in the sun... Aside from a new prop and a bit of Foam Tac here and there, we're good. Bench tested everything a few minutes ago and I hope to take another swing today or tomorrow. One flight does not make a 3D artist, but my confidence is growing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:32 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,218 Posts
Piaget is discontinued, according to TECHone. Enjoy it while you still can!

Piaget with Sreamers (3 min 22 sec)

Cheers,

feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:43 AM
Joined Aug 2008
1,326 Posts
The Butt heads....

Nice flying plane though. Have mine all sorted out now. Able to enjoy it even in a light breeze! Perfect plane for hover practice. It's close and slow enough to be much easier than anything else I've flown.

It's a great teacher, has already taught me enough to be considered a very good buy. Something else it's taught me is what to look for in the plane I'll replace it with? -Al
Old Jun 25, 2013, 11:55 AM
Joined Apr 2013
5 Posts
Hobbyking Piaget 3rd flight HUN! (4 min 25 sec)

marci1774 is offline Find More Posts by marci1774
Old Jun 26, 2013, 03:38 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,199 Posts
Very quiet lately this thread.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Jun 26, 2013, 03:57 AM
Chester, UK
Joined May 2010
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMcCoy View Post
Very quiet lately this thread.
Your right Mc, I think like a lot of the older models, people move on to either scratch builds (cheaper to crash) or ARf's...............

Ask me how I know ( no don't) I am just re-building a Wot 4 and a Visionaire.....they don't look pretty.right now...

GD
geedee is offline Find More Posts by geedee
Old Jun 26, 2013, 04:40 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
This is still my go-to plane. I usually take it with me every time I go flying.
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:07 AM
United Kingdom, Bracknell
Joined Nov 2000
11,636 Posts
Still got my Piaget!
Bill Glover is offline Find More Posts by Bill Glover
Old Jun 26, 2013, 06:40 AM
Joined Aug 2008
1,326 Posts
Geez, I wish I could use my Piaget for a "go to" plane! It's generally too windy for mine when I get the chance to fly. My "go to" planes are the bigger Yaks and a Swift. Certainly not because they fly any better, they just deal with the wind much better!
Old Jun 26, 2013, 07:14 AM
Joined Nov 2000
11,636 Posts
I only really fly mine indoors, roughly October to March.
Old Jun 26, 2013, 08:18 AM
Chester, UK
Joined May 2010
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover View Post
I only really fly mine indoors, roughly October to March.
Spot on,

I still fly mine indoors but as previously stated,too windy most of the time up here.

I live in the Cheshire gap and get the N'Westerlys right down the barrel, hence the Visionaire

GD
geedee is offline Find More Posts by geedee
Old Jun 26, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Nov 2000
11,636 Posts
Yup lightweight foamies aren't much fun in a breeze. Sometimes it's quite calm just before dusk - I occasionally take mine out then. You don't need much space, and low light's not a problem if you're flying close in.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:14 PM
Joined Jun 2012
909 Posts
I admit I cannibalized the Piaget a bit during the late winter/early spring...Rx, prop...even thought about taking the motor for an Alien Aircraft I built. I just wasn't figuring out the Piaget. A couple of weeks ago, I put it back in flying order and figured I'd give it a try again. Sir Newton grabbed her pretty quick again, but a buddy of mine (seasoned pattern pilot) gave it a go and got a couple of laps out of her...clicking trim like a mad man! After a few adjustments and Foam Tac, we tried it again tonight and got it even closer...straight and level flight, gentle aileron turns L & R, controlled landings....well, stops really (took the gear off...just in the way). An hour or less on the bench adjusting the control surfaces and we'll try again. What was becoming a hanger queen now has hope! (I'm glad there were no cameras at the field this evening...you would have thought two ten year olds were out there with the way we were hooting and high-fiving!).
RCG Plus Member