HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:42 AM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
all this talk of hitting the dome on Tue's is killiing me!!! I have days off that are going to carry over into 2009. Now I know what to do with them.
I was also going to go this Sat night but family plans took care of that so I will be there Fri afternoon for the Slo-V maiden flight. Jake at The Prop Shop was going to meet me on Sat to show me around & get me flying right and also possibly sell me one of his foamies cheap. I hope he is going on Fri too. Anyone else going this Fri afternoon by chance? Sure would be nice to meet some of ya's.

Merry Christmas!!!
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:45 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,682 Posts
Well just Bob and I showed up of the people I know directly at the soccer arena today. Being just before Christmas and the weather was not friendly out there cut into the participation a little. Had a great time though. The Sea BB 42 suffered a little collision rash, but she is all better now.

JJF, be aware that mid airs are possible if not likely. Some times things get broke. Just want you to be mentally prepared if such should happen. I have not seen any purposeful collisions or any kind of vindictive flying attitudes here.

Bob and I also shot some video there. I need to post process and upload. That might not happen for a couple of weeks till I can get to a high speed connection. Dialup is all we have in Attica without going to sattelite.

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:25 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,850 Posts
I wondered who showed up, was intending to get there myself, but by the time I got the planes and batteries ready, walked out into a near whiteout! Decided to go to wallyworld and get my wife's present (probably a better idea, eh?) I even signed up at AMA Parkflyer membership - ah well, next week. Part of my delay was my indecision about which planes to take, based on the potential to get them sliced up! The other part was that I did get some flying in, took the dog out right after dawn, clear, wind was only about 5-6mph, temp in double digits (10-12!) so had to get the Red Pete out on her new skis. Had to relearn the takeoff process, lots of up ele, and steer on ground with rudder (I use ailerons to turn her, so kinda forgot the lt stick) Once learned it was fun! Got about 12 minutes in before the fingers got too cold. Good thing it's only about 100 ft to the house!
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OneSheeter#17 OSC140 debut
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:33 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,850 Posts
Checking usairnet and got this tonite, Can you believe it? do we have airsharks out there?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:47 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,626 Posts
Poor raindeer. Looks like they will fighting high winds all night tomorrow.

Merry Christmas,
Don
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:15 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
poor newb can't make the dome this weekend

Now I'm crying! Christmas has absolutely tapped us this year & I would have to get both my AMA cert and pay the session fee. Plus my sis is in town & this afternoon is our last chance to see each other. Already told the wife that I will be taking a Tue or 2 off in the coming months to go then.

When they say "per session", is that per flight? or per day? In other words, is a 11 - 1 pm 1 session?

Hope to join ya'll in the skies soon.

Jimmy
Old Dec 26, 2008, 10:31 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,682 Posts
Jimmy,

Per session means that day, 11-1. Last Tuesday we were flying at 10:30 and they let us go to 2pm.

Take care of the family. People are the only ones we can take to heaven with us. They are worth it.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 26, 2008, 11:05 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,850 Posts
usairnet says up to 56F this sat, so might be warmer outside if you like flying in wind! (and rain?)

Yesterday was a super flying day! all our kids at their inlaws yesteday, so just April and me. Wind pretty calm, sunny, snow. 29 total mins on the 42"BB, about the same on the Mite. skis on BB Great fun, she just floated around and touch and goes were a breeze, first session of Mite was wheels, then inside to make some skis and then skis. Man, flying tricycle gear on snow is a different animal! Finally broke off the nose gear mount, so many catch and flip landings. Now making a more robust but non swiveling nose gear mount.

I'll skip the sat session, family and church stuff. Will prob. see ya'll on tue.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 27, 2008, 01:09 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
Thx for the info Ken.
And you are right about family. But I have to ask, is it bad, or even evil, to get those same family members addicted to rc flight too?

Currently building my wife a Wattage Lite Stick & just cant wait until the daughter is old enough to try out the sticks!
I want to build her a mini Blue Baby sooo bad. Especially since finding the stuff in bulk at Lowes over on Gratiot in Clinton Twp.

Hey quick opinion poll.... is it worth the time to experiment with adding a servo & elevator to a 2 chnl AeroScout?
http://www.flyzoneplanes.com/airplanes/hcaa1990.html
I'm just pretty anxious to try my hand at creating & building vs saving up to buy a Citabria or 210 Cent. Or just scrap the idea all together & go for the mini Blue Baby. Notice when you print Tony's plans one page comes out that shows all the parts scaled down to fit on 1 page as a parts list. I would love to build it that actual size, or maybe slightly bigger.
Has that been done yet that anyone knows of?

Hope yall had a good Christmas & have a happy & safe New Year!!!

Jimmy
Old Dec 29, 2008, 07:41 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,850 Posts
Is anybody gonna be at Pontiac Soccer place tomorrow?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2008, 07:49 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,682 Posts
Hi Mike,

I will be there. While I got you online, check your PMs, just sent one. Don has company so I don't think he will make it to the soccer arena.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2008, 04:14 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,626 Posts
I did not see you guys there. I arrived about 12:20 and left about 1:20. I had out of town company so I did not fly. Just delivered a few motors guys had called me about. I was really suprised it was not more crowded. I had expected all the guys who can't make it out on most Tuesdays would be flying on this holiday week--wrong! Less crowded than normal. I was told last Saturday was also a lower than normal crowd--who would have thought. I was told Friday after Christmas was about normal but Saturday afternoon was "light".

I did discover Steve has been bringing Depron to sell. He was out of 6 mm but had about a 1/2 case of 3 mm. Only $6 for a sheet 27 1/2 by 39". (That's the biggest sheet of depron I have ever seen. Most I have purchased are cut down to 13X27.)
-- can't beat that price and Depron is my fav' building material. Another good reason to come out to Ultimate Soccer and see whats going on.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 06:13 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,850 Posts
Good intentions. . . I had full intention to go, but last night during the night had some kind of a sinus infection come on, was miserable all night, so today was snooze and putz around in slow motion.

I would have thought it would have been full too, wonder if that's what everyone not there also thought. "no use going, it's just gonna be packed". Ah, well, next week will be the "regular customers" i suppose. Must have been fun getting that big 3mm sheet to the car!
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 30, 2008, 09:24 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,626 Posts
Mike,
get well soon.
Ken came down with a bug also. That's why he did not make it either. Mary and I were both down with a flu like bug from Fri before Christmas til Tue. night. We were pretty much back to normal on Christmas eve. Maybe it's the cold and flu season keeping attendance down.

Yeap! Getting the 3 mm sheet to the car was a little exciting. In one hand I had a big box of motors, the other was guiding/flying the foam through the breeze. Trying to control it with out putting enough pressure on it to cause a crease was the challenge. That foam just wants to fly even before being shaped into a plane. I did manage to make it. No creases or dings, just one beautiful sheet of foam, waiting to be formed and powered up.

Did anyone else make it to Ultimate Soccer?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:05 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,850 Posts
Don: congrats on successfully getting the foam to the car! and on getting healthy. I'm better today, this usually gives me fits for a night then calms down to a "michigan nose" for a few more days. By next tue, all should be back to normal - got my parkflier ama receipt in hand, and will have $25 for a card. (oh boy, a new way to destroy my foamies!)
RCG Plus Member