Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
View Poll Results: Which type of combat do you prefer?
One design (same plane shape/size) with common and battery) 1 4.35%
Similiar planes (Kens single motor combat planes) and common motor and battery. 14 60.87%
No limits except battery size (900 mAh 2S) 3 13.04%
Anything that flies....no limits 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 07, 2009, 07:20 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,444 Posts
Jimmy: Didja stay for the parade? You would have seen me pulling the Stoney Creek Community float. Was a bit breezy today out our way, not the best flying, but tolerable, unfortunately I was otherwise occupied - putting along at 20mph all the way into Romeo (and back). So when are you available????? Not doing much between midnight and 6 am are you? Gonna have to put lights on em! Ya know, we could do two sessions.....
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2009, 08:28 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by springer
Jimmy: Didja stay for the parade? You would have seen me pulling the Stoney Creek Community float. Was a bit breezy today out our way, not the best flying, but tolerable, unfortunately I was otherwise occupied - putting along at 20mph all the way into Romeo (and back). So when are you available????? Not doing much between midnight and 6 am are you? Gonna have to put lights on em! Ya know, we could do two sessions.....
Nah, Didn't see the parade, but we looked for your truck on our way through. On the way in to the orchards we drove through at about 11:00 11:30 ish. Man there was lots of peeps already camped out along the main drag for the parade. Then left the orchards about 2ish but didn't go back through town. Traffic was too coo coo by then. I just topok Romeo Plank back up to Armada Center. Oh & on the way, stopped at Romeo State Airport & watch 3 planes training landing's & takeoffs. Sat in there with another family & watched for a few. 2 low wingers & 1 high wing. That was cool.
Wind actually really picked up just as I went out to fly tonight.

Sent the BA up & ripped back & forth at the local school yard. She really hauls good through the wind & at only 50-60% throttle. Only get about 8 minutes on a 1000 mah 3s though. My 20-35 amp esc has already shipped so should be here soon. Then all I need is a bigger batt & I believe the BA will be gtg. Gonna chat with GPW some about his set up. I think thats why his is over 2 oz's heavier than mine. Probably his Batt for the most part.
Through the T1 up & spent about 5 minutes setting up for, and eventually making a safe landing & called it quits. Much too much wind. Fun though...keeps the fingers sharp & the blood flowing! By then it was dark anyway.

Lights... yup Mike, gonna have to do that for sure with my flying schedule!

As far as 2 sessions, just keep me posted. You know as well as anyone else that if I can get a chance to get in the air, I'll be there!
TTFN, gonna go pester GPW.
Jimmy
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
Old Sep 08, 2009, 07:58 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,333 Posts
Opportunity for SEMFF People

I just put up my PZ Sukhoi for sale. Here is the posting. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1108226

I will give any SEMFF person I do not have to mail it to a 15% discount.

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Sep 08, 2009, 09:31 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,103 Posts
Wow, nice Ken. I just wish I could afford anything RTF or BNF atm.

So, if I may ask the question that is probably on everyone's mind...anything specific about this plane that you didn't like?
Old Sep 08, 2009, 10:36 PM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Lenox, Michigan
Joined Nov 2005
3,134 Posts
KEN!!! If i had a 2.4 radio i would be all over that!!!

I can't believe you are just going to sell it like that! Oh well. I can't wait until i am rich and can buy everything i see!
SGTalon is online now Find More Posts by SGTalon
Old Sep 09, 2009, 08:38 PM
AKA Don
United States, MI, Houghton Lake
Joined Dec 2002
7,527 Posts
Mike,
Are we on for 8:30 AM tomorrow?
I'll call ya.
Don
bz1mcr is online now Find More Posts by bz1mcr
Old Sep 11, 2009, 09:38 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,444 Posts
Wow, are we dead! last post was Wednesday!

So what's happening re: the Sunday session at Stony Creek? As it turns out April and I are to be at a family gathering there at 3:30 (I think) so I'll be there anyway and can be as early as 1:00. Others?
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2009, 09:56 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,103 Posts
I'm out.
Church first half of the day, annual family brewha the 2nd half.

I've spent most of my forum time, as you well know Mike, on GPW's BA thread. Just about got my game plan going for my next BA now that the learning curve is just about over. BA #2 is gonna be quite a bit different.
BP21 courtesy of GPW , 25-30 amp esc, 3s & will be trying 4", 5", & 6" square size/pitch props. Sure wont be no flying in the frt yard with this guy!

