SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Aug 24, 2012, 01:33 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,783 Posts
Regardless of what we all said, It's only foam, so build it! Even if it doesn't snag the streamers any better it'll look cool in the air!

An interesting thought: most of us have tweaked the F&F design in some way (airfoils, fuse, wing shape, etc etc.). Sometime, like when we get shut out by rain, we should declare a tech meeting at Callaways and do a pro's and con's discussion of all the variations!
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Hi guys I have a question,I dont know who else to ask so-Is there printer paper to make decals?Do I need a special printer?I'm trying to figure out how to put on the sharksmouth on my OSP-40.The easy stuff I can airbrush,but there has to be an easier way for detail stuff.Thanks for the help.

Scott
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:16 PM
Joined Apr 2012
432 Posts
Hi Scott.

I've used Avery Clear inkjet labels. They are available in 8.5x11 sheets. You just print whatever you want, cut it out, and stick it on. Be warned though; They are not truly clear. More like a translucent white. Only a little bit of the under-color will show through.
I got them from either Staples or OfficeMax.
Hope that helps.

Edit: Avery # 8665
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Pro...bels_08665.htm

Keith.
XDmToter is offline Find More Posts by XDmToter
Last edited by XDmToter; Aug 26, 2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:47 PM
United States, MI, Warren
Joined Aug 2011
642 Posts
Excellent Thank you.I'll check the office stores.

edit:the local office max had 'em now to make use of a sheet.Thanks Keith.
maurice076 is offline Find More Posts by maurice076
Last edited by maurice076; Aug 26, 2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:18 PM
AKA ... Vic
United States, MI, Troy
Joined Jun 2012
33 Posts
Hey Guys... Just got my X8 FPX UAV platform.. It's frickin huge.. I will bring it out for the guys to check it out... I got alot of work to do on it know.. 6 months of collecting the electronics for it... cant wait to get it going ... See you guys tuesday...

Vic
Venturtronics is offline Find More Posts by Venturtronics
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:50 PM
Soul-Fisher
Joined Aug 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fannonjk View Post
TIm
Please don't take our critiques of you proposed design personally. It's just that we are all anxious to share our experiences (some of which came with significant cost and wasted time) to all members of our fantastic flying group with the goal of advancing the aggregate knowledge base and perhaps generating some real exciting and useful aircraft designs.
Joe
Thanks Joe, no I definitely don't take these critiques personally! I've learned more from All you guys than I've paid for in a semester at college. I did take your advice (Ken) and moved the motor 1" forward. Im debating if I want to make it more bird like and do a di and an hedral in the same wing. Up from fuselage out then down again half way? I can 3D model it in sketchup but how to actually build it? Straight wing for a combat model of this plane though.
TimRyder is online now Find More Posts by TimRyder
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:43 PM
It's Good to be Retired!
Oxford, MI
Joined Feb 2007
697 Posts
Tuesday tomorrow!

Wind looks to be manageable, temperatures mild, should be a wonderful night for combat. I plan on being at Stony tomorrow between 4 and 5, hope to see most of you there.

Jordon
Jordonr is offline Find More Posts by Jordonr
Old Aug 27, 2012, 08:38 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRyder View Post
Thanks Joe, no I definitely don't take these critiques personally! I've learned more from All you guys than I've paid for in a semester at college. I did take your advice (Ken) and moved the motor 1" forward. Im debating if I want to make it more bird like and do a di and an hedral in the same wing. Up from fuselage out then down again half way? I can 3D model it in sketchup but how to actually build it? Straight wing for a combat model of this plane though.
Tim,
The di-anhedral sounds great for the bird like plane. Kind of a reverse Corsair wing. Maybe make up a preformed spar like the Corsair.

Yeh, straight for combat is a good idea. I love it with all the takes on the F&F and Funbat. Seeing some diversity here keeps things interesting.

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:09 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,609 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordonr View Post
Tuesday tomorrow!

Wind looks to be manageable, temperatures mild, should be a wonderful night for combat. I plan on being at Stony tomorrow between 4 and 5, hope to see most of you there.

Jordon
Me Too!
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:59 AM
GLMS
Michigan
Joined Jan 2007
570 Posts
I will be there this afternoon.

Jordon - are you still interested in the GWS Slow Stick I have? There is actually an assembled plane that is a little dusty and then a second one that has 98% of the parts for spares. The foam is still sealed in the bag it came in. The assembled one has 2408-21 Tower motor on it with the ESC and servos, basically throw a receiver in it and go fly.

John
mav913 is offline Find More Posts by mav913
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:12 AM
Joe The Ripper
United States, MI, Washington
Joined Sep 2011
766 Posts
I should be out there by 5:00 today. I'm bringing a new FnF equipped with LED's for night flying. It's starting to get darker by the time we finish combat, so I figure it will allow some extend fly time.

Don or Ken, can you please bring another prop nose cone I can buy in case my new FnF has a CG problem? Thanks.
Joe
fannonjk is offline Find More Posts by fannonjk
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:21 PM
It's Good to be Retired!
Oxford, MI
Joined Feb 2007
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mav913 View Post
I will be there this afternoon.

Jordon - are you still interested in the GWS Slow Stick I have? There is actually an assembled plane that is a little dusty and then a second one that has 98% of the parts for spares. The foam is still sealed in the bag it came in. The assembled one has 2408-21 Tower motor on it with the ESC and servos, basically throw a receiver in it and go fly.

John
John,

The unassembled one is the one I want, I have all the equipment.

Thanks,

Jordon
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:24 PM
It's Good to be Retired!
Oxford, MI
Joined Feb 2007
697 Posts
Don,

I am in need of a 30A ESC, so please bring one of those and 4-5 sets of the little gold bullet connectors.

Thanks,

Jordon
Old Aug 28, 2012, 08:54 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,560 Posts
Great afternoon/evening of combat!

Don has done it again. He's the 4 time reigning King of Kombat. Congrats!!

Lot of action in spite of the wind being a bit brisk. Alot of folks out this evening to spectate as well.

Found the website that has the folded cardstock models that I brought this evening. Here it is http://www.infosnow.ne.jp/~suzuki-a/ Lots of other models as well.

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:21 PM
GLMS
Michigan
Joined Jan 2007
570 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how to upload the video from tonight. I'' try again tomorrow.

John
mav913 is offline Find More Posts by mav913