HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 26, 2009, 08:01 AM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,282 Posts
Hi feda.
I only see a wanderfoul flying model!
I did so trying to immitate the Clik original suggestions, since I think that Piaget is a copy of this model.
I use Axi 2204/54 on 9x4,7SF Pentium 10A ESC and 3S or 2S Lipo and it flyies fine too.
I bought 2 of them, so the second one you think that I should build it per plans and use the original motor or another one?
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 27, 2009, 06:12 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,884 Posts
Your rolls look good to me feda. I left the differential in my plane, as I did with the Hokusei Space Rit as well. Both of these planes seem to roll well.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Apr 28, 2009, 08:16 PM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiss
Hi feda.
I only see a wanderfoul flying model!
I did so trying to immitate the Clik original suggestions, since I think that Piaget is a copy of this model.
I use Axi 2204/54 on 9x4,7SF Pentium 10A ESC and 3S or 2S Lipo and it flyies fine too.
I bought 2 of them, so the second one you think that I should build it per plans and use the original motor or another one?
Thank you, Takis.

I have a feeling that an Axi 2204/54 may be not sufficiently powerful for your Piaget, which is about 180 grams without battery as you have mentioned.

Axi 2204/54's KV is 1400, which is close to 1450, the KV of my Dualsky XM2822-24. However, the Axi motor weighs 25 grams while the Dualsky motor weighs 30 grams. The former's maxium power is 80W while that of the latter is 100W.

I find my set-up is adequate and not at all excessive although I suspect my motor of choice is on the heavy side for the battery pack needs to be placed near the CG position in order to obtain good balance, which is also nice for you can easily use battery packs of different weights for the plane. A couple of local flyers do use smaller motors for their Piagets, but I've never seen them flying much vertical maneuvers. At least, one guy complained that his set-up was not powerful enough.

Takis, do you usually fly your Piaget indoor or outdoor, or both? I would choose to have a lighter set-up for indoor flying and a heavier set-up otherwise. Also, my personal interest is really in AeroMusical or FreeStyle kind of flying, which needs the plane to be able to accelerate and decelerate with ease. That's why I tend to pick a powerful motor for my planes.

Feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Apr 28, 2009, 10:14 PM
We would rather be flying!
Pontiac, MI
Joined Mar 2009
45 Posts
Desire Hobby RC

Hi All

Im going to be ordering more of the Techone Hobby Planes, Pulama EPP and the Piaget(still have 2 in stock along with the Spark 3D and the Tribute 3D and Emax Cap232 and Facinate). They should be here in about 10 days.
To see pictures of these planes go to links below.

Which C20 Pro motor would be better to order along with these planes, the 1050kv or 2050kv?

If interested in any of these please PM me.
The planes that I have in stock can be seen in my ebay store.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Desire-Hobby-RC

Some items are in Web Store, www.desirehobbyrc.com

Thank you
Dave
moody152 is offline Find More Posts by moody152
Old Apr 29, 2009, 04:23 PM
KF4IVP
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2005
2,158 Posts
I kinda like the Pulama

______
Dennis
34Ford is offline Find More Posts by 34Ford
Old Apr 29, 2009, 08:46 PM
Pontiac, MI
Joined Mar 2009
45 Posts
Desire Hobby RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford
I kinda like the Pulama

______
Dennis
Dennis I've got you covered, I'll have one set aside for you.

Thank you for all your help.
Dave
Old Apr 29, 2009, 11:39 PM
Patras, Greece
Joined May 2007
1,282 Posts
Hi feda and thanks for replying.i had this motor, so I used it.
I only fly outdoors and I find the thrust adequate. I flew it in windy conditions too with ease and I tried all F3A pattern. I will try a more powerfull motor. Any suggestions to buy for hobbyking?
Best
Takis
takiss is offline Find More Posts by takiss
Old Apr 30, 2009, 01:59 AM
EP 3D Flyer
Hamilton, Canada
Joined Nov 2005
1,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by takiss
Hi feda and thanks for replying.i had this motor, so I used it.
I only fly outdoors and I find the thrust adequate. I flew it in windy conditions too with ease and I tried all F3A pattern. I will try a more powerfull motor. Any suggestions to buy for hobbyking?
Best
Takis
Hi Takis,