Mudbug 22" update... Well my little full fuse 3mm depron Mudbug found its way into the trash can tonight. I should have known better than to try glueing up the fuse in a hurry. With my limited build/free time & complete lack of patience, looks like profiles will be the norm for me.

soooo, BA2, Ewo's F16 Bird dog (2 whole actual pieces of foam, can't resist) & maybe Magic's BYOB for my frt yard flyer. I still want something to fly in calm weather in the yard.
Maybe also make something out of the wings & tail feathers from the Mudbug. hmmmmm

So after this Sun, let me know if another day is possible for hooking up with ya'll & Jim while he's still in town.
TTFN
Jimmy
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:08 AM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
Hi all,
The weather here has been great. The last two evenings I was at my friends house in Memphis and I flew just about all his planes at the East Wings field. Last night was so funny. I was able to borrow a 3D foamy and I was the only one flying putting on a bad show when a skunk walked out on the runnway. He was plenty far away and everyone started laughing. Well I couldn't resist so I started flying low level circles around it. Up came his tail as he was being buzzed. It was pretty funny but then he tried to get away from the plane and started running right for the pits. Everyone was getting ready to run and shouting it was so funny. After about 3 minutes of this I was able to corral him enough to get him to run the other way and off the field. I have never had anything like that happen before. I wish someone had grabbed a camera. I need to ask around and see if someone managed a photo.

Not sure of a good time to get with anyone. All the friend and family are planning this and that now that we are here. We are planning to get together on Friday at East Wings again. If anyone can make it I can get directions to the field in Memphis. Anyone have plans at other times as well? I need to talk to the wife about Sunday.

Jim
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Sep 12, 2009, 10:41 AM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,527 Posts
Jim (skunk driver),
Great story! A video of that would be a hit here and on you tube.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 06:14 AM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,444 Posts
Any action on Stony Creek today? I'll be leaving for church in a few minutes, so if any of you guys are going, give me a call.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:20 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,444 Posts
bump

Wow, 4 pages back, Must be all are focused on getting kids into school, or something, and only old retirees are available......

Sunday would have been a nice day for a session. I stopped by Oak Grove on the way home from the fam gettogether, and two of the guys who fly there were there. One, the guy who's name escapes me, but was flying the micros last fall and winter brought three or four scratch builds, one a sortof Eindecker was getting tuned in, and looks to be a great flyer. When I got there, skeeters were just starting to bite, so didn't stay.

Now for something completely different....
Anyone interested in doing a group order to Deamextreme for some Mystery 2s 900's? Shipping is free, but the more you order, the lower the price each is.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:23 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,444 Posts
Jim: Bummer that we can't seem to get together, hopefully one of the guys will be available this week (I'm leaving for tx soon, so am preoccupied with that). Couple of years ago, I was in New Orleans for a week but couldn't get the timing worked out to visit with gpw and msmith - and I was building and flying his T1 at the time. Was bummed about that!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:27 PM
AKA Don
Joined Dec 2002
7,527 Posts
Quote:
Anyone interested in doing a group order to Deamextreme for some Mystery 2s 900's? Shipping is free, but the more you order, the lower the price each is.
I'll take 3.
Don
Old Sep 14, 2009, 10:38 PM
Joined Dec 2008
5,103 Posts
Quote:
Wow, 4 pages back, Must be all are focused on getting kids into school, or something, and only old retirees are available......

Now for something completely different....
Life has gotten just coo coo for me and no free time. Something "New" has also come up in my Life recently that has taken center stage as of late so I might be out of the loop for a little while.
As for the Mysteries, keep me posted on when you plan on ordering.
I am sitting on $15.00 left from the B-Day money from July. And this is only because the $12.00 I spent on another HS 05s RX was refunded to me by the seller as it was a bad rx & he didn't have any more. 1 thing I am noticing I will need though is another big mah 3s. Having just 1 for the BA and with Ewo's F16 on the way... Yes, I went with his F16. I just have no build time right now & an actual 2 piece build. Can't pass it up & my taste for a somewhat scale profile jet isn't going away any time soon. Not that I have the time right now anyway. I also need to get a mixer from Don still.
Just shoot me a note when you are getting close to placing your order.
Gotta shoot out 1 more note then hittin the sack
TTFN
Jimmy