Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:22 AM
j0e
Greece, Peloponnisos Dytiki Ellada ke Ionio, Patra
Joined Mar 2009
167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinPistone
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased the 2.4GHz Eurofighter and I'm having some trouble with the servos and their hookups. The pictures in the directions are a little hard to follow. Would someone mind posting some pics on how you have your servos hooked up and configured to the receiver? Thanks!
Was your EF a RTF edition? Because it is supposed that on the RTF edition everything is installed. Anyway i took the edition without tx/rx cause i wanted to install mine and i needed to buy a GWS elevon mixer.
j0e is offline Find More Posts by j0e
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2010, 11:00 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1 Posts
Newbie help please. I have never done this before. Have a EF2000, put it together, plug everything in and the speed control blinks and beeps repeatedly no control and it sounds like a servo is activated trying to move. I have no idea. What am I doing wrong.
rgandy123 is offline Find More Posts by rgandy123
Old Jan 09, 2010, 02:28 PM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
340 Posts
rgandy123,
It could be that the throttle channel needs reversing. Are you using the stock radio? If so, there is a switch for that. Do you get any movement on the elevons and rudder/front wheel when you move the sicks?
If not, check the connections at the receiver. If they look ok, disconnect evething but ch3 (throttle) check if you can get that to work. Then add one by one the servo connections. Maybe one servo is dead.
Marcelo.-
marcelo3d is offline Find More Posts by marcelo3d
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:56 AM
Tape n' glue, Good as New!
Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2009
303 Posts
Hey, I got a replacement motor finally, and after flying my T-28 for a few months I think I'm almost ready to give this edf another go.
First, is this the only thread on this bird?? Not a lot of info.

What battery are you all using? I puffed the stock 1600 mah lipo on my maiden, I have a 2200 20c 3s, will that work? I don't want to wreck another motor, or I'm calling it quits for edf's!
jussyjonny is offline Find More Posts by jussyjonny
Old Mar 12, 2010, 05:32 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,236 Posts
You do not wreck motors because of the battery unless you decide to use higher voltage or cell 4S-5S.

I am using 2200mah 25C 3S lipo and it works great and I average 4min flight.

Any bigger and you will notice the jet will be alot more nose heavy then what it already is.

Either mechanical setup the elevons with some UP degree in them or program your trim for the elevons to be up. This jet is naturaly nose heavy as it is.

Unless you remove the LG you could be able to shoved the battery further back but in the stock configuration you will need to UP trim.

Motor and fan will determine the amp draw and the battery is just going to try to deliver it. The battery if using the correct cell count wil lnot smoke the motor.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 12, 2010, 09:16 AM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jussyjonny View Post
Hey, I got a replacement motor finally, and after flying my T-28 for a few months I think I'm almost ready to give this edf another go.
First, is this the only thread on this bird?? Not a lot of info.

What battery are you all using? I puffed the stock 1600 mah lipo on my maiden, I have a 2200 20c 3s, will that work? I don't want to wreck another motor, or I'm calling it quits for edf's!
You can find a lot more info in the other thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=880646
As for battery, I used to use the stock and a 3s1300mAh. It keps the plane light. and the nose not too heavy.

Recenly, I removed the landing gear and upgraded the motor to a 4800Kv. ($15 at HobbyPattz) Since I can push the battery a lot further back (no LG wire in the way), I can use a light 3s2200 (150g-170g) It flies very, very nice.

Marcelo.-
marcelo3d is offline Find More Posts by marcelo3d
Old Apr 01, 2010, 08:35 PM
Tape n' glue, Good as New!
Chilliwack, B.C. Canada
Joined Aug 2009
303 Posts
I noticed a little red light that comes on on the back of my esc when I am at 3/4 throttle w/ a 2200 mah 3s 20c zippy flightmax batt. Sooo..... anyone else notice this? What's it mean??
jussyjonny is offline Find More Posts by jussyjonny
Old Apr 01, 2010, 09:22 PM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,898 Posts
I've noticed it on some of my other ESCs and don't know exactly what it is, but I always assumed it had something todo with nearing/reaching full throttle. That's just a guess

Don
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Jun 17, 2010, 01:24 AM
USA, Mt, Missoula
Joined Jun 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgandy123 View Post
Newbie help please. I have never done this before. Have a EF2000, put it together, plug everything in and the speed control blinks and beeps repeatedly no control and it sounds like a servo is activated trying to move. I have no idea. What am I doing wrong.
i'm having this same problem. getting really mad. someone please help. been checking servo conections for over a hour. nothing works.
22niner8juliet is offline Find More Posts by 22niner8juliet