HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:47 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2006
228 Posts
I don't know what the motor actually draws. I fly mostly pattern style with it and the model will easily go vertical, so I'm happy with the power level of the 2204-14. I can fly with a 2s 360, but the cg is slightly aft. If I use a 2s 460 Rhino my cg is neutral and the model will fly hands off upright or inverted. I used just enough glue to bond the parts, and my epp doubler under the nose area only goes around the perimeter. There wasn't anything special done to keep it light other than a reasonably careful build. I have known weights to calibrate my O Haus scale, so I'm pretty sure the weight of mine is within a few tenths of a gram of being 180 grams flying weight with the 360. The foam for my leading edge extensions, nose doubler and fences is 1.3 lb density and the small fences that help stiffen the wing bracing are made from 3mm depron. I've seen the weights of other Piaget's and I've wondered why they're so heavy. One possibility is that the epp used by TechOne may vary in thickness. My kit may have had slightly thinner epp. My motor is about 6 grams lighter than the one supplied with the kit. The GWS 8x4.3 prop is lighter too. Liike any build, the little stuff starts adding up. Removing stickers, shrink wrap etc from the rx and esc saved at least 3 grams. Shortening the wires helps too. This plane will never be like my real f3p's, but it can take a hit and not show any damage. I'm going to build some epp copies of my depron kits and see how they fly.
EnzoFalconi is offline Find More Posts by EnzoFalconi
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2009, 05:43 PM
We would rather be flying!
moody152's Avatar
Pontiac, MI
Joined Mar 2009
45 Posts
Hi all

Just wanted to say that I have a sale going on, I have lowered most of the pricing on my website and ebay. There is a link to ebay store on the website, please check it out.

You can see planes at following link.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960210

I have the following planes: Shipping in USA only.
Piaget EPP, Pulama EPP, Sukhoi EPP, Tribute 3D Depron and Spark 3D Depron, and a Techone Motor, ESC, Servo Combo(you can also request other servos in place of the Techone Hobby Servos, MP44, MP90 or Emax). Also carry other brands of ESC, Servos, Motors.

I also have the Emax Cap232 Depron and the Facinate Depron looks something like the Piaget.


Thank you
Dave/Desire Hobby RC
www.desirehobbyrc.com
moody152 is offline Find More Posts by moody152
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 06:02 PM
Registered User
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2006
228 Posts
I just looked at the Ebay store. What is the sale price on the Piaget? Your current Ebay price is the same as what Hobby City charges and theirs includes a motor for those wanting to use it.
EnzoFalconi is offline Find More Posts by EnzoFalconi
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:09 PM
We would rather be flying!
moody152's Avatar
Pontiac, MI
Joined Mar 2009
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoFalconi
I just looked at the Ebay store. What is the sale price on the Piaget? Your current Ebay price is the same as what Hobby City charges and theirs includes a motor for those wanting to use it.

Hello

Yes price at Hobby City is 39.99 before Express shipping of $31.63.
I will sell you plane for 39.99 + $15 for Techone Hobby motor and $12 shipping(3-5 business days), if you will order from website or send paypal payment to email address(davidmoody2@comcast.net). I also had to pay for shipping from China myself.

If anyone would like a quote on multiple items, please email me or PM.

Thanks for looking
Dave
www.desirehobbyrc.com
davidmoody2@comcast.net
moody152 is offline Find More Posts by moody152
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 07:17 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Azarr's Avatar
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,727 Posts
...
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Last edited by Azarr; Jul 30, 2009 at 09:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2009, 03:56 AM
Can you DS it??
spotterone's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Berowra
Joined Aug 2008
1,420 Posts
Hi All,

After an unfortunate incident with the wrong (standard) prop on the standard motor, I had to buy a new brushless motor for my Piaget. I read through this thread (and a few others) and couldn't decide between the Turnigy 2204-14T 19g Outrunner and the Hextronic 24g brushless outrunner, so I got both.

Turnigy 2204-14T

Hextronik 24g 1500kv

I've now tried both of them, and neither has the performance of the standard motor. It seems to now need 2/3 - 3/4 throttle just to hover, and it's vertical performance is well down on what it was with the standard brushless outrunner, even though the standard motor looks a lot smaller. This may be a function of the standard propeller that I used on the standard motor (which caused overheat/death), but I'm using the recommended 8x3.8SF prop on the 2 new motors.

I'm also using 2S 800mah lipo's, which is unchanged from when the original motor was in it.

Can anyone recommend a better motor for the Piaget that will not affect the balance too much, yet gives me back the performance of the standard motor? I would prefer if it was in the Hobby City catalogue, because postage to Australia is otherwise diabolically expensive.

I would also prefer not to change to 3S, only because I already have 7 new 2S 800mah lipo's that will otherwise have no use.

Cheers,

Leo
spotterone is offline Find More Posts by spotterone
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 08, 2009, 06:37 PM
We would rather be flying!
moody152's Avatar
Pontiac, MI
Joined Mar 2009
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotterone
Hi All,

After an unfortunate incident with the wrong (standard) prop on the standard motor, I had to buy a new brushless motor for my Piaget. I read through this thread (and a few others) and couldn't decide between the Turnigy 2204-14T 19g Outrunner and the Hextronic 24g brushless outrunner, so I got both.

Turnigy 2204-14T

Hextronik 24g 1500kv

I've now tried both of them, and neither has the performance of the standard motor. It seems to now need 2/3 - 3/4 throttle just to hover, and it's vertical performance is well down on what it was with the standard brushless outrunner, even though the standard motor looks a lot smaller. This may be a function of the standard propeller that I used on the standard motor (which caused overheat/death), but I'm using the recommended 8x3.8SF prop on the 2 new motors.

