HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:13 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
I bought the 2.4Ghz version and swap it with my DX5e & AR500. I install the stock E-Fly 2.4Ghz system in my Decathlon BL and SO FAR it flawless. I dont know if it has a RANGE testing feature, if it does its not mention in the manual & I did not do a full range check on it. But I have used it in my plane anyhow and the range is plenty good. I have yet to fly out of range (I dont want to either) But I can not go any further cause the plane is already as far as I want it to be.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:50 PM
Joined Jan 2009
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickydee
Hi,

72 MHZ

Good luck!

Mickydee

I lost a plane due to 72mhz. I knew it was this because I have a video of it and the engine was cutting in and out. 72mhz is asking for trouble, invest in 2,4ghz!
Doby is offline Find More Posts by Doby
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:02 PM
D.C. Areas
Joined Oct 2005
75 Posts
The 72mhz TX, well, can be tossed....

It's not good and prone to problems. I didn't expect much out of what amounts to a $12.00 TX.

If you purchase the plane with this in mind, there is no problem with it.

The RX on the 72mHz is Futaba shift compatible.

I've had no problems with it nor the plane flying using a Tracker III 72mHz TX. Since this also adds expo back, it improves the handling of the plane.

I have the older version which really is identical to the reviewed version in all but the paint, receiver and included transmitter.

Mine has a much lighter silver color paint scheme, which looks like it was not applied with enough coats for my liking however.

Otherwise it's well worth the money, especially considering how much more such offerings tend to cost from other manufacturers.
opjose is offline Find More Posts by opjose
Old Mar 20, 2009, 12:53 PM
York, ne
Joined Feb 2005
599 Posts
Is this article formatted improperly?
First one where words are wider than my monitor can view.
melcrose is offline Find More Posts by melcrose
Old Apr 01, 2009, 06:48 AM
j0e
Greece, Peloponnisos Dytiki Ellada ke Ionio, Patra
Joined Mar 2009
167 Posts
Is this a good jet for a first edf plane?
j0e is offline Find More Posts by j0e
Old Apr 01, 2009, 11:54 AM
Lipo abuser ... smoke on!
Joined Feb 2005
1,892 Posts
Hey Joe,

It all depends on your level of flying skills. If you are used to some faster warbirds, the transisition shouldnt be all that difficult for you ..... I really do recommend that people pickup something a bit more stable to learn the subtle nuances of ducted fans. Some of the kits that are high on this list are:

* Sportjet
* unijet
* nitroplanes fan trainer
* Phase 3 F-16
* Electrifly L39

Hope that helps!
gp125racer is offline Find More Posts by gp125racer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: D100
Old Apr 01, 2009, 12:01 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
The EF2000 EDF is my first EDF and second overall plane. Its fast compared to my little 3ch Super DecathlonBL.

I am doing ok but some would also say that I am above average when it comes to RC been in the hobby for more then 15 years with car & boats.

The above post mentions Electrifly L39, I have seen this in my LHS and I am seriously thinking about getting this EDF.

I dont have enough experience to recommend you a first EDF but the L39 look pretty cool and it also come with nice display stand if & when you want to show it off.
Old Apr 01, 2009, 02:41 PM
j0e
Joined Mar 2009
167 Posts
Thanks for your responses. My fly experience is a gws trainer estarter and an F3A gws Formosa II both of them on strong brushless setup. I now am able to do various tricks, fast fly, slow fly and all the common tricks roll, loop, knife, some hover and endless inverted flight with the Formosa II. I am filling that i want something faster now so i think i will give a try to this plane. Fast speed is not something that scares me as some possible strange attitude in the air.

freechip if you manage to fly good this plane as your second plane i believe that i have good chances to fly this one without crash it from the first flight. Thanks again for the answers.

j0e
Old Apr 01, 2009, 04:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0e
freechip if you manage to fly good this plane as your second plane i believe that i have good chances to fly this one without crash it from the first flight. Thanks again for the answers.j0e
Like I said before, some (LHS & other pilots at the field) have said that from time to time they see the odd guy who never flew but can fly. I am by far not the best pilot and I dont consider me to be. I was simply saying that knowing know what I know I probably would went with the above suggestion and bought the L39. After seeing it at the LHS, I think it would of been better for a second plane and or first EDF.

Here's a video of my maiden of my VERY first plane
DecathlonBL (3 min 48 sec)

Here's the maiden of my second plane & VERY first EDF
EF2000 (2 min 14 sec)

And here's the lastest video (2nd flight) of my EF2000 make sure to check out the end for some not so good landings.
EF2000 edf jet (9 min 32 sec)
Old Apr 01, 2009, 04:38 PM
j0e
Joined Mar 2009
167 Posts
What are the maximum battery you guys have tried as far as the mAh are concerned?
Last edited by j0e; Apr 03, 2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 05:30 PM
j0e
Joined Mar 2009
167 Posts
My EF 2000 arrived and looks very beautifull!! So beautifull that i am afraid to fly it ! My problem is that i order the No tx/rx version. My throttle stick start working after about 10 clicks. Anyone knows how can i program the throttle stick so it will start the edf from the first click? Is there a manual or anyone knows the esc name?

j0e
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:17 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0e
What are the maximum battery you guys have tried as far as the mAh are concerned?
3S 2100mah 20C is the biggest I tried, The EF-2000 is nose heavy so any bigger battery makes it more nose heavy and will require adding weights or flying with up elevator.
Old Apr 13, 2009, 08:20 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0e
My EF 2000 arrived and looks very beautifull!! So beautifull that i am afraid to fly it ! My problem is that i order the No tx/rx version. My throttle stick start working after about 10 clicks. Anyone knows how can i program the throttle stick so it will start the edf from the first click? Is there a manual or anyone knows the esc name?

j0e
Not much to program on edf ESC, not like you're going to need brake feature turned on.

If you have programmable radio just set throttle sub trim or regular trim a bit higher.

As for ESC looks like a very generic one with probably no prgramming throttle option but now that you have ASKED, it got my curious. I will report back any findings if any.
Old Apr 21, 2009, 06:40 PM
Joined Apr 2009
1 Posts
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased the 2.4GHz Eurofighter and I'm having some trouble with the servos and their hookups. The pictures in the directions are a little hard to follow. Would someone mind posting some pics on how you have your servos hooked up and configured to the receiver? Thanks!
JustinPistone is offline Find More Posts by JustinPistone
Old Apr 21, 2009, 08:16 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinPistone
Hi everyone!

I recently purchased the 2.4GHz Eurofighter and I'm having some trouble with the servos and their hookups. The pictures in the directions are a little hard to follow. Would someone mind posting some pics on how you have your servos hooked up and configured to the receiver? Thanks!

Justin,

Not sure about the what you have. But the the wing servos on a delta act as your aileron and elevators all at once. So you transmitter need to have whats called "Delta wing, or delta mixing turned on. It is usally labeled in the programming "wing type". Usually the rt wing servo plugs into the ail port on the recvr and the lt wing servo goes into the elev port on the recvr. If they are reversed then go back into the programming and reverse the ail and elev. usually that will fix that. Rudder to rudder, throttle to throttle port and you should be good to go. Hope this helps.

James
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75