HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:33 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,933 Posts
Dude, I was wondering if you were sitting at the computer eating your popcorn all afternoon waiting for me to post the ski stuff, and here it is just another FL comment! Just goes to show it's better to stay up here in MI and fly off the snow!
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:48 PM
Teterboro Tower-Piper 202
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Dude, I was wondering if you were sitting at the computer eating your popcorn all afternoon waiting for me to post the ski stuff, and here it is just another FL comment! Just goes to show it's better to stay up here in MI and fly off the snow!
I was @ Stoney this afternoon watching the ice fishermen, hockey players, and 2 of our guys flying. All from the inside of my warm car (probably warmer that Fla), and now I have the fireplace going...

Do they use fireplaces in Fla?

Dave F
>< *>
got-one is online now Find More Posts by got-one
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:35 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,933 Posts
Anybody going to ultimate soccer tomorrow for presidents day indoor flying? It's 11am-1pm.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:44 PM
United States, MI, Oxford Charter Township
Joined Dec 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
Anybody going to ultimate soccer tomorrow for presidents day indoor flying? It's 11am-1pm.
I would have loved to take my son to that, he is off of school, but we have an appointment to get the kids pictures taken, then we are going to Cranbrook, maybe another time.

Mike
Mikeofthenorth is online now Find More Posts by Mikeofthenorth
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:08 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one View Post
OK, What's the connection between the Seniors and SEMFF? I'm sitting here watching the Seniors tournament comming from Naples Fla. and the wind is howling around 30 to 35 mph. There's no way Don (bz1mcr) can be flying his foamy down there in that wind!!! Is there?
Some of our guys were flying at Stoney today with no wind and and 25F.
Dave F
>< *>
Right about that wind...just crazy hear. And a couple of days of cool weather highs only in the 60's. Guess I'll have another glass of wine and wait for the wind to drop off.

I have located a nice park with plenty of space. And, I have had some beautiful calm days when I flew all six batteries out. Just landing to change batteries and go back up.

Also, have some new batteries and props on the way from HK.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:13 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one View Post
I was @ Stoney this afternoon watching the ice fishermen, hockey players, and 2 of our guys flying. All from the inside of my warm car (probably warmer that Fla), and now I have the fireplace going...

Do they use fireplaces in Fla?

Dave F
>< *>
I have seen Fire places in a few model homes, but I've never seen one burning...ever. I think they sometimes put them in models just for the yankees, aka snowbirds.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:53 AM
Joe The Ripper
United States, MI, Washington
Joined Sep 2011
817 Posts
It was a great weekend for flying out at Stony Creek. Both days a bit breezy, and a few snow squals on Saturday but definitely flyable. Now that I have my main birds CorrosionX'd, my transmitter bag, and some good warm boots the snow doesn't bother me one bit, and winter isn't so bad anymore.
I put a new (6x4e) prop on my polaris and now it jumps off the ground with an 800 mAh 2S battery. I love this plane. Can't wait for spring to try it on water.
Joe
fannonjk is offline Find More Posts by fannonjk
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:54 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,738 Posts
Hey SEMFF!

In case anyone is interested, Propshop has the Eflite UMX GeeBee w/AS3X BNF for $65. Horizon is liquidating these. They come with a brushless motor, 2s battery and DC charger. Currently backordered and they won't be instock long at the propshop.

Seems worth the price of admission,
Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dz1sfb; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:02 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,738 Posts
Also wanted to share an awesome deal on a great flying micro quad. I picked up a Hubsan X4 from MassiveRC.com for what I thought was a good deal at $45.

The same machine from Banggood.com is $38.99 shipped.

This is a fabulously steady and stable machine that is definitely qualifies as a livingroom flyer. It gives me lots of practice for flying my larger one, and after running several batteries through it, made flying the larger one butter smooth.

Ken

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dz1sfb; Feb 19, 2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 04:53 PM
Autodidact
Joined Jan 2012
261 Posts
Thats an awesome deal Ken.... my SQ1 made a big difference in my flying abilities for my large Quad also... (still not so good at flying towards myself tho)
TEDious is offline Find More Posts by TEDious
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:11 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Wow that quad is pretty small,nice price though.Are you guy's having a meeting tommorow,or next week?
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:27 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,738 Posts
Pretty sure there is a meeting tomorrow. Need Mike to confirm it. I will be able to stop by, but not stay too long. Would love to show off the Hubsan X4.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Feb 19, 2013, 06:32 PM
Doink-not again :)...aka Greg
United States, MI, Sterling Heights
Joined Jul 2012
1,351 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
Also wanted to share an awesome deal on a great flying micro quad. I picked up a Hubsan X4 from MassiveRC.com for what I thought was a good deal at $45.

The same machine from Banggood.com is $38.99 shipped.

This is a fabulously steady and stable machine that is definitely qualifies as a livingroom flyer. It gives me lots of practice for flying my larger one, and after running several batteries through it, made flying the larger one butter smooth.

Ken :

I have heard many good things about this quad and massive RC. Make sure to put rubber pads under each motor - light on protection in a hard landing.

Would like to see it fly
Makdaddy is offline Find More Posts by Makdaddy
Last edited by Makdaddy; Feb 20, 2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 07:59 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,933 Posts
Meeting tomorrow night should be go!
I was thinking that I'd bring some wire and do some of the z, v and modified z bends. Also will bring the wattmeter and see what Joe's Polaris is pulling. So with the quads we should have a decent time chatting!

Oh, yeah, I'll bring the shirts!
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 19, 2013, 08:37 PM
United States, MI, Oxford Charter Township
Joined Dec 2012
452 Posts
I can't make it tomorrow, hope to make it next week.

Mike
Mikeofthenorth is online now Find More Posts by Mikeofthenorth