I'm also using 2S 800mah lipo's, which is unchanged from when the original motor was in it.

Can anyone recommend a better motor for the Piaget that will not affect the balance too much, yet gives me back the performance of the standard motor? I would prefer if it was in the Hobby City catalogue, because postage to Australia is otherwise diabolically expensive.

I would also prefer not to change to 3S, only because I already have 7 new 2S 800mah lipo's that will otherwise have no use.

Cheers,

Leo

Hello
Just to let you know that the recomended C20 Pro outrunner from Techone Hobby is a 2050kv. Your motors are less RPM, hope this helps and good luck.

Dave/Desire Hobby RC
www.desirehobbyrc.com
moody152 is offline Find More Posts by moody152
Last edited by moody152; Aug 09, 2009 at 08:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 09, 2009, 03:50 AM
EP 3D Flyer
feda's Avatar
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moody152
Hello
Just to let you know that the recomended C20 Pro outrunner from Techone Hobby is a 2550kv. Your motors are less RPM, hope this helps and good luck.

Dave/Desire Hobby RC
If you check TechOne's C20 Pro page: http://www.techonehobby.com/proview.asp?id=214, the kv value given is not 2550 but 2050. I think even 2050 is excessive for the plane. KV1400-1600 is more reasonable for 2-cell set-ups. 3-cell ones need to use motors with even a smaller KV value (e.g., 1100-1300).

There is more discussion on choosing motors for the plane on page 2-4 of this thread.

Feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2008
14 Posts
EPP planes

Hey these planes are great i have just bought one from www.scmodels.com.au in Melbourne they are also bringing then into the country.
kevinc is offline Find More Posts by kevinc
Last edited by kevinc; Jul 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:33 AM
Fly Big, Fly Hard!
Royster's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
922 Posts
Motor for Piaget

Guys whats a good motor for this plane for indoor flight?

Keeping in mind to keep it light!

Some have said the Blue motor from HC but its a lot heavier than a EFlite Park 250 which is what I would like but looking for a cheaper alternative.
Royster is offline Find More Posts by Royster
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:49 AM View Post
ian84
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). It is temporarily hidden while ian84 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Aug 19, 2009, 02:59 AM
Fly Big, Fly Hard!
Royster's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian84
For the paiget, which i stock.

Motor, ESC and all assesscories.. hardware.. hinges..etc.. horns.. clips..

i stock the Techone Motor which is suited to the paiget, i fly with a 9X5, 800mah 7.4V lipo really awesome flight time. nice and light, no need to go 11.1V.

If you are in melbourne, feel free to pop down.

Cheers,

www.flyhobby.com.au
Hey Ian
Sorry live in Brissy. Yep for indoor I want to use 460/480 2S or even 360 if it will take it. Would like to see if I can get it under 200g.

What motors do you have in mind?
Royster is offline Find More Posts by Royster
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:01 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2006
228 Posts
I use the $10 usd 19.5 gram Turnigy 2204-14 on mine with a Turnigy 10a esc and a GWS 8x4.3 prop. My plane weighs 180 grams with a 2s 360 Rhino. I get great vertical and can hover well into the pack life if I want to. I've been told that if you don't do a lot of sustained hovering that you can use the Turnigy 6a esc with that motor on a Piaget sized and weight plane. I've used the 6a esc and the 2204-14 on a 140 gram f3p without problems, but I do very little hover practice with that plane and the plane is a lot lighter than my Piaget. So far neither the motor or esc gets more than barely warm after a flight.

Michael
EnzoFalconi is offline Find More Posts by EnzoFalconi
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:17 AM
Fly Big, Fly Hard!
Royster's Avatar
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Jan 2007
922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoFalconi
I use the $10 usd 19.5 gram Turnigy 2204-14 on mine with a Turnigy 10a esc and a GWS 8x4.3 prop. My plane weighs 180 grams with a 2s 360 Rhino. I get great vertical and can hover well into the pack life if I want to. I've been told that if you don't do a lot of sustained hovering that you can use the Turnigy 6a esc with that motor on a Piaget sized and weight plane. I've used the 6a esc and the 2204-14 on a 140 gram f3p without problems, but I do very little hover practice with that plane and the plane is a lot lighter than my Piaget. So far neither the motor or esc gets more than barely warm after a flight.

Michael
Cheers Michael

Is this the motor?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idproduct=6547

Also what servos didi you use? I have some HXT 500s and a 900 but was think of GWS Pico 5.4g servos for reliability.
Again shes more for F3P style flying but will hover it as well.

I have a Fancy Foam Yak55 on the way for more freestyle flying.

Thanks
Royster is offline Find More Posts by Royster
Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 03:58 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Nov 2006
228 Posts
That's the motor. I use them in quite a few of my planes. It would work great on your FF Yak55. I have one on mine. I've also put one on an Osiris and I'll be using one on my epp copy of my Deluxe V3 from Donuts Models. I'm using an EP2202-1550 on my real V3. Jerome from Donuts said it was a good motor and it weighs a few grams less than the 2204-14, but it costs 4 times as much. I don't know if it's worth the extra cost for a plane that won't be flown in competition. The 2204 hauls my Piaget around with ease and it really works well on my FF Yak55 and Osiris.

Have fun down under

Michael (USA)
EnzoFalconi is offline Find More Posts by EnzoFalconi
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools