Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Hal_The_Hacker, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:18 PM
I Can Fly An FP Inverted!
Teddington, Middlesex, UK
Joined Jun 2008
1,536 Posts
Cool
multiple crash sydrome

well guys, its official, I suck at flying.

I went out flying with nick today, and I finally managed to do circuits with a single rotor heli (my walkera 52#), after about four, I cut one too wide and felt I was too close to nick and his t-rex 450, I panicked and tried to fff it outa there, but becuase brushed motors suck, I lacked the headspeed to get much lift, and I cartwheeled it into the ground. snapped the tail boom at the root.

I have already fixed it, just shortened the boom slightly, I needed to do this anyway, my rudder trim was all the way to one side, my tail was hardly spinning.

I also bent the main shaft (straghtened w/o even taking it out of the heli)

ready to fly tomorrow.

I left my futaba tx crystal at home so I had to use the crystals from my 52# in my zagi and my hornet.

my hornet didnt want to bind unless the tx was at a certain angle to it, or a certain distance away (wierd huh?), but I tried to fly it anyway. spooled up, and a gust of wind swept it into the ground, snapped the rotorhead, again, that is now glued back together though, less teeter too, so better cyclic response.

ready to fly tomorrow.

flied my zagi a bit, being extra carefull about the launches now, after yesterday I am taking no chances, my hand is still swollen by the way, but I can fly 'like a pro' (just not 'lazy style'). got a few short flights out of the thing, I REALLY need a larger vertical stab. (well two actually) this thing stalls in a horrid mannar, and wobbles with very little surface area to counter the yaw.

Michael bought a Mini Titan today, it seems a pretty good cp heli, apart from the fact that it is FOUR CHANNEL! yes thats right, a four channel cp, you thought had seen it all folks, but here it is.

he is going to fly it at twickers tomorrow, the only flight he plans before spektrumising.

looking forward to twickers tomorrow, but sad that it is the last EVER.
more crash (i mean flight) reports to come tomorrow

for now, goodbye

- Hal
Hal_The_Hacker is offline Find More Posts by Hal_The_Hacker
to remove ads between posts