Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joe The Ripper
United States, MI, Washington
Joined Sep 2011
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XDmToter View Post
Here you go Don. A write up on using 2 gyros mounted on a 45 to control Elevons without an onboard mixer. I don't see why this wouldn't also work with a 3 axis gyro mounted on an angle.

http://www.mycoolrc.com/gyro/elevongyroinstall.html

Enjoy.
Thanks for the link on the gyro setup. This was very useful and led me to a much better way to setup my T-28, even though it is not an elevon system. Thanks for adding it.
Joe
fannonjk is offline Find More Posts by fannonjk
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
397 Posts
SGTalon: That is awesome. Finally, a plane my wife might actually give a second look!
XDmToter is offline Find More Posts by XDmToter
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:48 PM
Joined Apr 2012
397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannonjk View Post
Thanks for the link on the gyro setup. This was very useful and led me to a much better way to setup my T-28, even though it is not an elevon system. Thanks for adding it.
Joe
Glad I could help!
XDmToter is offline Find More Posts by XDmToter
Old Sep 24, 2012, 12:05 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,529 Posts
Tuesdays winds look OK at 9 going to 4, but chance of parcipitation is over 30% Stay tuned. But, for now I plan to be there.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joe The Ripper
Joined Sep 2011
664 Posts
Chance of Precip is now down to 20% in Washington and 70 degrees w/9 MPH winds. Looks like a flyable night. I plan to be there.
Joe
Old Sep 25, 2012, 10:37 AM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,529 Posts
Airnet for Pontiac says 11 mph dropping to 5 and 45% chance for parcipitation... still OK by me. I'll be there.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 05:28 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,342 Posts
Richard,
Maidened the green Frog at home with one of my rxs. Flys beautifully and got a better finish on the edges of the foam. Fully taped the open foam edges on the front, top, and bottom of the fuselage. Had to buy a new film sealing iron this week and that allowed me finish the machined edges nicer. Made the battery hatch longer so that it holds closed without tape. You'll like that.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dz1sfb; Sep 26, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:25 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,529 Posts
Great combat Tuesday. Jim claimed the crown, but had to rip it out of Mikes fingers with 2, or was it 3 cuts, in the last round. Mike was reigning King and the only other contender this week. Besides Jim and Mike, the rest of us (John, Joe, and I) had only one cut each. Great flying Jim! Hope to see you all next Tuesday.

PS---The organizers of the indoor Tuesday flying session are gathering input on starting an indoor combat series. Stay tuned as they ponder "rules" and gather inputs.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 09:49 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,463 Posts
ha! saw that, and the first thought that came to mind was that they would probably get caught up in rules and take all the fun out of it for us.....
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 27, 2012, 01:07 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,342 Posts
Just want to share another idea that there might be interest here for. Guys on the West coast are doing full contact combat with F-22s like Teds that are scaled down to 22" They have an interesting scoring system. Take a look here and see what you think http://www.ronknight.com/72056.html

They might even be suitable for the indoor scene.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:03 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,103 Posts
Ken, take a peek at the first page on Dekan's F22 thread. There is a video of them going full contact with 22"ers. Looks to be good fun. Prop in the slot means just foam damage for the most part. That plane is so easy to build too. And just elevons.
That was one of my favorite planes to fly both gung ho and low & slow.
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:48 AM
Joe The Ripper
Joined Sep 2011
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb View Post
Just want to share another idea that there might be interest here for. Guys on the West coast are doing full contact combat with F-22s like Teds that are scaled down to 22" They have an interesting scoring system. Take a look here and see what you think http://www.ronknight.com/72056.html

They might even be suitable for the indoor scene.

Ken
Ken
I liked the rules for their dogfighting, and their scoring scheme has some interesting features. The strange thing though is that all of the planes they were displaying in their pictures were prestine with no gorilla glue lines or damage - very strange for a full contact sport.
Joe
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joe The Ripper
Joined Sep 2011
664 Posts
Challenge to the Gang!
It gets dark so darn early on Tuesday's that we only get 3-4 combats in now. However, the good news is that the night flying has been absolutely a rush. It would be even more fun though if there were a couple other people with lights to make the sky really light up. You can get LED's very cheap at HobbyPartz.com and HobbyKing.com
Joe
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannonjk View Post
...The strange thing though is that all of the planes they were displaying in their pictures were prestine with no gorilla glue lines or damage - very strange for a full contact sport.
Joe
Those are probably the before shots. LOL

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
634 Posts
Hi guys,I have been trying all day to post a video to my blog,and can't figure it out.I have it up on youtube and tried.I searched for a thread on it to no avail.And have seen it posted but don't remember where.Any help appreciated.Scott
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076