For a strange reason, users from China are denied to have access to HobbyKing's web site. In their own words: "We do not ship to Hong Kong or China, thus these locations are blocked from accessing our web store. If you are a legitimate shopper and not located in China or Hong Kong, please fill in the form below and we will grant you access within 24hrs."

Feda
feda is offline Find More Posts by feda
Old Apr 30, 2009, 06:58 AM
Pat Nguyen
Joined Apr 2008
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 34Ford
I kinda like the Pulama

______
Dennis
That looks similar to the Electrifly Pluma to me.
o0bullet0o is offline Find More Posts by o0bullet0o
Old May 01, 2009, 10:45 AM
KF7JBN
United States, ID, Nampa
Joined Nov 2008
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by o0bullet0o
That looks similar to the Electrifly Pluma to me.
Yup...pretty obvious knock off, it looks like to me...what is the price on this? Electrifly Pluma is $45.
Jhondra is offline Find More Posts by Jhondra
Old May 01, 2009, 11:07 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra
Yup...pretty obvious knock off, it looks like to me...what is the price on this? Electrifly Pluma is $45.
I can't say that I agree with you, larger counter balances on the Pulama's ailerons, different leading edge shape of the wings on the Pulama, larger elevator on the Pulama.....

And the critical difference (to me), the Pulama is EPP while the Electrify is Depron. My Piaget is also EPP and I've dorked it numerous times without damage. If I dorked the Pluma the same way, it would have picked up quite a few ounces of glue weight by now.

Bob
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old May 01, 2009, 12:44 PM
KF4IVP
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2005
2,158 Posts
Price is right at the same. Here is a thread on them.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016270

______
Dennis
34Ford is offline Find More Posts by 34Ford
Old May 04, 2009, 01:32 PM
Pontiac, MI
Joined Mar 2009
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by moody152
Hi All

Im going to be ordering more of the Techone Hobby Planes, Pulama EPP and the Piaget(still have 2 in stock along with the Spark 3D and the Tribute 3D and Emax Cap232 and Facinate). They should be here in about 10 days.
To see pictures of these planes go to links below.

Which C20 Pro motor would be better to order along with these planes, the 1050kv or 2050kv?

If interested in any of these please PM me.
The planes that I have in stock can be seen in my ebay store.
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Desire-Hobby-RC

Some items are in Web Store, www.desirehobbyrc.com

Thank you
Dave

Hello all

I just wanted to tell you that I will be recieving more Piagets, Pulama Biplanes and C20 Motors, they should be in next sometime next week.
I still have the Techone Piaget EPP, Spark 3D, Tribute 3D, Sukhoi EPP planes in stock.

The website is now working and has a variety of items in it for sale.
www.desirehobbyrc.com or ebay store has some items at sale prices at this time. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Desire-Hobby-RC

If interested in any of these items you can PM me or email at www.dave@desirehobbyrc.com

Thank you and good weather.
Dave
Old May 05, 2009, 08:04 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,501 Posts
Just wanted to mention that the Piaget is becoming my go-to plane. It's so easy to fly it even makes me look good. My poor Infineon seems to be gathering dust....though my youngest son still likes to fly it.

Bob
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old May 05, 2009, 06:41 PM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,884 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhondra
I couldn't disagree more! They both have 2 wings but that's about it. Besides, the Electrifly Pluma looks very similar to the scratchbuild Infineon which has been around for years.

Why is it that people seem to think that certain biplanes are ripoffs of other biplanes? Why isn't every Yak-like plane considered a ripoff of another Yak-like plane, or of the real thing?

Plane designs evolve. Things that work well will be used again and again.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet