HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:18 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
Joe,
What motor and Prop are you running?

I have now visited the local clubs "Gas Field", and today there "electric only" field.
Both beautiful fields! At both they are flying bigger faster planes than we typically fly. Very nice guys and they nencouraged me to fly my slow fly. But, they spent far more time talking than flying. I may have been the only one there who flew two flights in an hour. None of the 8-10 guys were flying when I arrived, and none were flying when I left. I returned to the local park and had a great time, without the clubiness.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 02:50 PM
Old Bold Pilot
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr View Post
....I returned to the local park and had a great time, without the clubiness.
Without the clubiness....Isn't that a another way of saying you like the Unclub? We've still got to figure a way to hold a Tech Meeting in Naples...
Dave F
>< *>
got-one is offline Find More Posts by got-one
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:00 PM
Old Bold Pilot
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
671 Posts
Tech Meeting Quiz

Speaking of Tech Meeting, did any of you at last weeks meeting notice anytihing different or unusual about Mikes Xacto knife when he was demonstrating his hinging technique? This is a quiz.. If you know the answer, post it. For those not at last weeks' meeting I'll post my answer.... after I eat supper.
Dave F
>< *>
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:33 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by got-one View Post
Without the clubiness....Isn't that a another way of saying you like the Unclub? We've still got to figure a way to hold a Tech Meeting in Naples...
Dave F
>< *>
YEP, I'm a confirmed uncluber.

Tech. meeting of SEMFF in Naple's.... that sounds really challenging. But if you can pull it off I'll be there!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:38 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
Quote:
Speaking of Tech Meeting, did any of you at last weeks meeting notice anytihing different or unusual about Mikes Xacto knife when he was demonstrating his hinging technique? This is a quiz.. If you know the answer, post it. For those not at last weeks' meeting I'll post my answer.... after I eat supper.
Dave F
>< *>
I was not even there, but my guess is he had a triangle pencil holder on it. That will keep it from rolling off a table and stabbing you in the foot.

Many times have I jerked my foot out of the way of a falling Exacto....too many. But lucky so far!
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:43 PM
Build straight - Fly twisty
Australia, QLD, Little Mountain
Joined Feb 2010
4,209 Posts
Quote:
Dave F
>< *>
My guess, from halfway round the world, is that Mike's knife showed ample evidence of it spending a lot of time being caressed by its friend the sharpening stone.
It's quite keen on it but does find it a bit wearing.
Whiskers is offline Find More Posts by Whiskers
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:06 PM
Old Bold Pilot
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
671 Posts
Good answers comming in...but not close yet...Keep trying. I'll answer after my supper.
Dave F
>< *>
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:46 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,122 Posts
Did it have a metric conversion chart drawn on it so that he could convert 6mm tabs to imperial ?
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:52 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,562 Posts
I'm waiting with baited breath for the answer - I have no clue (other than Graham has me pegged) Guess I'll have to go up and check!
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 08:21 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer View Post
I'm waiting with baited breath
Maybe you should stop eating worms!
SGTalon is offline Find More Posts by SGTalon
Old Feb 05, 2013, 09:27 PM
Old Bold Pilot
USA, MI, Rochester
Joined Nov 2008
671 Posts
Ok...Ok...Ok. Here is the answer. Mike used a square chunk of MPF on the blade for protection and keep it from rolling. Now why did'nt I think of that?? Keep your eyes open at the Tech Meetngs, you never know what you might discover beyond what is being said.
Dave F
>< *>
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:13 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,122 Posts
Hey since i cant make a tech session heres a little Gem from Mr Morgan in his F16 thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=287

Its a goody
Wilfor is offline Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:53 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,562 Posts
What? You mean those sweet potato fries weren't sweet potatoes? Wondered why they smelled funny........
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:59 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,562 Posts
Chris: welcome to the unclub! You're an official non-member, having posted, and will be expected to not attend or vote, but can chat all ya want! The hatch cutout is slick! Thanks for posting it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:45 AM
GLMS
Michigan
Joined Jan 2007
568 Posts
OK SEMFF Gang, I will bring some more of my Swap Meet stuff tonight to the meeting. Here's a short list.

Zigg's Original AMA combat Corsair - Foam kit that is a little bigger than I like. Believe it has a 38" wing span. $20.00 (what I paid for it)

E-Flite Ultimate FX 3D - NIB Model only $50.00 /with E-flite Park 400 brushless motor $90.00

GWS Spitfire - NIB $45.00

GWS Formosa - NIB $25.00

Chartpak Graphic Tape - $1.00 each

And that only is scratching the surface, lol. If your interested let me know at the meeting tonight.

John
mav913 is offline Find More Posts by mav913