Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:19 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,553 Posts
USairnet still says low to mid twenties all afternoon, and winds 3-4mph til evening when there's a 55% chance of snow, and winds up a little. One never knows, tho. I'll be ready for it, just in case!

Dennis: hey guy, I flew in your crazy wind, flying in no wind at sub freezing temps isn't bad! 8^)

Jimmy: Welcome! all noobs are welcome, we're all noobs in one area or another, The bb gear sounds about right. you'll probably want to get several props in the 8-9" sizes to tune it's performance. What batteries are you using? I started with nimh's and always had a heavy plane that flew "ok" but not really well or for a long time (too cheap to get the good big ones), then switched to lipos and all of a sudden life was good! Hope to see ya tomorrow at one place or the other.

Smooth: Hope ya can make it to either of the places. I think the soccer flying is til 2, so prob no one at Stoney til 3 or later. Look for the two tall skinny old guys. 8^)
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
BUILDIN-FLYIN-CRASHIN-FUN
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
482 Posts
I'LL join in on this thread. HI, pilots. this sounds good to me. i been building a scratch FFF Nutball, 3 of them, built the capricorn,FFF F22,and a few others.My fleet is great planes mini slinger,miglet edf,stearman pt17,and some nitro planes,multiplex ez star w/bl upgrades,one heli.brushless and lipos are mostly my choice. flyin with the spektrum dx6 radio. i mostly scratch build ,and mostly with Lowes blu FFF,gorilla glue,hot glue.
MYHELIGUY is offline Find More Posts by MYHELIGUY
Last edited by MYHELIGUY; Dec 15, 2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 01:19 AM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,249 Posts
count me in..

In few months I'd like to join you guys,I have most of the usual scratch foamies we all love..and a *few* balsa kitted planes,see you in April.
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:58 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,386 Posts
Wow! Great response. I am going to the indoors and probably outdoors as well (if the weather is good) today. I will have my prototype Blazy Bee there also.

See you there today,

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Dec 16, 2008, 08:43 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
Welcome Jimmy, myheliguy, and SkyPileit! Join us any time.
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Last edited by bz1mcr; Dec 16, 2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 08:47 AM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
It's a beautiful morning and the winds are calm.........BUT, a predicted high of only 23? Burrr!

My fingers got numb just going to the mail box. Unless it gets a bit warmer than expected... I'll pass on flying at Stony today.
Don
Old Dec 16, 2008, 10:05 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,141 Posts
One of these days i am going to need to go get an AMA membership. I just can;t afford it!!!

Why do you think i fly foamies!
SGTalon is offline Find More Posts by SGTalon
Old Dec 16, 2008, 04:51 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,386 Posts
Dennis,
How about the park flyer membership. Its perfect and accepted at the indoor facility.

BTW, it was a great time. Mike and Don where there, and we all had a good time. I think Mike had a good time in spite just being able to spectate. Lots a aircraft in the air at all time. They had a raffle, of which I won a foamie kit from Hobby Lobby (Yak 55). Definately worth the bucks. Lots of folks to talk and share with.

Ken )
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2008, 04:53 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,386 Posts
Oh yeh! Chickened out for outdoors today. Too ccccccold!

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:06 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,553 Posts
Well, I stopped at Stoney on way home - got there about 3:30 only one there was the guy we met earlier in the year that flies the really tiny twins. He had a single and a 9 or 10" wingspan B-25 he'd bashed from a couple of kits. Looked really good, and flew well, if not very scale. Can't see a 25 doing loops and going vertical! 8^). I flew the BB24 for about 5-10 min, but the wind was coming up and temps going down by then, though i guess it was almost calm about 3. Not nearly as much fun as would have been if there were snow to fly off. I learned they closed the parking lot where we parked, so they don't have to plow it. Will be sweet nice smooth snow there eventually.

It was fun to spectate at the indoor fly. May get me to pop for a parkflyer AMA membership yet! Would be fun to fly in "still" air for a change. On the other hand, one doesn't want to take a plane he can't afford to have attacked by others (inadvertently, of course!), unless just for show and tell.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2008, 05:40 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,363 Posts
I am over in Canton where I fly at Flying Pilgrims which is due north of Willow Run airport. I will enjoy this thread simply because it's about rc flyers in my part of the country.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2008, 06:01 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,542 Posts
Prof,
What is Flying Pilgrims? club field, park, other...
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:29 PM
I'm overcoming gravity!
USA, NC, Huntersville
Joined Jul 2008
3,826 Posts
Hi guys, have you noticed the "Clubs" tab in the center of the blue bar that runs across your screen on RCG? This is where groups like yours are supposed to post your threads. I mean no disrespect, but if everyone posted their local group threads in the scratchbuilt foamies forum then it would get pretty unorganized don't you think?
Murman is online now Find More Posts by Murman
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:55 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,363 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatulator
Hi guys, have you noticed the "Clubs" tab in the center of the blue bar that runs across your screen on RCG? This is where groups like yours are supposed to post your threads. I mean no disrespect, but if everyone posted their local group threads in the scratchbuilt foamies forum then it would get pretty unorganized don't you think?
You are right.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2008, 09:39 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,553 Posts
I guess it might be, if we were a club. on the other hand several of the threads here constitute clubs of guys who like/build/fly a particular plane, or planes. I had completely missed the items in the blue bar, although I knew about the clubs way down in the forum lists. Went there, looked around, and we already have more hits than most of the real or virtual clubs in that forum in only a couple of days. Must have hit a nerve, or met a need of some kind. One never knows, this thread may get buried back in the archives, or it may stay current. depends on the interest, like always.
RCG Plus Member