SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 15, 2009, 02:02 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,834 Posts
Ok, when I get back from TX, I'll post the order setup and timing.
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OneSheeter#17 OSC140 debut
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:05 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Jim: Bummer that we can't seem to get together, hopefully one of the guys will be available this week (I'm leaving for tx soon, so am preoccupied with that). Couple of years ago, I was in New Orleans for a week but couldn't get the timing worked out to visit with gpw and msmith - and I was building and flying his T1 at the time. Was bummed about that!
I hear you. We have been non stop since getting here. Yesterday we spent the day up in the Port Austin area. The Lake was perfect. It's past the season so, exept for a few people, we had the beach all to ourselves.

We are headed over to fly with a few people this AM at East Wings. Getting there about 10ish. Might be 11ish if everyone sleeps in.

Jim
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Sep 16, 2009, 09:39 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Anyone interested in doing a group order to Deamextreme for some Mystery 2s 900's? Shipping is free, but the more you order, the lower the price each is.
Mike,

Put me down for 6 Mystery's

Ken
dz1sfb is offline Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Sep 16, 2009, 09:41 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,673 Posts
Flying this week!

Any way to get together this Thursday? I got a fresh SeaBB looking for an opportunity.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:31 AM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Flying this week!

Any way to get together this Thursday? I got a fresh SeaBB looking for an opportunity.

Ken
I'm available tomorrow. Stony? What time?
bz1mcr is offline Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:36 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
I'm available tomorrow. Stony? What time?
How about 3:30 PM?

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:47 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,625 Posts
Sounds like Ken and I will be at Stony Park tomorrow at 3:30 PM. All are welcome. If you have not had a chance to checkout the flying site in the Oakgrove picnic area this would be a good time.
Don
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:51 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,625 Posts
Indoor flying at Ultimate Soccer will be Tuesdays from 11AM to 1 PM, beginning November 10, 2009.

See if you can find some time on your calandars for some great indoor flying.

Don
Old Sep 16, 2009, 02:47 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bz1mcr
Indoor flying at Ultimate Soccer will be Tuesdays from 11AM to 1 PM, beginning November 10, 2009.

See if you can find some time on your calandars for some great indoor flying.

Don
I spent all my vacation time.

That is definitely a great place for flying.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2009, 05:44 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
Being out of the loop stinks. But being out of the loop for good reason makes up for it though.
Sure wish I could do Stoney tomorrow. Probably won't be flying much over the next few weeks except for the occasional stop on the way home flight over at the soccer fields in Sterling Heights.
Last time out there was a big group of guys playing frizbee football. They seem'd to loose their concentration with a BA screaming over head.

As for Indoor flying, I am trying to figure out a way to get my boss to let me take at least 1 2 hour lunch per month so I can make it out a few times at least.

Does anyone know if you can pay just the 5 bux PER session? I lost my punch card & know I won't be spending the $25.00 up front.

I gotta pass on the Mystery batts. I am gonna get the mixer from Don & need 1 big 3s for the jets. That about uses up my spending funds for a while.

TTFN
Jimmy
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
Old Sep 16, 2009, 08:54 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,673 Posts
Peak wind speed looks like 6 mph for tomorrow PM. Should be decent.

Ken
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 16, 2009, 09:45 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,834 Posts
Gonna miss this thur session, of course. Brought three planes with me down to TX, tho, will fly if winds get down to 6mph! Enjoy yourselves!
springer is online now Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OneSheeter#17 OSC140 debut
Old Sep 19, 2009, 02:06 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
found my card reader yay!

Hey fella's.
So I found my card reader today & thanks to Dave, (JollyRgr4U) who gave me an sd card since I lost mine...thx again Dave!... I can once again post pics.
So we start with the initial build pics of my first own fuse design for my 22" Mudbug. Just did the TLAR method after looking at pics of the model's review thread. Started out great but took a long time to get as far as I did, then put the lt side on & glued it up offset. Complete scrap. I was bummed but it wasn't a total failure. I still had my wing pieces & cut out ribs last night & put a very nice 3mm depron 4-40 wing together.
Now I just gotta decide what type of fuse to put her on. I also have the Mudbugs tailfeathers as well.
Built up full fuse is out of the question. Just not enough free time. I don't have the patience to build this one in that fashion as Indoor is just around the corner & the sun is going down earlier everyday. I will save the full fuse build concentration for Ken's OshKosh.

So I want to keep her super light. Can't decide whether to do some form of profile similar to the Diddlebug, Diddlerod series or just go with a dowel rod & go Vapor style. Either way, I figure with the 10g outrunner & 2s 360's, she be a real nice flyer. I spent 2 hours making sure to build the wing w/o any warps too. Since it is so fragile & lightweight it took just little beads/spots of hot glue here & there to get her solid & straight. Actually pretty easy.

So here's some pics guys.
TTFN
Jimmy

ps... now that I can post pics again, ya'll know I couldn't resist a pic or 2 of my true Pride & Joy, my True Addiction.
Old Sep 19, 2009, 04:37 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,150 Posts
Where'd you get all that white foam Jimmy? I keep wanting to use it but it is so dang expensive at the hobby shop.

Personally i am not into the old time looking planes. But i have a friend that has a ton of them. They fly great.

I have not had a lot of time for planes lately so I don't know if i will be getting another plane in the air this season or not. Kind of a bummer.

Are we planning any more weekend flying?
SGTalon is offline Find More Posts by SGTalon
Old Sep 19, 2009, 05:48 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,121 Posts
"Where'd you get all that white foam Jimmy?"

Would you believe that is from about 3/4 of 1 sheet of 12 x I think 36 inch 3mm depron from Flightline Hobbies in Lake Orion. It was actually given to me by RCdad a while back but I always look at their foam when I go there. 1 sheet is like 5 bones or less.
They get their foam from RCFOAM and they said they are gonna start stocking more foam of all sizes of EPP & Depron since the indoor season is coming. That is probably the cheapest outlet for foam for us Michiganders other than online. Thats where Ken gets his too.

"Personally i am not into the old time looking planes. But i have a friend that has a ton of them. They fly great."

I am a sucker for Old Timers. They are my favorite.

"I have not had a lot of time for planes lately so I don't know if i will be getting another plane in the air this season or not. Kind of a bummer."

I know the feeling man. Kinda hurts ya right there don't it.

"Are we planning any more weekend flying?"

Lord I hope so! Next weekend or 2 I am probably out but I definitely want to hook up again and with a good enough heads up, I could make it, just need to plan. I have had something else in RL going on and the weekends are pretty nutty. But with planning I can make it.

Heading for Brandenburg Park for dinner picnic with the fam & taking the T1 & BA too. Just in case.

Also got my BP21's from GPW.. um I mean Santa... and gonna redo the BA then build the F16.

Things are crazy these days for sure but I will definitely figure out a way to get airtime.
gotta go
TTFN
Jimmy