Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:43 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuı
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2006
577 Posts
Discussion
Techone EPP Piaget

Hey Guys,

I got in contact with Eddie from Tates Hobbies in Oz who are the distributors of this line of planes and was promptly sent a Piaget which arrived 2 x days later! (Cheers Ed )
Upon inspection of the kit I knew this was going to be an absolute blast to build!
The laser cut EPP is exceptional, with the smallest of holes for the carbon bracing pre-cut for you, precision cut firewall plate and nose doublers which go together like Lego as well as the slotted fuselage. Awesome indeed.
The first thing I noticed in the parts bag was these strange looking hinges.
The things are light, resistance free and are super easy to install.
Simply slice a 3mm deep slot across the surfaces, add a drop of c/a and 'plug' them in. Magic!

The Hardware is all of good quality, easy to use and even the holes for the control horns are pre-cut through the surfaces. No brainer.

Axi 2203 - 46, Turnigy 10A ESC, GWS 8x4.3sf, 350 - 500mah 2S Lipo.

AUW 190g / 6.8oz with 350mah 2S.
The plane looks great, and the colors work very well together.

I have a limited amount of space to fly it indoors as the weather is crazy here at the moment due to a Cyclone North West of W.A. but from what I can tell this is going to be a killer pattern/3D ship. Great lock into knife edge with no mixing!
Hover / Harrier as solid as anything I have ever flown. Rudder turns require just a squeeze of up elevator and opposite aileron correction, very very stable.
I am undecided on the 'Aileron Brakes' as they seem a little bit too effective for me, but am reserving judgment until I can get to our local indoor dome.

All in all I am really impressed with this kit.
Without doubt the best indoor plane build I have had the pleasure of completing so far.
It's not the cheapest, but comparable to other high end kits for sure and from early indications is going to a great performer in the air.
I predict the local dome is going to filled with the Techone line of planes!

You can see the range of EPP Planes here - Techone Hobbies

I will keep you informed and get some video for y'all!

Cheers

Mick
Coonak is offline Find More Posts by Coonak
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:14 AM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Looks nice! Get that video up already!!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:19 AM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Their site is hard to figure out...how the heck do you order? Dang Mick...your hanger is getting BIG!!
bighead93 is offline Find More Posts by bighead93
Old Dec 20, 2008, 12:41 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
It looks great Mick! Much better than I expected. I thought I had enough planes for now, but I may be tempted to try this one or some of their other EPP planes.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jan 01, 2009, 09:57 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Is it possible to get one of these in the US?
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Jan 07, 2009, 08:05 AM
Sofia, Bulgaria, East Europe
Joined Nov 2006
166 Posts
Looks like Hobbycity also sells a Piaget, maybe it's just a copy of the original one though. Here's the link: http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=8472 .
Regards!
dando is offline Find More Posts by dando
Old Jan 07, 2009, 06:53 PM
pǝʇɹǝʌuı
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Aug 2006
577 Posts
Thats the one!
I flew mine again last nite in the small confines of my shed, and I have to say it is a great plane.... from my experiences so far.
We don't have indoor flying until the 20th of this month, and because of our super crappy weather here the last few weeks I have not had an opportunity to fly it outside either....... I am really keen to see how well it hold knife edge and transfers into other maneuvers. It hovers like no ones business.

I may just shoot a vid in the shed for the meantime.... keep ya's posted.

Mick
Coonak is offline Find More Posts by Coonak
Old Jan 07, 2009, 08:11 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
the hobbycity one also comes with a motor too.

i was thinking for picking one up but for me shipping is over 42 dolllars
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
Last edited by paintball_kidz; Jan 07, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old Jan 07, 2009, 08:47 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coonak
Thats the one!
I flew mine again last nite in the small confines of my shed, and I have to say it is a great plane.... from my experiences so far.
We don't have indoor flying until the 20th of this month, and because of our super crappy weather here the last few weeks I have not had an opportunity to fly it outside either....... I am really keen to see how well it hold knife edge and transfers into other maneuvers. It hovers like no ones business.

I may just shoot a vid in the shed for the meantime.... keep ya's posted.

Mick
Mick,

A shed video would be cool if you can swing it. I'll probably wait for your thoughts after the indoor session on the 20th before decidingi if I buy one though. I already have a Hokusei Space Rit, which is an excellent EPP indoor plane; about 230g with Blue Wonder 1500kV and 2S600. The Space Rit cost a lot more than this one from Hobby City, but the Space Rit was the best option I could find at the time and is a superb flier with super easy hovers and beautiful knife edge. I get the impression the Piaget will be somewhat similar, though the Piaget is lighter and has airbrakes. I need to wait until late Feb for the next indoor; the gym floor is being resurfaced in Jan so no flying then.
Old Jan 09, 2009, 05:41 PM
200 mph club
United States, AZ, Fort Mohave
Joined Mar 2005
872 Posts
If it is EPP why do the instructions say (over and over) to use foam-safe CA ???
r/cmark is online now Find More Posts by r/cmark
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FrSky Taranis misc stuff
Old Jan 09, 2009, 06:23 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cmark
If it is EPP why do the instructions say (over and over) to use foam-safe CA ???
The Mythos EPP instructions say the same. They probably just reused their kt board (similar to depron) plane instructions. People that trust these instructions and don't realise that EPP is OK with regular CA are gonna use the more expensive foam safe CA that takes forever to set without kicker.
Last edited by groovejet; Jan 09, 2009 at 06:28 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2009, 04:24 AM
china
Joined May 2008
56 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cmark
This item is really EPP , you can use other liquid glue. please try it.
ann343128320 is offline Find More Posts by ann343128320
Old Jan 10, 2009, 08:58 AM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
this plane looks awesome and its cheap! im getting one soon! the included motor on the hobbycity website is possibly a C20 1550kv outrunner
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:39 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
ann343128320- This isn't by chance stocked in the US is it? Shipping to the US is almost as much as the plane.
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Jan 10, 2009, 06:58 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR
ann343128320- This isn't by chance stocked in the US is it? Shipping to the US is almost as much as the plane.
Joe,

Yes it is. See right near the end of this thread for details: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=960210