SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 21, 2009, 02:11 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
hahahaha.

I'm at work now so not enough time to check out their site but I know what i'll be doing before i head home.
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2009, 02:47 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,930 Posts
Dennis: You crazy guy, you just don't lurk the right threads! 8^) I've shared the cheapo rx's several times (can't remember which thread, though) I must qualify my comments, though - the only thing I've bought from them is the rx's, so can't say anything about other stuff they sell. Also, I was surprised when I went there today and discovered they have changed the name and packaging of the cheapest rx's (who would have thought they'd pick SpringRC???) and haven't ordered since they changed, so can't say for sure that they are same as I got originally ( their 40mhz rx's look like the ones I have, with the orange,white, blu labels) It was interesting to see all the other rx's they now have too. I'd seen some of the Coronas (which I understand are pretty good) but they have more now and several others I'd not seen. They ship from Macau, takes about the same time as HK from Hong Kong to get here.

I guess if I'm off the island, I better get back to work on the Goose, or a SeaBB!
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2009, 06:13 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
add more parts to my need list...ne1 going to the swap meet?

Looks like I might have been had with my purchase of hs-55's. sent the mo a month ago & he never replies to each of my pm's until a week later and there keeps on being excuses. Now I hear, "oh my pc crashed, I am sending tomorrow, and I can't get you a tracking # because I am not using usps or fed ex, using shop to mail it." I feel if I didn't keep asking him he would let it ride.

I can ill afford the loss of funds at this time. So I now may be in the market for servo's too. Anyone been using the 3.something g blue arrows from hobby city?
Whats everyone's favs?
I have 3 micro's atm but will be using them on the wife's Lite Stick if the 55's dont show up.
We'll see what's out there at the swap meet in Warren this weekend. I'm only going with a few bucks to see what little treasures I can grab.
Looking for rx's, servo's, lipo charger. Lipo's I'm getting new.

Anyone going this weekend? I'm taking the wife too. she's going for damage control.

Jimmy
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:05 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,644 Posts
Jimmy,
I'll be selling at the swap meet, and I have $5 servos. All new and the specifications run from 3.7 to 9 g (actual weights are a little more). Look for the guy with the Strong RC Motors "ARM logo" on his T-shirt. Like my avatar.
bz1mcr is online now Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:47 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
Hey Don, that's great! Save 3 for me will ya.
Even if those hs-55's do come in, I know I will be needing equipment for at least 3 planes.
Well, I need 2 servo's for the Wattage Lite Stick for the wifey, (yes I will get her hooked ) and I'll need 2 for the BB and 3 for Gene's Mustang. Actually, then add the bipe, and the other 8 plans I printed at work yesterday.

The wife & I did agree on the spending though, so fitting the stang & BB will be all I will worry about until next month as I still need 2 more rx's & crystals, & some lipos too.
I definately got far to addicted to this hobby too quick for my pocketbook.

Now I'm bummed about bringing the wife, (well not really) as I'll want to sit & chit chat for a few & noway will she be able to just stand there. Suppose you'll be busy anyways & don't need a newb picking your brain while your trying to sell. I'll save that for Pontiac.
Btw, the week of the 16th of Feb is the week I'm trying to get off, so hopefully I'll be able to make it then. At least by then I should have at least 1 scratch ready to go.

Looking forward to seeing ya at the meet.

Jimmy
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:27 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,737 Posts
Don,

I'll see you there also, and I am needing three 5g servos.

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Jan 22, 2009, 11:43 AM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
... I'll save that for Pontiac.
Btw, the week of the 16th of Feb is the week I'm trying to get off,...
Jimmy
Unfortunately I'll miss your maiden. I'll be in Florida Feb 13- mid March.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 12:56 PM
DESIGNOSAUR
United States, MI, Wixom
Joined Jun 2002
771 Posts
I sure wish I had time to get out there during the week! all that carnage looks like fun!

Happy Flying,

DG
DesignGeek is offline Find More Posts by DesignGeek
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:22 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
Unfortunately I'll miss your maiden. I'll be in Florida Feb 13- mid March.
ahh geez
Just can't win for loosin'

Sure was looking forward to seeing what you can do with your BB.

Jimmy
Old Jan 22, 2009, 01:28 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,930 Posts
Jimmy: I'll miss the swapmeet this weekend as I'll be inTX rebuilding houses Ike took apart, but will be back the next weekend. I'll plan on getting to Pontiac on the 16th, so you can see at least one BB fly. Not as pretty or as light as Don's, but she flies.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 22, 2009, 02:40 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Jimmy: I'll miss the swapmeet this weekend as I'll be inTX rebuilding houses Ike took apart, but will be back the next weekend. I'll plan on getting to Pontiac on the 16th, so you can see at least one BB fly. Not as pretty or as light as Don's, but she flies.
Looking forward to it too!

I'm actually at work chowing lunch & going over Tony's thread on the BB now. I will start the build this weekend. I just have to decide out of the gear I do have, what will be the best to throw on it.
Be careful down there. I am in auto claims for Nationwide & we lost a ton of rep's that had to go down there for cat duty. We were sooo short handed for 2 months straight.
Hope you at least were able to bring a plane or 2 with ya!

Jimmy
Old Jan 22, 2009, 03:00 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
wondering if Tony did a build log...

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knows if Tony ever did a build log on the BB 33", or is it just basically a simple enough build to figure it out from the plans?
That thread is about a goejillion miles long & don't think i'll be on this planet long enough to read through it.

thx
Jimmy
Old Jan 22, 2009, 06:30 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
Looking forward to it too!

I'm actually at work chowing lunch & going over Tony's thread on the BB now. I will start the build this weekend. I just have to decide out of the gear I do have, what will be the best to throw on it.
Be careful down there. I am in auto claims for Nationwide & we lost a ton of rep's that had to go down there for cat duty. We were sooo short handed for 2 months straight.
Hope you at least were able to bring a plane or 2 with ya!

Jimmy
I'll have lots of motors and ESC's at the swap also.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 06:45 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
Don, I got a bad feeling coming to your table is going to be very bad for my financial health!

Do you already know what slot you have in there? Let's face it, sounds like the both of us pretty much know what I need. I should just come straight to your table then get the out of there.

I don't suppose you have a good but cheap lipo charger for sale too?
I'm going to throw all my current goods, (which isn't saying much ) into a bag & bring em. Just a few motors, servo's, esc's. all bought from here. I dont want to bug ya too much at the meet but would you mind just taking a sec if I stop by while its slow & taking a quick peek at 'em? I would like to get your opinion what out of the pile would be good for the BB 33". But if your busy thats cool too.

thx
Jimmy
Old Jan 22, 2009, 07:10 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,930 Posts
Jimmy: I'm pondering taking one of the 24"bb's, probably the smallest packing plane I've got. I'll be taking my truck, with 3 other folk (total of 8 going) and the bed will be packed with gear, I expect, so will need some serious protection. Hmmmm....Wonder if it would lift my smallest cam? One thing just leads to another.....

I'll be interested to follow your rc gear journey in the next couple of weeks. Don has good stuff and will steer you right (unsolicited commendation).
RCG Plus Member