HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Feb 08, 2009, 12:46 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
No go at Barrymores for indoor flying

Went to Barrymore's Dome last night, they do not allow rc flight of any kind. As a matter of fact as soon as I started to mention "when you are slow or have no golfers" he was already shaking his head no.
So if there is a Dome in Macomb Cnty that allows planes, it is yet undiscovered.

I'm going to keep trying though.

Jimmy
Jimmy JFlyer is online now Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:11 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
Hey Springer, here's pics of the esc & motor I pm'd you about.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:13 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
Springer, this is the little slo flyer yet rocket ship if needed I was telling you about.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=764114

Really like this little plane. only 18" ws and can use the bw I got also.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 09:30 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
map of the park

Springer, here is the pics showing the park I was telling you about. It's on South Blvd. May even be the loc of the soccer field. Figure we could just meet there. How far from there are you doing breakfast? I'll have the van loaded up & head out probably after breakfast with the family. Gonna take the wifey's van & sto n go the seats & take the power inverter so I can run glue gun or soldering iron if absolutely needed.
Let me know about what time you would like to meet.

Jimmy
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:03 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
check this little guy out

Stumbled on this little guy, though he was neat. I'll be doing something similar with my Yellow Bee guts.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1001884

I love being on vacation.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:57 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
quick bl question...

Heys guys, noob here needs a little clarification on the designations of brushless motors.
The #'s. Basically what they mean.
Like my 1400 kv Turnigy cdr is a c2822.....2822?
Axi 2208... 2208?
gws 2215 / 12t....2215?....12t?
I have really been studying how alot of this works when I can afford the time to read a bit & am seeing this alot and would like to be able to understand what it all means in depth. I can see eventually I would like to design my own scratch. Would like to try & get a better understanding of it all.

Thx for any advice you may have to offer.

Jimmy
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:20 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,738 Posts
Jimmy,
Manufacturers are not consistant with what these numbers mean. In general though, the those series of four numbers relate to the size of the stator. For example 2208, 22 = the diameter of the stator. The 08 is the thickness of the stator. Suppo and AXI use this designation. Electrifly and Turnigy seem to use the first two numbers to represent the outside diameter of the magnet bell.

Another number to consider is the number of turns that is at times included in the number, such as Suppo's 2204-14. The 14 = the number of turns on each stator tooth, and is helpful for comparison and directly related to Kv output. Even this is not consistant with manufacturers though.

You going to the Soccer Arena tomorrow? I am planning to be there. I'll be the guy flying the Sea BB.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:12 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,933 Posts
Ken: jim and I are gonna meet earlier at the park off 59 in post 214 between 9:30 and 10 to do some fine tuning of his T1. Wanna meet us out in the cold? Do you happen to know when they open the doors?
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:33 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
Great Ken, I'm going. It'll be nice to finally meet ya! Meeting Mike at that park mentioned above 9:30ish to try & iron out any last minute wrinkles with my T1. It's been a wild ride getting this thing together just using the hodge podge of stuff I have gotten from the classifieds here before I knew any better.
Leave it to a noob to take an easy build trainer & turn it into a full blown r&d science project.
Unfortunately I wont be able to maiden my BB as I just don't have all the right gear yet. Last piece to that puzzle will be a lipo & charger. I'll have it with me though for some insp'g by you guru's.
I'll also have my Slo-V which hasn't maidened yet, and my little AeroScout.
One way or another, I'll be in the air with something!
I'm actually taking a few right now to repl my bad rx with the one Rcdadx2 (Vince Pettke) let me use for the T1 then maybe try to get a little more headway on the BB. Plus, if I run out of batt power on what I do have, I'll have the glue gun & soldering iron with me & will work on the BB some more.

I'll see ya in the morning!

Jimmy

Oh yeah Mike, I won't have the fancy schmancy van with the sto n go seats like I thought, wifey needs it. There goes the nice comfy work room. But my other mini van will work, just gotta yank a couple seats clean up a bit. I'll have my power verter & power pack so we can run any thing we need or charge batts.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 12:01 AM
Joined Dec 2008
5,122 Posts
ahhh 5 j250 motors... $12.00 shipped!!!

I seriously need to keep my nose out of the classifieds.
Guys take a peek.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1001276

5 j250's for $12.00 shipped. saya they are new but ya never know.
I hate credit debt, I hate spend freezes, I hate staying out of trouble!!!
If it wasn't for needing lipo & charger so dam bad...ah the temptation.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 04:47 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,738 Posts
Well I think we all had a good time at the Soccer Arena today. I enjoyed meeting many new friends, JimmyJFlyer, Skypileit, and his friend Rich with his DC-3. Of course Springer was there as well as the elusive MysteryMan (Randy).

It was fun lending a hand and helping Jimmy get his T1 into the wild blue. He did a great job flying.

Got to let others fly my Sea BB, and the Blazy Bee.

I think this was the nicest time I have had there. Good thing to finish on a high note. I used up my last punch and will not renew until this fall.

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by dz1sfb; Feb 17, 2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo's and names
Old Feb 17, 2009, 05:02 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,933 Posts
Yup, it were a great time! great to meet all you guys in person, put faces to the usernames! And definitely congrats to jimmy on his successful maiden of T1! Welcome to the ranks of foamy scratchbuilders and the strange sickness that the blu foam brings!

Guess what came in the mail when I got home? (460mah battery about half the weight of the 900s i'm trying to fly in the minipete) ah, well, flies better out in the wild blu yonder anyway!

No more punches????? and still 3 more weeks of winter! Hey, we could get together for a snow fly-in! just said 3-8in over next couple days.. . ..
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:33 PM
did a reversed Immelman..once.
Novi, Michigan
Joined Nov 2002
2,254 Posts
New foam flying friends..

yes,it was fun today at the indoor soccer facility,I had the opportunity to meet a few new buds & put a face to RC Groups names I've been reading about for months,I met Springer,Ken & Jimmy..all nice guys..!Ken let me have a few minutes stick time with his 'Blazey-Bee'..real fun plane & a smooth flyin' Bee,Thanks Ken.!

Rich got a lot of looks & Q's flying his DC-3(C-47) with navigational lights,real cool military twin...

We'll get together sometime soon,either indoor or another location this spring/summer...sorry,I only brought my little point 'n shoot camera,but I did get a few in-flight pics of the above mentioned pilots' planes.

1.Springers' 24in. BB

2.Kens' Sea baby

3.Jimmys' T1

4.Richs' DC-3
SKYPILEIT is offline Find More Posts by SKYPILEIT
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:44 PM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,775 Posts
I was there and met very friendly folks and saw these planes fly. It was my first time at the indoor flying meet.
I even saw the flying hydro hit the wall. The hydro seemed to be too heavy.

How about the EDF Slowstick, way too cool.

thanks for posting the pics
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Last edited by IWC; Feb 17, 2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 08:04 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,933 Posts
sky: thanks for taking pix!
IWC: I missed the wall hit, but I think I saw the pieces fluttering to the ground for some time after!
RCG Plus Member