HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:14 AM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
Discussion
put your pics and vids here of any airliners you have made ?

any airliner you have made please post here ???????????????????????????
acambo123 is offline Find More Posts by acambo123
Last edited by acambo123; Dec 19, 2008 at 04:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2008, 12:28 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,651 Posts
I can tell you that it takes some real work and a lot of experience to build the bird you're talking about. If you really want some examples, look at Meatbomber's threads and blog. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=29823

How much experience do you have? Have you ever flown before? Are you into building? What's your budget? These are all factors in what to build. Give us some more info so we can help.

-PiperCub49
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Last edited by PiperCub49; Dec 19, 2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 03:46 PM
did it flied?
London, UK
Joined Apr 2005
760 Posts
Edited because Acambo123 is a good boy now.
Electronick is offline Find More Posts by Electronick
Last edited by Electronick; Dec 19, 2008 at 04:43 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:13 PM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
i have listend to your advice

in the new year i am going to build the ones you showed me electornick but i got some uncalled for messages .
i agree you know alot more than me but i am looking for the right place to start i am going to do the one you told me to do but it is some one else i was talking about perhaps it would of been better to put it in a pm

sorry if i have offended anyone in anyway im just lookingfor help

sorry guys

i have also removed that comment sorry
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:18 PM
Playing with AutoCAD!
United States, ME
Joined Oct 2008
2,651 Posts
Nice way to start off the New Year! Make sure to post your build and ask for help!

-PiperCub49
PiperCub49 is offline Find More Posts by PiperCub49
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:22 PM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
thanks i will . not sure it will fly or look like a plane though lol

thanks guys sorry about that comment before
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:27 PM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
piper cub could you take a look at this and tell me what foam is being used

and where i could get it from please

www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38909
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:49 PM
did it flied?
London, UK
Joined Apr 2005
760 Posts
Acambo123 you are OK in my books.
BUT
There is still much to be learned, I suggest you start on something more simple than complex airliners. Have you ever built anything RC before? If you show us some pictures or describe what you have done and built then we will have a much easier time helping you out. We need to understand your skill level before offering the correct advice.
I guarantee you, the more we know about you, the more likely you will receive top notch advice and instructions.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 05:06 PM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
its a first time build so i was going to start off with the min 737 built of .....

2mm wallfoam in your blog and then maybe the f22 out of depron which has an instructional video to show you one step at a time

thanks

oh theres one more thing what is hotwiring
and thanks
Old Dec 19, 2008, 05:35 PM
did it flied?
London, UK
Joined Apr 2005
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acambo123
2mm wallfoam in your blog and then maybe the f22 out of depron which has an instructional video to show you one step at a time

thanks

oh theres one more thing what is hotwiring
and thanks
Acambo123, this is the worlds largest RC airliner ever built. Some guys crashed it in the California desert a while back. Classic video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcQ-1...eature=related
Boeing 707 Airliner NASA Crash Test (0 min 36 sec)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj3QZ...eature=related
Old Dec 19, 2008, 05:38 PM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
how do you make the nose ccone on that mini airliner made of wallfoam

and what is hotwiring
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:00 PM
did it flied?
London, UK
Joined Apr 2005
760 Posts
Quote:
and what is hotwiring
You need UHU por glue to glue the wallfoam, the wallfoam is 2mm expanded polystyrene foam bought from B&Q/Homebase in the United Kingdom. I use cotton buds to apply the glue and tissue to mop up the excess. Imagine a paper cardmodel? Now replace the card with wallfoam and that is how you do it. I print on the wallfoam by means of lamenting a sheet of tissue over the wallfoam with a clothes iron and then cut the excess and feed it through a printer. I use photoshop to edit my plans and resize them. The rest is all your own experience and attempts. check out www.fiddlersgreen.net for some great plans to print out and knowledge to examine.

Now hotwiring......, I would suggest you not attempt these dangerous thoughts without prior correspondence with uncle google.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 09:09 PM
Same Day Delivery
Economy, Pa.
Joined Mar 2002
3,392 Posts
The card stock models from fiddlersgreen are the base for this build, resizing is necessary for larger scale. That would be THE place to start.

NoBody is posting re sized or original for that matter on these forms. Might have something to do with that pesky copyright infringement law... I doeknow! Maybe I do! I've already looked! None to be found

Electronic, your airliner builds are top notch!
mike3976 is offline Find More Posts by mike3976
Last edited by mike3976; Dec 19, 2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 03:03 AM
Joined Dec 2008
59 Posts
thanks
electronick i live about 5 mins away from b&q and homebase
Old Dec 20, 2008, 05:17 AM
did it flied?
London, UK
Joined Apr 2005
760 Posts
Quote:
thanks
electronick i live about 5 mins away from b&q and homebase
OK, that is a good start. Now, each roll of wallfoam costs less than 4, you only need one 30 metre roll, its enough for dozens of models. You need that UHU por glue too, very good stuff for gluing the EPS type foams. An exacto knife is the most useful cutting instrument for wallfoam. I suggest, since you live in the UK, to look up www.robotbirds.com. They are based just North of London so buying and shipping within the UK makes it helpful to avoid international shipping nonsense. Robotbirds sells EVERYTHING you would need to get started, even that UHU por glue. The have foam, carbon fibre, X-Twins, Miniums, etc pretty much the works. The owner is very friendly and will not hesitate to give you very helpful advice over the phone. You tell him your skill level and what you want to build and he will sort you out with some gear. The prices are not too bad either. www.indoorflyer.co.uk is another place to find some good micro RC hardware from within the UK.
Now, if you could kindly explain what you have built and maybe show us prior examples so that we may have a better understanding of your skill level so we can offer the correct advice.