HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 17, 2008, 10:19 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,135 Posts
Mike has been out to my house to fly. He lives right next to the Kriewall Field. But i don't think he has ever been there. 15 miles or so i would say.

Summertime i fly all the time. Winter, i am not so keen on being out to fly. I hate flying with gloves on and my fingers freeze without them!
SGTalon is offline Find More Posts by SGTalon
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:40 AM
Hack of all trades...
Detroit, Michigan
Joined Oct 2004
371 Posts
As long as we're noting e-friendly flying sites, here's another one:

Joseph Delia Park, Sterling Heights. North side of 18 Mile Road between Dequindre and Ryan.

Haven't flown there in a long time, but I'll bet people still do.

Smooth
Smooth Spanky is offline Find More Posts by Smooth Spanky
Old Dec 18, 2008, 08:22 AM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,135 Posts
I heard that Troy passed a new law this summer that had no RC allowed at their public parks. Apparently some people were stupid...
Old Dec 18, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hack of all trades...
Detroit, Michigan
Joined Oct 2004
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
I heard that Troy passed a new law this summer that had no RC allowed at their public parks. Apparently some people were stupid...
Wow, I hadn't heard that...what a bummer. All it takes is one knucklehead to ruin it for everone else.

Smooth
Old Dec 18, 2008, 10:43 AM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Feb 2008
537 Posts
Out Ann Arbor way, I learned the hard way that Lodi Township does not allow any RC flight. Actually they said all RC in general, aircraft, boats and cars. That is kind of a bummer.

On a related note, did you see the post from the Walled Lake electric flyer's club?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=970060

They just posted their new Jan 09 newsletter, but they list an indoor fly site in Pontiac that might be interesting to some folks if they don't know about it already.

Best wishes
TacoChuck is offline Find More Posts by TacoChuck
Last edited by TacoChuck; Dec 18, 2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Updated to be more accurate about the EFO newsletter
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:07 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,341 Posts
TC,

Thats the site Bz1mcr, Springer, and myself attended Tuesday. Excellent experience.

http://www.skymasters.org/events/indoor/

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:33 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,341 Posts
Attica, MI flying site.

Just to let those know where my favorite test site is and also where Don and Mike will be coming to see the Iron Phlatprinter in operation. BTW, you guys should probably bring something to fly. Maybe we could do BB24's with skis.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2008, 12:36 PM
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Feb 2008
537 Posts
Oh I see. I thought there was another indoor soccer place more toward the east side that you went to. That place looks great for winter time flying and trimming planes. Being a newbie I have always thought it would be great to get in some place like that so I could get my trimming done in such a still air environment.
TacoChuck is offline Find More Posts by TacoChuck
Old Dec 18, 2008, 02:20 PM
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,135 Posts
OOOOOOOH!!! I want in on the Iron Phlatprinter!
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:41 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,341 Posts
Dennis,

I will let you know when we are getting together. It will be between Christmas and New years. Hopefully that will work for you.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:29 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Just to let those know where my favorite test site is and also where Don and Mike will be coming to see the Iron Phlatprinter in operation. BTW, you guys should probably bring something to fly. Maybe we could do BB24's with skis.

Ken
Sounds like great fun if the weather cooperates.
Don
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Dec 19, 2008, 10:51 AM
Hack of all trades...
Detroit, Michigan
Joined Oct 2004
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTalon
Don't want to beat a dead horse, but was thinking about this yesterday. Since this park is in Sterling Heights, not Troy, I'm wondering if it's still an ok place to fly. It would be a shame if it's not...there were pretty nice places to ROG or belly flop on grass. I hardly ever drive past it any more...I'll have to take a look one of these days.

Smooth
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:19 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,341 Posts
Hi Smooth,

I am sure that the Field in Sterling Heights at the church is still good to fly at. I am told the property is owned by the public school system. The church does not mind if we fly there, as we use their parking lot to access the field. I would just not fly during services.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:24 AM
Hack of all trades...
Detroit, Michigan
Joined Oct 2004
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Hi Smooth,

I am sure that the Field in Sterling Heights at the church is still good to fly at. I am told the property is owned by the public school system. The church does not mind if we fly there, as we use their parking lot to access the field. I would just not fly during services.

Ken
dz1sfb:
Sorry I should have been more specific. I was referring to the Joseph Delia park (18 Mile and Dequindre) being in Sterling Heights, not Troy (where flying is apparently banned in parks).

Yeah, I pass the church park off Schoenherr at least twice a day and see guys out there all the time. Hopefully everyone will continue to respect the church lot, the houses to the North of the field, and generally keep things clean.

Smooth
Old Dec 19, 2008, 11:31 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,341 Posts
Joseph Delia Park in Sterling Heights, MI

Looks like they have a few places available. One of my coworkers lives around there. I wonder If this is where he lost his Blu-Baby.

If you find one that looks like this with Polish Air Force insignia on the rudder and wing. Give me a shout. I know who lost it.

Ken
RCG Plus Member